Part 65: Baby Potter

"How did Honey convince them that she was a certified nurse?" Remus shook his head as they all paced the hall in front of Lily's room.

"I don't know, my dude, I do not know," Sirius chuckled. "That wife of mine sure is persuasive."

"No shit, Sherlock," James walked around nervously.

"Hey, calm down," Marlene put a hand on his shoulder. "Everything will be fine."

A shout of pain came from the room.

"Are you certain?" James murmured.

"I am. My older sister had two children, my mother had seven, my grandmother had eleven. And none of them were as strong as our Lily. I can assure you of that," Marlene told him.

"My mother was damned to hell and survived childbirth. Twice," Sirius agreed.

"My mother had me," Mary said. "And she had to have a sedative and a pain killer. And Lily didn't want that."

"Okay, I get it. But that's not all I'm worried about," James ran his fingers through his already messy hair before adjusting his thin-framed glasses. "I want to be a good father, but I don't know how or if I can. I want to be good at taking care of the baby and Lily. But I don't know how."

"You'll figure it out. Together," Peter said, holding an ice pack to a bruise on his collarbone. "I'm sure it's what all of our parents did with their firstborns."

Honey appeared at the door, smiling at the people gathered outside. She waved James in, gesturing for quiet.

"It's a girl," Honey whispered before following James back in. "A healthy one, too!"

"James, I'm calling this child what I want to because I just pushed it out. This is Lime Rose Potter," Lily said tiredly. "And that is her name. Also, pay up. I knew this baby was a girl. My three galleons, please."

"You'll get it after everyone meets little Lima Bean," James chuckled, sitting on the bed beside Lily and Lime.

"Do you want me to get them and give you lot a minute?" Honey asked.

"Please," James smiled.

Honey backed out, closing the door gently behind her. Everyone's heads snapped towards her. They had been at the muggle hospital for seventeen hours, getting little to no sleep and lots of caffeine.

"A baby girl, huh?" Sebastian said.

"She's so cute. They just need a minute, and then we can go in," Honey smiled.

There were dark bags under her eyes, and she concealed a few yawns. She hadn't slept for over twenty hours. Sirius watched her carefully, seeing the love in her eyes for her new niece and family.

"How big is she?" Mary broke his concentration.

"She's only about as long as my forearm," Honey held up her arm.

"Does she have any hair?" Marlene asked.

"It's red like Lily's," Honey chuckled. "It looks like peach fuzz."

"She sounds cute," Remus said.

"She is. Well, why don't we go in and see her? I can see James waving us in," Honey pointed at the raven black hair poking out.

The teenagers filed in quietly, going to the bed where Lily sat proudly with her baby. She looked tired, but her eyes shone happily. She loved the baby with all her heart, that much was clear.

"Everyone, this is Lime Rose Potter," Lily announced when they had all entered the room. "Or, Lima Bean. Or Bean."

"She's so cute!" Remus cooed.