Note

The rest of their second year passed by in a similar way. Honey continued to go with Remus every full moon, she helped Peter with Potions, James with Charms, and Sirius with DADA. Lily remained confused about her feelings for James, and Marlene came out as Pansexual. The group supported her fully, and she even developed a crush on Dorcas Meadowes.

The trio of girls passed every exam with good grades, as did Remus and Sirius. James and Peter had a few difficulties, but most of their exams were good. They all chose their electives for the next year. Honey took Divination and Care of Magical Creatures, same as Sirius, James, Peter, Lily and Marlene. Remus decided to take Arithmancy and Care of Magical Creatures.

Honey went home for the summer to help take care of her little brother, Cole. He was adorable with pudgy little cheeks and fists. He already had a little bit of hair, and it was turning bright red like his father's.

Sirius fought with his parents regularly and spent most of his time walking around Muggle London with Honey. Their friendship grew incredibly, and they were inseparable. Regulus often joined them to get out of the house while the adult Black's were screaming at each other or the house-elves.

Remus had an enjoyable summer, finding the new wolfsbane potion an improvement over becoming a fully-fledged werewolf once a month. He and his parents went on a weekend trip to visit their cousins in Paris.

James celebrated his birthday early with his parents and got a new broom, a broom servicing kit and one of the kittens from Honey's cat's litter. He played many pranks on his parents and other family members as often as he could.

Peter grew and ate a lot of candy, ensuring to send some out to his friends at least once a week, sometimes more. He, too, received a kitten from Honey, as all of the boys did. He went to the south of France for the summer.

Lily showed her parents pictures of the castle and all of her friends. Of course, all they could see of the castle was rubble, so they were confused as to why their daughter and her friends would stand in front of a pile of rubble for pictures.

Marlene and Dorcas talked to each other four times a week. Their friendship strengthened, and Dorcas caught feelings for Marlene. Both had nice summers with their families.

All of the original group (Marlene, Lily, James, Sirius, Peter, Remus, Honey) met in Diagon Alley and recounted the tales of their summers. Honey had abandoned her mother somewhere in the Hogs Head bar and found her way to the ice cream parlour where she would meet her friends. All except Sirius who had arrived with her. However, she was forced to carry around Cole until late that evening when her Mother went home, letting Honey rent a room with Lily and Marlene until the next day when they would be off to Platform 9 3/4.