Part 43: Cole and Sebastian

It was the last week of the holidays, and Sebastian was coming to meet Cole for the very first time.

"Sebbie!" Honey called from the garden, brushing her hands off on her jeans as she saw him walk up. "Hi!"

"Hello, sister dearest!" Sebastian smiled, hugging her. "Hey, boys!"

"Hey, Sebastian!" Sirius and James called back.

"I hear you're our new head boy. Congratulations!" Sebastian said to James as he walked over to their picnic blanket.

"Thank you very much," James smiled.

"Honey Bear!" A voice called from the kitchen. "Should I bring out the cookies and the watermelon?"

"I'll come to help you with it, Lily!" Honey called back, jumping into the house.

"Lily's head girl, is she not?" Sebastian asked, watching as the two girls came out with a bowl, a plate and a few glasses of lemonade.

"I am! Hello, Sebastian. How are you?" Lily said with a smile.

"I'm fine, Lily, thank you. How are you?" Sebastian asked, helping her set everything down.

"I'm good. I miss Hogwarts, though," Lily said, doling out the glasses of lemonade.

"Nini!" A child called, streaking out of the house.

"Hey, Cole Bean! How was Jerry's house?" Honey asked, swinging the toddler onto her hip.

"It was fun! We got to hit his brother with Nerf darts!" Cole said, his curly blonde hair swinging over his eyes.

"That sounds fun!" Honey said, brushing his hair back. "Cole, there's someone here I want you to meet. Do you think you could do that for me?"

"Who is he?" Cole asked, pointing at Sebastian.

"Cole Bean, that's our brother. Well, your half-brother, but my twin brother. Do you wanna go say hi?" Honey asked, ready to put him down at a moment's notice.

Cole nodded shyly, sliding down her leg. He stepped over to Sebastian, extending his hand to the other boy. They were nearly identical, just twelve or thirteen years of an age difference. Honey smiled and watched their interaction closely.

"Nini, can I show Sebbie my room?" Cole asked, looking up at his big sister.

"Of course! Go right ahead, Cole Bean. Just don't take too long, okay?" She watched as her brothers ran up to the house.

"I'm nervous for the school year to start," James said as Honey sat down.

"Why's that?" Lily asked.

"Well, first of all; I'm going to be head boy. That's a big change. Second; I'm going to have to live with Lily," James said anxiously.

Honey rolled her eyes as she settled into Sirius's chest.

"James, we've been living together for the past two weeks," Lily reminded him.

"Yeah, but you've been sleeping in Honey's room and I've been sleeping in my room. We're going to have to share a room," He said.

"Would you rather start now?" Honey said sarcastically, turning both faces magenta. 

"Honey, dear, can I ask you inside for a moment?" Euphemia called from the door.

Honey sighed before walking up to the other blonde woman.

"What's up?" Honey smiled.

"I just wanted to tell you that you're doing amazing," She said.