Part 37: The fight

Honey was locked in one of the bathroom stalls, waiting for the people chasing her to leave. They were banging on the door, trying to magically unlock it. But, it was to no avail. The school had used magic to ensure that they couldn't unlock it unless they were inside. 

"Impedimenta!" Honey said, pointing her wand at the two sets of feet in front of the door.

They immediately froze and fell over. Honey dashed past the sinks, leaping over the bodies on the ground. Her footsteps pounded the floor as she ran to the Potions classroom. She slipped into her seat next to Remus and watched as the Professor stared at her silently.

"Sorry for being late, Professor Slughorn! I wasn't paying too much attention to time and I was visiting my cousin's portrait!" Honey excused as she caught her breath.

"Pup, what the actual hell happened to you? You were behind us one minute, and then you were gone the next!" Remus whispered as Slughorn began instructing the class.

"Marlene happened," Honey said, annoyance clear in her voice. "She and another girl were chasing me. I had to lock myself in the bathroom. That's why they're late."

"Miss Mckinnon, Miss Ramsay, you're very late!" Slughorn called as the two girls entered the classroom. "Please take your seats and turn to page 228. And, that's detention for each of you. My office, 6 o'clock tonight. Now, can we continue with our lesson, ladies?" 

"Sorry, sir," They mumbled, embarrassedly as they walked past Honey.

They pretended not to notice Honey, shoving her with their elbows, bruising her shoulders and upper arms. When Eliza Ramsay bumped into Honey, she fell off her stool, crumpling to the floor. She smacked her head on Remus's chair and passed out.

"Miss Ramsay and MIss Mckinnon! That is two months of detention for each of you!" Slughorn scolded, staring the two down. "Mr. Black, you seem to be proficient in my class. Could you take Miss Goldman to the Hospital Wing?"

"Yes, sir!" Sirius called from the floor where he was already crouching beside his girlfriend.

He slipped one arm under her neck and the other under her knees. Her hair flopped around as they made their way up the stairs to where Madam Pomfrey was always ready for the next injured student.

"What in Merlin's- oh, it's Miss Goldman. I should just keep a bed for her. Reserve a spot," Madam Pomfrey said, setting up a bed.

"Yeah, we are in here a lot," Sirius admitted with a slight chuckle.

"Well, it seems to be mostly for her and Mr. Potter's Quidditch injuries. Along with your own minor injuries, young man. What happened?" The nurse asked, pulling back the bedsheet for her to be laid down.

"Well, two days ago, she got in a fight with one of her roommates. And today, it got physical. Marlene and Elisa pushed her around a little, then she slipped off her stool. She hit her head on Remus's stool, then she passed out," Sirius said, tucking her in with great care. "Will... will she be okay?"

"I presume she's your girlfriend, is she?" The older witch said, looking at his anxious expression.

"Yeah, for almost two years," Sirius agreed, calming slightly.

"You seem to love her a lot," She noticed.

"Yeah, since the day we first met. She's almost always been there for me," He agreed.

"When did you meet?" Madam Pomfrey said, healing the huge gash running across Honey's forehead.

"Just before Hogwarts, actually. Our parents were neighbours, and they decided it was time for us to meet. But, now she lives with the Potter's. I don't get to see her a lot over the summer. It sucks, but I spend almost every day at school with her," Sirius said, watching carefully as a long, thin scar formed on her head.

"That's great. If you would like some water, you can get a cup from my office," The older woman asked, healing the cut that went through Honey's lips.

Sirius stood up and walked over to the office gratefully, pulling a cup off the counter. He filled it with his wand, taking a sip of the cool water.

"Bee?" He asked, seeing her eyes blink open as he sat next to her.

"S-Star? What happened?" Honey croaked. "How did I get here?"

"Shh, it's okay. Hush, now," He said with a smirk.

"Shut up," She snapped with a laugh. "But, seriously. What happened?"

"What's the last thing you remember?" He asked, brushing her hair away from her forehead, revealing the new scar on the top of her head.

"I was pushed by Mar-Marlene and Elisa," She frowned, reaching out for Sirius's hand.

"You fell off the stool, hit your head on Moony's stool, cut your head, cut your lip, you have a few bruises. How's your head?" Sirius replied, holding one hand in both of his.

"Pounding, but I'll be fine. Why are you still sitting on that chair?" She looked up at him, tilting her head in curiosity. "Come sit on the bed with me? Please?"

He stood and sat on the edge of the bed. She rolled her eyes, making a show of moving over so that they could both fit on the bed comfortably.

"Sing me a song," Honey demanded of the boy.

"Alright... what song, Bee?" Sirius replied

"Anything you like," She smiled, closing her eyes sleepily.

"Can anybody find me somebody to love?
Ooh, each morning I get up I die a little
Can barely stand on my feet
Take a look in the mirror and cry
Lord, what you're doing to me
I have spent all my years in believing you
But I just can't get no relief, Lord!
Somebody  ooh somebody
Can anybody find me somebody to love?
I work hard every day of my life
I work 'til I ache in my bones
At the end
I take home my hard earned pay all on my own
I get down on my knees
And I start to pray
'Til the tears run down from my eyes
Lord, somebody, ooh somebody
Can anybody find me somebody to love?
Everyday I try and I try and I try
But everybody wants to put me down
They say I'm going crazy
They say I got a lot of water in my brain
Ah, got no common sense
I got nobody left to believe in
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Oh, Lord
Ooh somebody, ooh somebody
Can anybody find me somebody to love?
Got no feel, I got no rhythm
I just keep losing my beat
I'm OK, I'm alright
I ain't gonna face no defeat
I just gotta get out of this prison cell
One day I'm gonna be free, Lord!
Find me somebody to love
Find me somebody to love love love
Somebody somebody somebody somebody
Somebody find me
Somebody find me somebody to love
Can anybody find me somebody to love?
Ooh
Find me somebody, somebody, somebody, somebody to love
Find me, find me, find me, find me, find me
Ooh, somebody to love
Ooh
Find me, find me, find me somebody to love
Anybody, anywhere, anybody find me somebody to love love love!
Somebody find me, find me love," He sang, stroking her hair as she fell asleep.

He looked down into her newly scarred and peaceful face. Her head was rested on the center of his chest, his arms curled protectively around her small body.

"Goodnight, love," He whispered, kissing the top of her head.

(Somebody To Love by Queen)