Part 34: Alive

Honey tossed a t-shirt at the door behind her and picked up the one underneath. She threw it on and tucked it into the waistband of her shorts. When she entered the living room, she found Remus sitting on the couch, reading a book.

"Another band t-shirt?" He asked, looking up.

"We're just baking," She shrugged, tying her apron around her waist.

"Alright, I set out the things when you were in the shower. Get the batter started, I'll only be in there for five minutes," Remus said, walking to the bathroom.

"As if you could start the batter yourself," She snorted.

"Sure," Remus smirked.

She stalked into the kitchen and looked over the ingredients displayed on the counter. She finished mixing the batter before Remus even got out of the shower. She set out the baking pans, setting little paper muffin cups in the holes.

"You're a magician, Pup," Remus said, pulling the end of her long plait lightly.

"You're slow, Moony," She replied, kicking him gently.

"Alright, help me fill them. I'm short and I'm not good at holding big things away from my body with my tiny little arms," Honey said, holding out the mixing bowl of batter.

He let out a low chuckle, taking the bowl from her arms.

"You didn't wake the boys, did you?" Remus asked.

"Of course not, and if I had, they would be asleep now," Honey said. "I would be singing them to sleep. Or have sung them to sleep."

"Very good point," He laughed.

"Are the others still asleep?" She said, putting the tray in the oven.

"Of course. I had to step over Peter. That was scary," He shuddered, pouring another tray.

"He snores. So does James," Honey remarked.

"Do I snore?" Remus asked, looking up at her.

"No," She smiled. "Neither does Sirius. But, he has this cute way of breathing while he's asleep."

"Interesting," Remus grinned.

"I know. I'm full of interesting information," Honey said.

Remus laughed as he put the second muffin tray in the oven.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cole and Jerry walked out of their room drowsily, looking like little zombies. Honey ran up to them and scooped up one toddler in each arm.

"Good morning, my dear boys," She said to the sleepy toddlers as they giggled.

"Muffins?" Cole croaked, sounding years older than he was.

Honey laughed, sending butterflies through Sirius's stomach. He picked Cole out of her arms and they walked to the kitchen with a toddler in each of their arms. They set them in high chairs and passed them each a warm muffin.

"Thank you," Jerry and Cole said.

Honey smiled, putting her arms around Sirius's waist. He pulled her shoulders closer, kissing the top of her head. Remus pulled the second tray of muffins from the oven with his bear oven mitts.

"Are you ready for Hogwarts tomorrow?" James asked, putting a quill in his bag.

"No," She sighed, leaning back against Sirius's chest. "I don't wanna leave! It's been so fun with all of us here, and I'm really gonna miss little Cole Bean."

"I think we're all gonna miss being here," Remus smiled sadly. "I'm definitely going to miss scaring these three awake with you, Pup. It was so fun."

"I know!" She said. "One day, I'm going to sneak up to your dorms, scare the four of you awake and jump out the window with a broom."