Part 48: Tricks up their sleeves

Honey walked through the long corridor, but before long, she began to sprint. She passed painting after painting, stone wall after stone wall. The box in her arms bounced as she ran, shifting the contents.

"Honey! Where are you going?" A male voice called behind her.

"Away from you, Sylvester!" She screamed, not daring to look back.

"Why's that, babe?" Sylvester Mae called, chasing after her.

"Don't call me babe," Honey cried, dodging a group of students.

She ducked into a nook behind a large tapestry, watching as he ran past in confusion. She breathed a sigh of relief, slumping onto the cool brickwork. Honey wiped her sweaty palms off on her trousers before carrying on back to her common room.

She found her way to James, collapsing into his embrace. This took everyone around them by surprise. Honey began to sob, leaving the box on the table next to them.

"Woah! Hey! What's wrong?" James asked, holding her.

"I HATE HIM!" Honey cried, smacking her head against his chest.

"You hate who?" Lily asked, putting a hand on Honey's arm.

"Sylvester Mae is an asshat!" Honey said bitterly.

"Him again? What now?" James asked.

"I said a polite greeting, and he thought it was an invitation to get into my pants," Honey spat.

"Oh my Merlin, are you okay? Are you hurt? Where's the map? SOMEONE GET ME THE MAP!" James cried, looking around for someone who would understand.

Honey choked out a laugh. "It's okay. I'll make sure to destroy his reputation, slowly destroying every inch and aspect of his entire life, starting at Hogwarts, ending with his home life."

"I'd hate to get on your bad side," James looked down at her.

"Most people who have, haven't had long enough to tell the tale. They're out of Hogwarts, and the public eye, before long," Honey said. 

"Damn, okay," Lily said.

"Hey! What's going on over here?" Sirius said joyfully, walking up to the group.

Honey quickly retracted her arms from around James, latching onto Sirius. She had felt safe with James, but Sirius made her feel even safer. He made her feel less anxious, less exposed to the world.

"What's up?" Sirius murmured, looking around at the rest of his friends.

Remus, who had just joined, wiped a spot of blood from the corner of his mouth. His left eye was beginning to bruise, but he looked satisfied. James and Lily began to understand what was going on.

"Sylvester Mae is in the Hospital Wing with a broken nose," Remus smiled.

Honey's head shot up, looking directly at Remus.

"Why? What'd he do?" Sirius asked.

"She didn't tell you yet?" Remus asked, taking a seat.

"She didn't tell me what?" Sirius looked between Remus and Honey, waiting for an answer.

"I was walking down the hall, and I politely greeted Sylvester. He smiled at me, so I continued walking normally. He must have taken that as an invitation to fuck me because he followed. I didn't lose him until the fourth floor. He started following me on the first floor," Honey said, visibly shaking. "He came up behind me. He touched my ass. He tried to kiss me."

"That little piece of shit!" Sirius cried, slamming his fist onto a table.

His friends had rarely ever seen him so angry. But, it was usually for a justifiable reason. This reason often involved Honey, Regulus, Remus, James, Peter or Lily.