Part 69: Babies, babies, babies

"I really like this sofa," Honey said, waddling through Lily and James's house.

"Thank you," Lily sat next to her. "James didn't like it at first because it's yellow. And then he sat on it."

"He did the same with the sofa Mimi and Monty bought a few years ago," Honey rolled her eyes.

"Typical," Lily chuckled.

"Where's Lime?"

"She and her papa went out for ice cream. That was an hour ago. I'm pretty sure they went to the zoo."

"Aww, that's sweet."

"Yeah. What about your husband? And Cole?"

"Cole is still with Seb and Rem, and Sirius is out buying decorations for the nursery. He's been gone for two hours, and I'm almost certain that he went to the zoo with James."

"I should have given Lima Bean a few galleons for babysitting her uncle and father."

Honey chuckled. "She's a good kid."

"The other day, she was so much like James," Lily shook her head. "She tried to use my makeup on his face. She got through a lipstick moustache before I realized."

"Cole did that to Sirius, but actually did a perfect face of makeup. I wish I could do makeup like my eight-year-old brother," Honey put her chin on her fist.

Lily laughed.

"Was there a reason you asked me to come over, or did you just want to see my wonderful visage?"

"I wanted to ask if you might have a spare pregnancy test," Lily twiddled her thumbs, staring down into her lap.

"YES!" Honey shrieked, leaping up into the air. "Wait here, I'll be right back!"

She apparated out of the room, and when she came back she was clutching a terrified cat, two magazines and a pregnancy test.

"Oh, shit! Sorry, sweetie!" Honey apparated back to her house.

Lily blinked, and Honey was back with everything but her poor cat.

"Alright, here's the test, some magazines. I FORGOT THE CHOCOLATE!" Honey said, descending into utter chaos over her missing chocolate.

"Love, it's alright. All I need is the test," Lily walked into the washroom.

Honey flipped open a magazine and waited for the inevitable scream of joy.

"Honey! HONEY! HONEY!" Lily progressively got louder, and audibly more excited.

She practically broke down the door trying to get to her best friend.

"I'm pregnant! Again!" Lily bounced up and down, spinning crazily.

"Yes! I knew it! Does the test specify anything further?"

"I'm between eight and ten weeks along. I guess I'll have to book a doctor's appointment."

"May I?" Honey reached out her hand.

Lily nodded, putting Honey's hand on her stomach.

"Eleven and a half weeks, love," Honey corrected.

"Thank you," Lily giggled.

"Have you said anything to anyone else?"

"James, but I wasn't sure then. And I told Lima Bean, but I don't think my two-year-old can understand that I am pregnant."

"We're home!" James called, tossing his keys and wand on the table in the front hall.

"Get in here, dear husband and father of my children!" Lily shouted.

"Ch-children? Last I checked we had exactly one baby," James came to the bathroom door.

He had his face painted up to look like a tiger. Under one arm was a bag of popcorn, he held a cone of cotton candy and a stuffed elephant was clutched to Lime's chest.

"Mama! Look what daddy bought me!" Lime ran to her mother.

"That's a pretty purple elephant, lovely baby," Lily picked up her daughter.

"You said, children. As in, more than one child," James said. "Oh, hello, Honey."

"Hello, my dear brother," Honey chuckled. "Father of my best friends children."

"Yes," Lily pushed the pregnancy test across the counter. "I meant more than one."

James's eyes widened and he did laps around the house, screaming, "I'm going to be a father! I'm going to be a father!"

"Why is daddy screaming?" Lime asked.

"You're going to have a baby sister or brother," Lily said.

"A who what now?" Lime blinked, looking remarkably like her father.

Honey joined James on one of his laps, shouting, "I'm going to be an aunt! I'm going to be an aunt!"

"And Aunt Honey is just a little bit off her rocker," Lily kissed her toddler's forehead.

"I can hear you," Honey stopped in front of the washroom door.

"I love you, Aunty Ni!" Lime sloppily kissed Honey's cheek.

"Love you too, Beanie Baby," Honey produced a gift from her pocket.

"Honey!" Lily scolded.

"What? These babies are still developing inside, and that one is developing outside," Honey handed over a small stuffed animal.

"You'll have your own little ones to spoil soon enough."

"I presume so. At least, I hope so."

"Us too."

Honey felt an odd twinge in her stomach. "Grab my phone and call my husband, please."

"Are you...? Oh my, you're going into labour," Lily rushed away, forgetting Lime on the bathroom counter.

"Mommy?" Lime called.

"Sweetie, your mommy is going to call Uncle Rus because you're about to have two new cousins," Honey explained.

"Okay. Come, let's find Daddy," Lime slid off the counter, pulling Honey's hand into her parents' bedroom.

James was passed out on the bed, laying face first in the pillows. His snores were about as loud as a bunny's breathing.

"James!" Honey cried, pulling his blankets and pillows away.

"Daddy!" Lime bounced on his legs.

"What?" He groaned.

"Can you go get my hospital bag from my front hall, please?" Honey requested.

"Your hospital bag? But that's for when you go into labour," James's eyes were half-closed, but suddenly snapped open. "I'm going!"

"Where is daddy going?" Lime watched her father go.

"He has to go to my house," Honey picked up the toddler.

"Okay. I think mommy and daddy just left in the car with Uncle Rus," Lime peeked through the front window.

"How long do you think it will be before they realize they left me behind?" Honey sat on the sofa with her cardigan over her lap.

"They'll be back any minute. Did they do this with mommy?"

"No, because I was in charge."

"True, Aunty Ni. I'm glad you were in charge."

"Me too, my dear."

"We're back! Get in the car, Lime!" James called, pulling his daughter away.

"Uhm, daddy? Aren't you forgetting someone?" Lime asked.

"Oh, the cat!" James grabbed the cat.

"JAMES FLEAMONT POTTER, YOU FUCKING FORGOT ME!" Honey shouted, marching sharply out of the door. "Asshole."

"Love you, too," James rushed after her.

"Your daughter, James!" Honey reminded him.

"Shit!"