Part 46: 7 o'clock sharp

"Honey!" A deep voice whooped.

"What?" She called out, bored.

"I'm bored!" The same person yelled.

"Sebastian Goldman!" Honey scolded. "If you're bored, do something about it instead of screaming at me!"

"Well, I am doing something about it!" Sebastian chuckled.

"Bye, Sebastian!" Honey called along the exterior of the castle, walking to meet Regulus.

"BYE, HULK!" Sebastian screamed after her.

"Where're you going?" Sirius asked, catching her by the waist.

"I have to talk to your brother," Honey said, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Is everything okay?" He asked, rubbing her back in concern.

"Yeah, it's all fine. I'll be up to bed around nine or ten. Alright?" Honey murmured, rubbing his shoulder.

"Okay. I love you, be careful," Sirius kissed her cheek.

"I love you too, Star! Stay safe!" She jogged away, her heart beating steadily in harmony with her feet pounding against the cement.

She made her way up the three flights of stairs, through a dozen corridors, and around the occasional ghost. When she arrived at the designated meeting point, she checked her pearly-faced watch. She was a minute early, so she stretched her aching muscles.

"Honey, you're early," Regulus said, sitting on the bench next to her foot.

She checked her watch. "Fifteen seconds early."

"Can I trust you?" Regulus asked hesitantly after a moment of silence.

"Always," Honey nodded, sitting next to him.

"You-Know-Who used Horcruxes. Seven in total. I know where one is, and I'm going after it. I'm going to destroy it, and help you lot kill him," Regulus spoke haltingly. "You know how Horcruxes work, yes?"

"Yeah," Honey said, pure terror in her eyes. "A person commits murder, their soul breaks. It can be placed in ordinary objects. They can only be destroyed with magical objects or if the person whose soul is split feels remorse."

"Exactly," Regulus agreed quietly.

"Reggie," Honey's voice broke with emotion. "When?"

"Tonight, when the rest of Hogwarts falls asleep. I'll call Kreacher, he knows how to help me," Regulus said softly, slowly.

"Be careful," She said as tears began to fall onto her cheeks. "I would hate to lose you."

Regulus pulled her into a soft hug. "I'll try."

"I expect to hear from you at seven o'clock sharp, tomorrow morning at breakfast. Okay?" Honey whispered hoarsely.

"Okay," Regulus agreed, tears stinging his lower lash line.

His throat was sore from retaining the tears and sobs. She was like a sister to him, and that was all he could ever wish for. A best friend who was kind and caring. She loved him as a brother.

"Honey, if I don't... If I don't come back, could you do something for me?" The boy asked, standing up.

"You will come back," Honey said firmly.

"Give this to mum, this to Sirius, this one's for James and this one is for you. You will know the right time to open it and give these out," Regulus instructed, handing three envelopes to the small girl.

"Why James?" Honey asked.

"Doesn't matter. He'll know," Regulus said vaguely. "Also, I'm gay."

"Regulus, did you know that each person is unique because of the people they love?" Honey said, refusing to take the letters. "We take on traits, however small, from every single person we have ever loved. And that's what makes it so hard when someone leaves or dies. Because you still are them. You are made up of everyone you love with additions of yourself."