Part 45: The end of the week

"Finally!" James cried, walking up next to Honey and Sirius.

"What?" Honey asked, looking up from their game of cards.

"The bet is finished!" The raven-haired, bespectacled boy said.

"Are you kidding? You're being honest? On Merlin's name, you swear?" Honey asked, leaping up as she grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"I swear!" James grinned.

She threw him over the arm of the sofa as she turned to hug Sirius. She began to cry in his embrace, relief flooding her system like air to a person's lungs. However, her tears were not of sadness. They were tears of joy.

"I missed you!" She squeaked, kissing his cheek.

"I missed you, too, love," Sirius replied, smelling her hair.

Just as he remembered, she smelled like evergreens and peppermint. She reassured him. Her scent was calming.

"I didn't think it would be like that. That was hell," Honey murmured.

"It really was. I didn't realize how much I needed you, Bee," Sirius agreed, wiping his tears away.

"I didn't realize how much I needed you either, Star," Honey smiled.

"Have you gotten taller?" The young man asked.

"No, have you gotten shorter?" The young woman replied.

"No. I'm pretty sure it's you," Sirius said, a grin developing on his face like film. Slowly, but surely.

"Well, I wouldn't know. I'm not exactly the sharpest egg in the attic," Honey shrugged, enjoying his embrace as best she could.

"What?" Sirius was utterly confused.

"I spend too much time with Reggie and Bastian," Honey laughed.

"Makes sense," Sirius laughed along with her.

"That's something I missed," Honey sighed.

"What?" Sirius asked as they swayed on the spot as if dancing.

"The sound it makes when my head is on your chest when you laugh," She said, breathing in deeply. "It sounds like thunder. It's one of my favourite sounds."

"Really?" He asked, kissing the top of her head.

"Really," She confirmed.

"Well, I'm glad the nauseating flirting is over," James sighed in relief. 

"I'm glad I can hug my boyfriend," Honey said. "Now, where's my gold?"

James and Sirius roared with laughter.

"You can get it later," James sighed.

"I guess I can let you off... for now," Honey giggled evilly.

"I missed the more normal you," James smiled.

"I'm still pretty damned annoying and weird," Honey replied.

"Yeah, but we love you anyway," James smirked.

"Shut up," Honey said, kicking him gently.

"Bee?" Sirius asked.

"Yeah," She said, looking up at him.

"I have to go to the bathroom," He said.

She dropped her arms from around him before letting him walk away. She smiled, taking a deep breath in.

"You are way too attached," James said, watching Honey as she sat down.

"Like you're not attached to Lily," Honey said snarkily. "Hey, where's Peter? I haven't seen him in a while."