Interlude

The rest of their summer went accordingly, including a lot of muggle movies for Marlene and Sirius who were in awe. Their fourth year was bout to start, bringing nerves and stress from Lily and Honey.

James and Honey were dropped off at Platform 9 3/4 by Mr. and Mrs. Potter just before Sirius, Marlene and Lily arrived. Honey was looking around for Remus and Peter eagerly, awaiting the moment she could reunite with them.

When she finally did see them, she didn't hesitate to leap at them with big hugs. She was up to Peter's eyebrows, catching him off-guard. She smiled at him and hugged Remus, standing on tip-toe to reach around his neck. He, too, had grown since their last meeting, and his voice had started to deepen, as had Peter's James's and Remus's.

"You've grown, Pup!" Remus exclaimed, taking a step back from her.

"And you haven't. I'm very glad," Honey muttered, pulling her cardigan tighter around her.

Everyone around her laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, very funny, Pup," Remus grinned as they boarded the scarlet train.

"I know, I'm hilarious," Honey said, returning his wide smile.

"Well, let's find a compartment," Sirius said. "Are you guys coming?"

Honey jumped up the steps to a train car and pulled the door closed after the four boys entered behind her. Her newly shortened curls bounced against her upper back when she moved.

"Well, tell me about your summers, Peter and Moony," Honey said, lounging in one of the seats next to the window.

Peter told them about how his parents took him to see the South of France. He had a lot of the pastries, but didn't like the food much. Remus's summer was rather uneventful, save for the fact that he and his mother had met a muggle celebrity.

"-and then she tried to hug him," Remus finished with a laugh.

"Well, your mother certainly is interesting," Honey smiled.

"She raised me! What did you expect?" Remus said.

"Well, I actually expected her to be very insane, just like her son," Honey joked with a laugh.

Remus lunged at her and poked her, tickling her, until she was laughing so hard that there were tears in her eyes. Everyone else was laughing almost as hard.

"I'm not insane, but if I keep spending time with you I might be," Remus joked back.

"Okay," She said breathlessly. "I forfeit! You win!"

"Thank you," He replied, opening the door for the trolley witch.