Part 10: The last week

"I'm so excited for the summer!" Honey said to her roommates as they packed some of their things. "I can't wait to stay with everyone. I can't wait to meet your sister, Lil. Or James's Mum, or Remmies family, or-"

"We get it, Bear! We're excited too, but we've been hearing about this for a week!" Marlene said cutting her off.

"Sorry," Honey smiled sheepishly.

"Don't be. We know you're excited, and we want you to be happy!" Lily said, walking out of the small closet they shared.

"Okay," Honey said and collected her things from the closet.

"Right, so have you talked to Sirius? Like at all over the past few weeks?" Marlene asked.

"Marlie, he's mad at me for some reason. So, it's not like he'll exactly talk to me!" Honey sighed unhappily.

"That's too bad. Do you know why he's mad?" Lily posed.

"No, I can't figure it out. Remmie doesn't know either, and when I talk to James he won't tell me! Even Peter's in on something strange. So I've decided to spend my night studying tonight. He knows where I'll be if he wants to find me." Honey said, plopping down on her bed.

"What are you studying for?" Marlene wrinkled her nose. "We don't have any tests, and we don't even know what we have for next year! Do you want help?"

"No thanks," Honey sighed, shaking her head as she stood up. "I'll be fine."

"Oh good, I didn't want to help you anyways," Marlene said.

"Then why would you offer?" Honey laughed.

"I wanted to be kind," Marlene said.

"Okay, well I'm going to the library now. Bye!" Honey said, dashing off.

"Bye," Lily laughed as she disappeared. 

When Honey got to the bottom of the stairs she fell into someone. They tripped over a rug and Honey went sprawling across a chair. She quickly stood up and brushed off her jeans. Her shoes had caught the lip of the rug, and she had pushed the other person onto a pillow. She was seeing double and her head was aching from where it had slammed into the arm of the chair.

"Are you okay down there?" She asked weakly, sitting back down.

"Ow," Groaned a familiar voice.

"Star?" Honey asked.

"Bee, why did you knock me into the pile of pillows?" Sirius asked, rubbing his knee where it had struck the floor.

"Why were you at the bottom of the girls stairs?" Honey asked.

"Why were you running down the stairs so fast?" Sirius grumbled.

"Can I not do that?" Honey asked.

"Can you check at the bottom of the stairs next time?" Sirius sighed.

Honey groaned and slid down in her chair. There was a look of intense pain drawn across her features, and a tear escaped her eye. Sirius stood up quickly and set a hand on her head. Her forehead wasn't hot, but she didn't try to slap away his hand either. That's when he knew something was severely wrong. He slid one arm under her legs and the other behind her back. She feebly smiled, and he lifted her up. She was lighter than he expected, but he wasn't complaining. 

"Wha- is she okay?" Remus asked, watching and following as Sirius took her to the hospital wing.

"No," Sirius said simply as he walked.

"Do you need any help?" Remus said, following closely behind.

"Get Lily or Marlene, tell them to come down to the hospital wing. Bring James and Peter with you too," Sirius ordered.