Part 23: Godric's Hollow

"See you later, Bee," Sirius murmured as he held Honey close. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'll only be gone for 2 days," Honey said, hugging him tightly.

"I know," Sirius shrugged.

"I should go," Honey said, standing still.

"You aren't moving," Sirius pointed out.

"I know," She whispered.

"Are you sure? Cause, we're still stationary and Lily, James, Peter and Remus are waiting for you to say goodbye," Sirius muttered into the top of Honey's head.

"I should go," She said, shuffling backwards.

Sirius dropped his arms, but she held on to him. He chuckled softly, a sound that sounded like rumbling thunder to Honey. Tears poured down her cheeks as she moved along, hugging the rest of her friends. Finally, she let her arms fall to her sides and she moved along.

Remus and James held her tightly when she came to them. James gave her advice on how to deal with his parents, and Remus gave her conversational points. Lily gave her tips on how to help Mrs. Potter and Marlene on how to help Mr. Potter.

"I- Uhm, I have to go. I'll see you guys in a few days," Honey said, wiping her tears away.

"Why don't we give you and Sirius a moment?" Lily said, leading everyone else away.

"I'll send you a letter when I get there, and another after the funeral. I'll also send you the results of their decision," Honey said, rambling on.

"Do I get a kiss goodbye?" Sirius asked, opening his arms.

Honey pulled his tie, lowering his head, and kissed him full on the mouth. She rested her hand on his jaw as he pulled her hips towards him. James clapped his hands loudly and the two broke apart blushingly.

"Bye," Honey said, leaving the common room through the portrait hole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hullo, Honey dear," Mrs. Potter said, taking Honey's bag.

"Hello, Mrs. Potter," Honey said politely.

"How are you, dear?" Mrs. Potter asked, taking her to the kitchen.

"I-I'm alright," Honey faltered. "And you?"

Mrs. Potter pulled Honey into a fierce hug. She smelled like fresh baking and flowers, and her apron and sweater were soft against Honey's skin. Mrs. Potter stepped back from the motherly embrace and held Honey at arm's length.

"I know you're not alright, dear, but if you ever want to talk, I'm here. Okay?" The middle-aged woman said. "Our little James cares about you so much. Thank you for keeping him safe while he's at Hogwarts."

"If I didn't, who would? Well, other than Sirius," Honey said. "He's one of my best friends. I kinda need him alive for that."

Mrs. Potter laughed. "Well, I'm grateful nonetheless."

Honey smiled and looked around. The potter house was beautiful; high arched windows, oak doors, wood floors, the perfect picture from the inside out. Every wall was perfectly painted with light, warm colours. Plants were in every room, cacti, ferns, and flowers in brown ceramic potters.

"I'll show you to the room you'll be staying in," Mrs. Potter said, taking Honey's bag through the house.

She led the girl through a hall past three doors, two of them open, one revealing a washroom, the other revealing a muggle laundry room. Honey looked in curiously and saw two large metal boxes. She shrugged and continued to follow Mrs. Potter.