Part 5: Hallowe'en

"James! What is your prank, and should I be worried about the 5 of us getting a month worth of detentions each?" Honey begged as they walked back from herbology. "Because I don't need that on my nearly perfect record." 

"Don't worry, Bear! I won't allow your corruption in the prank. But you will be involved," James grinned.

"Oh," Groaned Honey, walking a little faster so she wasn't late for lunch. She needed the extra time to study for their potions exam next period.

"Don't worry, Bear! It's all going to be fine, dear," Sirius said, flirting with her.

"Call me 'dear' again, I dare you." Honey said viciously.

"Or what?" Sirius laughed, racing ahead of her.

"Or you might find yourself with a bloody nose and a broken arm. Maybe even seriously injured," Honey threatened half-heartedly, a huge friendly grin on her face.

She raced Sirius, James, and Remus to the hall and won by only a few steps. She put her hand on her knees and caught her breath. As fit as the other three was, Honey had been going on 5 to 8 kilometre runs since she was little.  So, she was able to easily outrun them, even if she was shorter than Sirius and James.

"Oh, come on, boys! It's not even that far of a run, and your legs are longer, and you're not even wearing a skirt," Honey smiled breathlessly.

"And our shoes are more comfortable than yours," Remus agreed.

Peter was panting heavily as he stumped into the room. His face was red and sweaty and he had sweat seeping onto his button-down shirt from his underarms and chest. His bag was falling off his shoulder onto his stomach, and he looked positively faint.

"Peter, are you good?" Honey asked, taking his bag away from him.

"Yeah," He panted, and lead the way into the dining hall.

Honey sat down next to Lily and Marlene. Sirius, Remus, James, and Peter sat down across from the girls. Their meal was silent, but calm after their chaotic herbology class. Honey inhaled her food and then rushed off to the library for a half-hour of studying. 

When her time was up she ran down the twelve flights of stairs to the dungeons where Slughorn had just opened the classroom and sat down in the second row of seats. She surprised her friends by being ready in her seat when they filed in. Her hair was askew and her cheeks were flushed from the running.

"How did you get down here before we did?" Sirius asked incredulously. "You had to run all the way from the library, and we were in the great hall. The library is a 15 to 20-minute walk, and a 9-minute run. How in Merlin's beard did you get here so fast? I know you study until the very last minute!"

"Um, I sprinted down the 12 sets of stairs, pushed a lot of people, and screamed at more people to move out of the way?" Honey said so quickly and quietly that nobody could hear her.

"Speak up, Bee," Sirius sighed, pulling a quill and ink out of his bag.

"I sprinted down all 12 flights of stairs, screamed and pushed people, and managed not to get any detentions," Honey said, loud enough for the surrounding few people to hear.

"That's awful, are those people okay?" Sirius laughed.

"No, they're all dead," Honey said sarcastically, but Sirius looked shocked.

"Really?" Sirius said in awe. "I once killed a kid by pushing him into a, oh you're going to hate this, a mattress! Oh my, Merlin!"

"Shut it," Honey snapped.