Part 68: Four in one

"What a wonderful day! I get to be part of four weddings in one day!" Honey said gleefully, fixing Mary's makeup.

"Bean! No!" Lily cried, grabbing her young child around the waist.

"I can't believe she's almost a year old already. What will it be? A few weeks?" Honey sighed, taking Lime from Lily's arms.

"Yeah. Two weeks to the day," Lily smiled as her daughter's red curls bobbed around her dark eyes.

"Sweet. Well, she now has three cool aunts and four cool uncles. All in their early twenties, and eventually she'll have cousins who aren't dogs and cats," Honey bounced Lime on her hip. "Keep in mind, I said eventually."

"Pup, I can't find my tie!" Sebastian yelled nervously.

"Sweetie, it's around your neck," Honey looked up, tightening the black tie around his neck while keeping one arm firmly around Lime. "Calm down. You know you'll be fine. We all know it. You'll all be fine."

"Uhh, Pup? Can I have some help, please?" Dorcas asked, holding the back of her dress together with her fist.

Honey found each corresponding buttonhole, doing up the back of the dress to the top of the high collar on Dorcas's neck.

"Honey? Are you in here?" Sirius called.

She popped her head up from behind Lily. "I'm here. What's up?"

"James wants you. Remus needs you," Sirius pushed her out the door to a room across the hall.

"Take care of them for me," Honey told him.

"Do you want me to take Bean?"

"Not my itty bitty goddaughter!"

"Honey! Thank Merlin you're here," James attacked her with a hug.

"Careful!" Honey chuckled. "What do you need me for?"

"Moony's freaking out."

"Where is he?"

James pointed to a far corner. "I don't know what's going on."

"Tie your tie, straighten it, and help Heather with her dress. Those things are pains in the asses to get on," Honey swept towards where Remus was huddled in a corner.

"Hi," He murmured.

"Here, hold Bean."

Honey sat down in front of Remus as he took the baby from her arms reluctantly.

"What's going on, love?" Honey murmured.

"I'm so nervous. Like, I am having the hardest time focusing. I really love your brother, but I'm very very anxious. Too anxious. I feel sick."

"That's normal, my dear. I was also very nervous when I was about to get married. Hell, even Sebastian's nervous."

"He is?"

"Very nervous. I just had to ensure him that everything was going to be okay."

"Oh," Remus said, awkwardly handling the baby on his lap.

"C'mon, let's get you into your tie. You have to be ready in ten minutes, and I'm not walking you down the aisle without a tie."

Remus chuckled, accepting her hand up.

"Honey?" James called, stepping towards her. "I think I got my tie wrong."

Understatement of the century. His tie seemed to be a ball, rather than a knot. It looked like a toddler had tried, and failed, to tie it.