Part 19: Valentine date

"And there," Honey smiled, laying the final item of clothing down on Remus's bed. "That should do it for your outfit tomorrow!"

"Thank you so much, Pup," Remus said.

"Of course, it's no problem, Remmie," Honey said, walking away. "I'll talk to you later, I'm going to go find something to wear tomorrow."

"See you later," Remus said, grabbing a pair of shoes from out of his trunk.

Honey hopped down the stairs jovially and walked up the stairs to her own dorms. On the way up the stairs, she met a group of girls who were walking down and giggling. She hugged the wall and waited until they had passed, then continued to walk over to her dorms and opened the door.

"I need help," Marlene said, rushing up to Honey as she walked in.

"What d'you need, Marlie?" Honey asked, excited for the next day.

"Advice," She said, sitting on the edge of Honey's bed.

Honey set down her bag and sat next to Marlene. "What about?"

"Well, tomorrow is Valentine's day, right?" Marlene said. "And it's my first Valentine's day with a date. What do couples normally do?"

"Well, I think you just do whatever suits you best. If you guys want to do something fun, choose something you both really want to do, within reason, and you could give her chocolate or something," Honey suggested. "Or her favourite snack, candy, fruit, vegetable, etc."

"Thanks, Bear!" Marlene said.

"It's really no problem. I need your opinion," She replied, going to the closet.

"Oh, yeah! Of course!" Marlene said, rushing to the closet door.

"So," Honey said, coming out of the closet with all of her red and pink clothing. "I have the pink blouse with the black jeans, the red dress, the pink floral dress, the red blouse with the black jeans, the pink heart skirt with the black blouse. I don't think it's warm enough for the dresses, so those are out. The red blouse is see-through, and I have a feeling that Hogsmeade is not the best place for that. The skirt or the jeans and pink blouse?"

"The skirt, definitely," Marlene said, looking them both over.

"Thanks, Marlie," Honey grinned, giddy for her date.

"I've never seen the black blouse," Marlene remarked.

"Here, I'll go get it," Honey said, dashing off into the closet.

She came out with a black blouse on a hangar. It had puffed-out sleeves with a tie going around the ribs. Marlene's eyes widened.

"I'm going to borrow that sometime," She murmured.

"I promise that you can borrow it whenever you want," Honey smiled.

Lily skipped into the dorms and lay down on her bed with a dreamy expression on her face. Honey and Marlene exchanged a curious glance and rushed to her side. For a moment Lily just lay in the middle of her bed, arms and legs spread out on the bed alongside her. She sighed happily once or twice, grinning broadly.

"Care to fill us in, Lil?" Marlene asked.

"I was asked out!" She said, sitting up.

"By who?!" Honey asked, scrambling onto the bed.

"A fifth-year, he's really sweet. He's the other beater on the Gryffindor Quidditch team," Lily said.

"Robert Pilking!?!?" Honey cried, falling off the bed with a thud onto the hardwood floor.