Part 8: The song

"Move faster Peter! We can't be late to class!" Honey urged, pushing him to go a little faster.

"Honey, we still have half an hour!" He groaned, resisting her shoves.

"No, we now only have 29 minutes! GO!" Honey said, pushing him harder.

"Bee," Sirius warned. "It's okay. We aren't going to be late, I promise."

"SIRIUS ORION BLACK! MOVE FASTER OR I WILL MOVE YOU!" Honey cried, picking up speed.

"Honey, please," Remus groaned sleepily.

"Remus, I need this, okay?" Honey said, dragging him who was dragging James.

"Fine. But you do need to calm down," Remus agreed.

 "Now or later?" Honey asked.

"NOW!" All four of them said.

"Fine," She grumbled but kept up her speedy pace.

"That means slow down, Bee," Sirius said, catching Honey's arm.

"But I don't want to!" Honey groaned, slowing down.

"Please calm down," James said catching her other arm.

"But I don't want to be late for our test!" Honey complained.

"You won't be, okay?" Peter reassured, walking a little slower than he had been when she was pushing him.

"Fine," She said, walking at a leisurely pace.

"See, now was that so hard?" Remus asked.

"Yes it was, Remus John Lupin." Honey snapped.

"How do you know my middle name?" Remus raised his eyebrow.

"Your parents told me," Honey shrugged.

"Why!?" Remus said.

"Because they love us both," Honey smiled.

"Yeah, I know," Remus said. "They write me letters about your letters."

"Aww, they write me letters about your letters about my letters," Honey grinned.

"Cute," James laughed.

"Shut it," Honey and Remus snapped at the same time.

James, Peter and Sirius looked at each other and laughed. Honey ignored them and walked a bit faster. Their test was in 24 minutes. Precisely. She wanted to get there as soon as possible. Her irrational fear of tardiness fueled her, and she caused everyone else to move a little faster too.

"Why are we going so fast?" James asked.

"To make sure she doesn't hex or curse or jinx anyone again. Like the last end-of-term tests," Remus replied as Sirius caught her wand arm.

"That's fun," Peter said, looking sheepishly at the girl Honey had hexed for being in her way.

Her eyebrows were growing quickly, and her eyelashes were rapidly weighing down her eyelids.

"I'm sorry," James said to the girl, ushering their small group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I failed, I failed, I failed, I failed, I failed," Honey said, bashing her head on the table next to her plate with every 'I failed'.

James caught her forehead. "Stop hitting your head on the table, and I'm sure you didn't fail. Stop saying that, please."

"Yeah, you did better than all of us. I'm sure of it," Sirius said.

"Except for maybe Remus," Honey said, crossing her arms on the table.