Part 55: Calm

"Hey," Remus appeared at Honey's door.

"Hey," Honey croaked.

"Wanna talk?" He asked, sitting on the bed next to her.

"Nope," She replied, pulling a knee up to her chest.

"Okay. Do you want me to get Padfoot?" Remus asked.

"No. Don't bother him. If you want to stay, you can, otherwise, you can go," Honey said gloomily.

"I'll stay. Do you need anything?" Remus said, standing to sit in the desk chair.

"No," She sighed. "A better grandmother. A better blood family."

"Well, you have Bastian, and you have Cole. Then you have me, James, Peter, and obviously, Sirius. We're your family now. Whether you like it or not," He told her, nudging her knee with his.

"Okay," She smiled. "As long as Sirius doesn't get another brother-in-law talk. He's already gotten one from James, Cole and Seb."

"I make no promises," He grinned.

"Remmie!" Honey said, slapping him gently.

"What? I'm being honest!" Remus replied.

"Fine," She sighed. "Be nice."

"I'll try," He said in mock disappointment.

"Thank you," She smiled.

"You're like a sister to me. The daughter my parents always wanted but never got. They really love you. They wish you would one around more often," He told her.

"Did they tell you to say that?" She asked.

"Maybe," He smirked.

"How's Sebastian getting along with them? Is he okay over there?" Honey worried.

"They did not expect me to bring home a boy who's practically your brunette double, I can tell you that," Remus laughed. "However, they do love him. You might have some competition when you come back."

"Of course. What else would I expect?" She rolled her eyes.

"I dunno," He shrugged. "My mother to dawn over you. She probably still will. I mean, it's not every day that my best friend gets married or engaged. You're going to have to tell her that, by the way."

"I'm coming later today," Honey said. "After coffee with Lor and Jaz."

"I'll make sure to tell Sebastian," Remus smiled.

"Okay," She replied, standing. "I think that I'm going to take a walk. Care to join me?"

"Sure," He agreed. "Just give me a few minutes to get ready. In case you haven't noticed, I'm still wearing pyjamas."

Honey chuckled. "I am too. Okay, five minutes and then we go?"

"Deal," He said, walking down the hall.

She changed into a floral dress with a white long sleeve top underneath as quickly as she could. She added a pair of tights for warmth, then put on her black combat boots.

When she finished, she walked into the living room. It seemed that everyone was gathered in the kitchen, so she was free to sit without any questions.

"Ready to go?" Remus asked, coming down the stairs.

"Yeah," She agreed, opening the door as she threw a trench coat over her shoulders.

"Where are we going?" He asked, adding a similar trench coat to his outfit.