Part 39: Roller Coaster

"Hey, hey, why are you crying?" Honey asked.

"I just can't keep it together," Sirius said, his body shaking with the sobs.

"It's okay, baby, let it all out," Honey comforted, holding his head on her shoulder as she hugged him.

"I can't do it anymore," He said in a strangled voice. "I can't pretend to be fine. I can't pretend that nothing hurts! Because it fucking does! It hurts so much!"

"Baby, I'm so sorry," Honey said, her voice shaking as silent tears poured down her face.

"It feels like a million things are trying to break out of me! All of these tears, all of my anger, everything at once!" Sirius said through his tears.

"It's okay, just let it come out. I'm here for you, okay Star?" Honey said. "I love you, and I will never let anything happen to you. Never for as long as I live. Not as long as I can help it."

He merely nodded into her shoulder.

"I don't wanna seem the way I do
But I'm confident when I'm with you
Lately, all I feel is bad and bruised
Tired of tripping on my shoes
But when he loves me I feel like I'm floating
When he calls me pretty I feel like somebody
Even when we fade eventually to nothing
You will always be my favourite form of loving
When I start to tumble from the sky
You remind me how to fly
Lately, I've been feeling un-alive
But you bring me back to life
But when he loves me, I feel like I'm floating
When he calls me pretty, I feel like somebody
Even when we fade eventually to nothing
You will always be my favourite form of loving
But when he loves me, I feel like I'm floating
When he calls me pretty, I feel like somebody
Even when we fade eventually to nothing
You will always be my favourite form of loving," She sang to him as they moved side to side slightly.

"I love it when you sing, Bee," Sirius said.

Honey wiped away her tears before pulling away from him. She took his face in her hands and looked deep into his eyes. She brushed his tears away with her thumbs.

"It's okay to cry," Honey smiled.

He nodded. "Okay. I love you."

"I love you too," Honey kissed him before pulling away with a smile.

"Oi! Are you two coming in any time soon?" James called, looking out at them from the big double oak doors.

"Not the time, James!" Honey called back with a smile.

"It never is with you people," James called with a sigh.

"You people? You people? Is that really any way to address your best friend and your sister? Honestly, James, you seem to get less and less normal each second," Honey said with a roll of her eyes.

"Shut up," James said.

"Never!" Honey and Sirius cried in unison.

Rain began to fall as they danced around. Honey and Sirius spun around, dancing together, spinning each other around. Honey's hair was wet, making it look a few shades darker and stick to her back, neck and face. Her white blouse was plastered to her body, showing the waistband of her black leggings clearly. Sirius had taken off his shirt to cover his hair, leaving his black trousers and sneakers.

"I'm getting cold, can we go inside?" Honey said, shivering as she huddled closer to Sirius's warm body.

"Of course, just give me a minute to squeeze some of the water out of my hair. You should probably do the same," Sirius said, smiling gently at her.

She grabbed her hair in her fists and began to squeeze. Loads of water poured out, streaming down her back and arms. She twisted her hair into a bun on top of her head before wringing out her blouse.