Part 51: Easter break

"James! Hurry up!" Lily cried, boarding the train behind Honey and Sirius.

"Sorry! Coming!" James called back, jogging up to the train.

"What took you so long?" Honey asked, taking the nearest compartment.

"Rhonda. She's not happy," James showed them his hands.

They were red from claw marks, and they were added to by a hiss from Rhonda.

"What's up with you, kitty?" Honey asked, pulling the small grey cat from her cage.

The small cat purred against her chest as she stroked it. James looked at her in awe.

"How the bloody hell did you do that? She's been clawing and hissing all day!" James said.

Lily nodded vigorously. Honey scrunched her nose, looking down at the sweet, calm kitten in her arms.

"Maybe she wants a woman's touch," Honey said, seeing that Lily had no scratches.

"I never thought of that," James whispered as the train vaulted into motion.

"Obviously," Honey smirked, her rings glinting in the bright sun.

He rolled his eyes, quickly becoming preoccupied with the scene out the window. His brown eyes flashed lighter or darker, depending on the natural lighting. Honey smiled to herself, leaning against Sirius.

She had taken off her shoes, pushing her toes against the wall and her head was in Sirius's lap. Rhonda had once again taken refuge in her comfortable cage.

"Braid my hair?" Honey pleaded, passing Sirius a hair tie.

He held his wrist above her face. It had three of her hair ties, each a different colour. She smiled, doing a sit-up to kiss him. He smiled back at her, laying her hair across his legs and the seat beside him.

"Did she teach you to do that?" Lily asked.

Sirius looked up from the blonde curls in his hands.

"Actually, no. I've always known how to braid. One of our elves taught me," Sirius smiled.

"That's pretty cool," Lily smiled, watching her boyfriend.

He was watching a butterfly fly around his head.  He smiled as it landed on his nose.

"This is a beautiful little bug," James murmured. "Did you know that butterflies can't actually see their own wings? They can't see how beautiful they are." The butterfly crawled onto his finger, slowly unfurling its blue wings. "They don't know how amazing they are. So, they think they're just plain and boring."

Honey watched as James looked directly at her. Sometimes she regretted telling him everything.

"Am I missing something?" Sirius asked, looking between the two.

"No."

"Yes."

Honey and James exchanged dirty looks, further confusing Lily and Sirius. The two looked at their significant others, then at each other, matching expressions of confusion on their faces.

"James," Honey warned.

"Tell him," James encouraged, pulling Lily out of the compartment after him.

"James!" Honey cried furiously.

"What does he mean?" Sirius asked, looking into Honey's grey eyes.

Honey sat up, looking slightly uncomfortable.

"You know how I avoid mirrors like the plague, yeah?" Honey asked, unsure of how to start such a conversation.

"Yeah," He agreed slowly.