Part 40: Birthday

"Mr. Potter, Miss Goldman and Mr. Black," Professor McGonagall called down the hall.

"Yes, Professor," The trio sounded, turning to face her.

"Happy New Year and happy birthday, Miss Goldman," McGonagall said, a smile lighting up her usually grim face.

"Thank you, Professor," Honey smiled, pulling her long braid over her shoulder.

"Now, off you go! I'm sure you three have big plans," McGonagall said, walking away.

"Thank you, Professor!" Honey called after the woman.

"C'mon, Bee!" Sirius called, dashing down the hall.

"Where are we going?" She asked, sprinting to keep up with the other two.

"Just, come with us! We need some help to get something!" James said as she appeared between him and Sirius.

"But I could still be sleeping," Honey complained.

"But we love you," James said.

Suddenly, she realized where they were leading her. The corridor lead to a dead-end hallway with a large tapestry on one side. They walked past the wall three times when a large oak door appeared. Sirius held his hands over her eyes, leading her inside.

"Happy birthday," He whispered, letting his hands up.

She smiled as she looked around, seeing all of her friends and tons of food. They were all smiling back at her. Lily rushed up, pulling Honey into a big hug. She yammered excitedly into Honey's ear, but Honey could hardly hear a word she said.

"Lily, slow down!" Honey laughed, taking a step back from her best friend.

"James asked me out again, so I finally agreed! I'm nervous, but also excited," Lily said, only loud enough for Honey to hear.

"Oh my goodness! That's why he's so happy!" Honey said, the excitement clearly shining in her features.

"He is?" Lily asked.

"Of course, he absolutely adores you!" Honey agreed.

"What are you going on about, sister dearest?" James said, resting his elbow on her shoulder.

"Bold of you to assume that I would tell you," Honey grinned, bumping him with her hip.

"I think Dorcas is here," James offered, pointing her out in one of the corners of the room.

"Bye!" Honey dashed off, her wide-legged pants flowing behind her.

"She looks amazing," Lily commented.

Honey's pink suit jacket matched her black trousers perfectly, same with her black shirt underneath. Her hair was twisted up into a bun on top of her head, dyed with purple underneath.

"She does," James agreed. "Are- is everything alright?"

"Of course, James. Is everything alright with you?" Lily asked.

"It really is- oh! I have to go break up that fight," James replied with a charming smile before running over to a brawling pair of boys. "See you!"

"Well, this is shaping up to be a nice romance," Sirius said, appearing over Lily's shoulder.

"How the hell did you get here? And why the hell do you know that?" Lily asked, her face forming into a smile.

"Because your best friend is my girlfriend, and my best friend is about to go on a date with you," Sirius replied, walking away with his hands in his pockets.