Part 6: December

"Hey, Bear?" James asked, sitting on the sofa next to her.

"James," Honey said, putting her book down as she sat up.

"What are you doing for Christmas break?" He asked.

"Staying here at Hogwarts. And you?" She replied, adjusting her shirt.

"Staying too, but Peter's leaving for home tomorrow," James said, reclining as he set up his feet on the coffee table.

"Oh, that's nice. I've heard that Remus and Star are staying too," She said happily, picking up a set of knitting needles and some pale orange yarn.

"Nice, nice," James smiled.

"What's up?" Honey asked.

"I had to take a potion from Slughorn because I was really sad, so now all I can be is happy. Well, for the next 10 or 11 hours," James said, closing his eyes.

"Cool," Honey said, knitting a scarf, or at least the beginnings of one.

"Bee, do we have to buy Christmas presents for each other?" Sirius said, sitting down on the other side of her.

"If you would like," She said, beginning the second row of knitting. "I've already got something for each of you. Peter already has his because he's leaving."

"Okay, well that's good. I bought something for everyone too," James said.

"I'm getting one of my cousins to get something from Hogsmeade next time they're there. So, earlier today," Sirius said, reclining like James.

"Where's Rem?" Honey asked, starting the third row with her thick yarn.

"He's coming, he got stopped by a girl in the halls," Sirius sighed, and James giggled.

"Who?" Honey asked, getting fed up with her knitting.

"I don't know her name, but she's a Ravenclaw!" Sirius laughed.

"Oh! That's Kinna Brean! He helps her with charms!" Honey shook her head, causing the boys to roar with laughter.

"That makes more sense," Sirius said as he gasped for air.

"Oh be quiet. Just because nobody wants to date you just yet doesn't mean that you have to be  quite so bitter about one of your best friends possibly having a girlfriend." Honey reprimanded them. "But, we're only 11, and you have the rest of your life to find the special someone. I mean, there's also a chance that you won't and that's okay, too. So, stop being bitter, and stop your moaning."

"Yeah, okay," Sirius said, raising his hands.

"Okay, alright!" James said quietly.

Silently they were both impressed by her strong will and courage, but they were also stunned at her sharp tone. She threw aside her ball of yarn and picked her book back up from the table.

"What book is that, Bear?" James asked, trying to peak at the cover.

"It's a muggle book, called Sherlock Holmes. He's a detective. Brilliant, really," Honey smiled at his interest.

"Interesting," Sirius said with a smile.

"Indeed," James agreed.

"What is going on? Why are you suddenly interested in my book?" Honey asked suspiciously.

"We care," Sirius said.

"And it looks interesting, as you have forgotten that we were speaking to you. We asked you several times before you answered," James smiled.