Prologue

Honey couldn't stand to be around her parents. She wished that she could leave for Hogwarts now! Just because they were Goldman's didn't mean that they were happy.

 Honey truly did live up to her name, honey-coloured locks hung down to her hips and her eyes were large and grey. She had high cheekbones and a well-structured jaw. Freckles speckled her face, covering the bridge of her nose and cheeks. She was a rather adorable 11-year-old girl, and even just looking at her you could tell she would grow up to be beautiful.

 "Honey Marissa Bell Luna Livera Goldman! Get your bottom down here, THIS INSTANT!" Her mother, Wren called from the kitchen. 

 "I'm coming, mother!" She called back, uncrossing her legs. 

 She stood up from her bed and sauntered across her room. It wasn't anything special, but it was hers. On the walls, there were coal and graphite drawings posted everywhere. She had an easel and paints sitting near her window so that she could paint whenever she felt the need.

A violin was resting against the violet wall next to her light yellow door. The colour combination was odd, but it worked. There were rays of sunshine shining through her window illuminating the room and her.

She looked like a ray of sunshine, totally unfitting to her surroundings. Every other corner of the house was dark and gloomy. She was the only light in the dark, or so her cousins always said.

"Honey!" Her mother yelled again. "Hurry up!"

"Coming mother!" She called back, beginning to get annoyed.

"Faster child," One of the portraits on the walls encouraged her as she waltzed down the stairs with her usual air of casual superiority and grace. "She's in a right state!" 

"Thank you, Sir Gerald," She said, rushing even faster down the stairs.

At the foot of the stairs, Honey slipped on a rug and fell face-first into a boy her own age. He had dark hair and blue eyes, a strong jaw and a high brow. He tripped over the family cat, and they lay dazed on the floor for a moment.

"Who might this be?" A high voice sneered over her.

"I'm Honey Marissa Bell Luna Livera Goldman. Pleased to meet you!" Honey told the tall woman, extracting herself from the boy.

"Hm," The woman huffed and followed Mrs. Goldman to the main sitting room.

"Don't worry about mother, she's always like that!" The boy from the floor said cheerfully.

"What's your name?" Honey asked, jutting her hand out to help the boy.

He took her hand and she pulled him up. He had a large grin on his face, and he held onto her hand even after he was standing.

"I'm Sirius Orion Black, pleased to meet you Honey blah blah blah Goldman!"

Honey laughed and shook the boy's hand.

"HONEY; SHOW SIRIUS AROUND, MAYBE TAKE HIM TO YOUR ROOM!" Honey's mother yelled from the guest drawing-room.

"Are you going to Hogwarts this year, Sirius?" She said, leading him up to her room.

"Yes, I am. What about you Bee?" He said, already giving her a nickname.

"Bee?" She asked, opening her door.

"I don't know, your name is Honey, and honey comes from bees, so I thought that Bee would suit you. If you don't like it I can call you something else!" He said hastily, splotches of red appearing on his cheeks.

"No, I really do like it, Siri. I've just never had a nickname before!" Honey sighed, sitting down on the edge of her bed, which, coincidentally, was covered with bees.

"Let's work on my nickname before Hogwarts." Sirius shook his head.

"What house do you aspire to be in?" Honey asked, but Sirius's eyes were fixed on her as if taking in every single detail, no matter how small.

He was thinking just how odd she was; her blonde ringlets hung long against her white blouse, touching the waistband of her deep green ankle-length skirt. Her grey eyes and pink mouth were near perfect, and her freckles were adorable.

"Sirius Black!" Honey said, snapping her fingers in front of his face.

"Yeah?" He said, flinching at the break into his thoughts.

"What house do you aspire to be in?" Honey repeated, crossing her arms.

"Gryffindor," He said quickly. "To spite my family, and also because I would rather be anywhere but in Slytherin!" 

"Interesting," Honey said, walking over to her easel.

"What about you?" Sirius said as she opened a bottle of black ink.

"Anywhere but Slytherin, too," She replied, picking out one of her favourite brushes.

"Interesting," Sirius said, grinning widely.

Honey was painting lines on the canvas with her ink, making an ink replica of Sirius right before his eyes; huge grin and all. She created his dimples with accuracy, his eyes were bright and shining with mischief, and his hair was wild. 

"Sirius, what do you think of the name... Sisi?" Honey tried.

"Nope, try again Bee." He shook his head.

"Star?" She asked.

"Anything better?" He replied, looking over her shoulder as the ink dried.

"Hmm," Honey thought, rinsing her brush under a tap in the corner of her room.

"Nothing?" Sirius sighed, putting the cap back on her ink bottle.

"Trippy McFalls?" She giggled.

"No!" Sirius said loudly.

"Fine, Star it is!" Honey laughed.

Her laugh was musical and perfectly reflected her beauty. Sirius had only known her for 10 minutes, but he could tell that he already wanted to be her friend.

"Fine," He groaned, hiding a smile. "But, why star?" 

"Well, your name is a constellation, is it not?" Honey pointed out, returning her brush to its cup.

"Fair point, Bee," He said, examining the pictures hung on the walls.

"SIRIUS ORION BLACK!" His mother shouted.

"HONEY MARISSA BELL LUNA LIVERA GOLDMAN!" Her mother yelled just after.

"Coming mother!" Both children called simultaneously. 

They grinned at each other maliciously, running past the grumbling portraits on the walls. They managed to stay upright on the landing of the first floor and looked like perfect little angels before their mothers.

"Sirius, say goodbye to your Aunt Wren!" Mrs. Black commanded.

"Goodbye, Aunt Wren, you wench," Sirius said, muttering the last bit under his breath.

Honey was the only one to hear him, and she smirked.

"Honey Marissa, say goodbye to your Aunt Walburga!" Honey's mother said, pinching the little girl's bare arm.

"Goodbye, Aunt Walburga!" The girl said happily, rubbing her arm discreetly.

How the girl maintained such a bubbly and happy attitude, nobody would ever understand. She was kind, smart, and careful; everything her parents were not. Sirius stepped forward and shook Honey's hand, which Honey quickly reciprocated with a mischievous smile.

"Goodbye, Bee," Sirius said quietly, speaking under their mothers' chatter.

"Bye, Star," She smiled, and watched them leave.

They walked across the street to where their house was concealed and walked up to the door of 12 Grimmauld Place.