Part 89: Christmas Time Again

"Merry Christmas, Moony!" Honey cried, watching the sleep deprived young man descend the stairs. "There's a cup of coffee on the table and some chocolate on the plate next to it for you. Well, I make no promises on the chocolate. But the coffee should be there."

He laughed. "How long have you been up?"

She checked her watch. "An hour and a half."

"You, Honey, need more sleep!" He exclaimed, adjusting his pyjamas.

"You know it!"

"Love, that is not something to be proud of!"

She sighed, tipping her head back as she placed her hands on her stomach.

"Moons?" She asked.

"Bear?" He replied, sitting next to her.

"What time is it?

"Ten o'clock."

"And my children aren't awake?!"

She stood slowly, using Remus's hand to help herself up.

"Where are you off to?" He asked.

"To wake the children."

"Sirius isn't waking up?"

She looked him in the eye. "He is a child."

Remus burst out in laughter, nearly falling to his knees.

"Good morning, loves!" Honey gently woke the twins and Harry.

"Shh, sleepy time." Bas said, eyes shut.

"Happy Christmas!" She whispered to the trio.

They shot up, suddenly interested.

"Come out to the living room. Aunty Molly sent you each a package!" Honey chuckled, moving down the hall.

"Morning, my dears!" Honey murmured to Lime and Marvel.

"Happy Christmas, Aunty Nini!" Lime rubbed her eyes.

"Happy Christmas, Bean!" She replied, moving towards James's old room.

"Morning, Nini!" Cole said, sitting on a chair near the window.

"How long have you been up?" She asked, joining him to watch a light dusting of snow fall.

"Not long. Twenty minutes, maybe." He replied, hugging her.

"Well, everyone except Sirius is awake. If you want the others are making their way to the living room."

"Okay. Is Moo Moo okay? He sounds like he's dying."

Honey chuckled, leading him out of the room full of memories. "He's fine. I said something that he found funny. Now, I've got to go wake up my husband!"

Slowly, she freaked open the door to her old bedroom, peering through the crack. Every Christmas was unpredictable. She never knew if she would be pranked or not. So, caution was her best friend for a while.

"Star?" She murmured, stepping into the room softly.

He groaned, turning over on the bed.

"Happy Christmas, my love!" She kissed his cheek softly.

"Happy Christmas, Bee!" He turned to face her, holding her hand.

"Come, all the kids are awake! And Moony is killing himself laughing," Honey smiled, gently tugging him out of bed.

"Fine. But let me put a shirt on before I leave!" He kissed her, going to the closet.

She laughed, making her way back to the living room.

"Mummy!" Marvel called, drawing every eye towards Honey.

"Sirius will be out in a moment, and then you can open your gifts!" Honey said before she could be bombarded with questions.

"I'm here, I'm here!" He called, jogging to join the adults on the sofa.

"Moony, would you be a dear and help them with the names on the presents?" Honey asked, watching the confused children.

He smiled. "Of course."

"Life saver!" She chuckled, relaxing into Sirius.

Each child unwrapped a sweater with the first letter of their name on the front. Once the children were content with their gifts, the adults stepped forward to take theirs.

"Another charm for my bracelet!" Honey exclaimed, unwrapping a silver lily flower and a set of silver antlers. "Thank you, Star. I love them."

He smiled. "Of course. And thank you for the motorcycle magazines!"

Remus silently marvelled at the carved statue of the Marauders, minus Peter. He knew that Honey was talented, but he didn't know to what extent.

"Moony?" Honey whispered. "Everything alright?"

"This statue is wonderful. I love it!" He hugged her to his side.

"That's nothing compared to this!" She held up a bouquet of flowers, the kind that would never die. "This is difficult magic!"

"And these boots!" Sirius pointed at his feet. "I knew you could make shoes, but these are amazing!"

"It was all simple stuff," He shrugged.

"Well," Honey began.

"We love it, regardless!" Sirius finished, hugging his wife and his friend.

"I FORGOT ABOUT BREAKFAST!" Honey shouted, moving as quickly as she could towards the kitchen.

"She, my friend, is a wonderful person." Remus said to Sirius, picking up Harry as he began to whine.

"Yeah," he smiled, "she really is."

A memory replayed in his head:

"Hi, comment je peux t'aide, mon amie?" Honey asked. "How can I help you, my friend?" She repeated, watching as he turned away from her and sat down.

"Nothing!" He cried, hiding his face as he sat on her bed. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come."

He wiped his face with his white sleeve, turning to leave.

"Where on Merlin's green earth do you think you're going?" Honey caught his arm, turning him to face her. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head as more tears fell. Instead of pressing him for information, she hugged him, pulling him to sit in front of her.

"Are you physically injured?" She checked him over.

"No, don't worry about that." He sighed, taking in her lemony scent. "I'm fine. I'm just tired. It's been a long day."

She smiled. "I'll get you a glass of water. Why don't you lay down for a while? I'll be back soon."

Her room was painted yellow, pops of darkness were on her walls through the portraits she had drawn in charcoal. His face, the house elves, their friends from Hogwarts, and Minerva McGonagall greeted him.

Suddenly, every emotion overcame him and he started falling asleep. He knew he was safe. Finally.

"Breakfast!" Honey called, bringing the scent of pancakes and french toast with her down the hall.

As the large family rushed past her to the kitchen, Sirius hung back.

"I love you." He murmured, hugging her body towards him.

"I love you too." She replied. "Happy Christmas, my love."