Part 83: Enough

Honey drove up the street, only to hear screams and a mild explosion, followed by smoke trails.

"Isn't that-?" Sirius started with horror.

"Lily and James's house." Honey finished, driving as fast as legally possible.

"Fuck!" She screamed, seeing the house in ruins.

The door was blown down, careless footstep trailed through Lily's garden. The kitchen window, no, all of the windows, were blown out and shattered.

Lily's screams and protests floated down. A green flash came from the second floor. Harry's room. A second green flash came as Honey ran through the house.

First, she saw her brother on the floor. Glassy eyes stared at the wall, mouth frozen in a yell.

"No," She whispered, falling to her knees. "No, no, no!"

Sirius rushed over, pulling her away from the body.

"Come, I hear Harry crying.  We have to go check on him, love." Sirius said through tears.

The stairs had scattered debris and broken picture frames. It created a problem for Honey as she attempted the stairs.

"Honey, get out your wand," Sirius warned from the second floor.

Harry sat in his crib, wailing as loud as he could.

But the most shocking thing in the room was not the baby, bleeding from a cut on his forehead, but the ginger woman on the floor. Lily had a similar appearance to James, though a tear slowly fell down her bloodless cheek.

"Come here, Harry." Honey collected the boy, pushing his ear to her heart.

He slowly began calming down, his tears lessening in frequency.

"Sirius, take the kids home. I'll send for Dumbledore." Honey instructed, handing Harry off.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Sirius knelt beside her.

"No. But I'll be here, don't worry. Dumbledore and Hagrid will be on their way in a few moments. Star, please take them home." Honey begged, scribbling quickly to the headmaster of Hogwarts and the groundskeeper. "And if I'm not back by the time Remus is, tell him I'll be right back. Say nothing of this to him, Sirius Orion Goldman-Black. Do you hear me?"

"Of course. What do you want me to tell our twins?" 

"Nothing. Say nothing of this."

"Okay."

"I love you. Be safe. You remember how to drive, right?" 

"Of course. I love you too."

Honey looked around at the destruction. "Where the fuck is Peter?"

A short pale figure stood in the street staring up through the window. Even in the full darkness, it was clearly Peter.

"Peter!" She yelled, jumping through the hole in the wall. "What the fuck did you do?"

"Me?" Peter squirmed, his voice higher than he was. "What- what do you mean?"

"You sold them out, you dick!" She shouted, causing a scene.

"I did not!" Peter lied, sweating under her gaze.

"Yes. Yes you did, you lying dumb fuck! You sold them out and now they're dead!" Honey stepped forward, watching as he fell to his bottom on the asphalt. "They're dead, and you left an orphaned baby. You coward!"

He flinched as she neared him.

"But it's not me you have to deal with. It's your conscience. For the duration of your time in Azkaban," Honey grinned psychotically.