Aria Salvatore x Klaus Mikael...

By pastmidnight_

Imagine believing your brothers died over a century ago? Believing your whole family was dead? Being turned i... More

Coming Home
Three Salvatores
Founders Day
Because I Am
He Will Come For You
Elijah
Diet
Tomb
Leave
Klaus
Decade
The Sacrafise
Bite
Road Trip?
Ray Sutton
Paralyzed
Remember
1920s
Letter
Lies
Fooled
Game
Always
Protect You
Safe
Happy Funeral
Hello Again Elijah
Painted
Family Business
What I Used To Be
Because I Love You
Sacrificial Lamb
I Needed To Say It
Trespassing Into Hell
Arrested
Your Small
White Oak
Kieran Ripper
Denver Blues
Charmer
Mothers
Until We Meet Again
The 1950s
Bite
Did you miss me?
Make It Stop
Forgiveness
Here We Go
Punch
Change Of Plans
Rich
Memorial
Shots
College
Snap
Lost Marbles
It Stopped
Pageant
Bubbling Secrets
Wrong Crowd
Drive
Photo
Figure
Buried Hatchet
Frozen
What We Are
HeadStone
Numbed Minds
Doomed
Tunnels
Caught
Into The Woods
CampFire
New Bodies
Do It All Over Again
One Tear
Speed Walked
Back When
Turned Tables
Sleepover
Him
If You Make It Out Alive
Hide and Seek
1864
Highway To Hell
Humanity
Happy Birthday
Bleeding Out

Getting Lost

8.8K 193 17
By pastmidnight_

Arias POV. Getting Lost

As I began working on my hair my mind lingered to Katherine. What in the hell is she doing in Mystic Falls?

When do I ever know what she's up to. Katherine Pierce. Katerina Petrova. Kat. Friend. Liar. Betrayer. I've known her as to many people.

Still such a mystery after all this time. I feel as if she's always around yet she's not, she's always watching, always listening. Nowhere to be seen.

She's supposedly getting cozy with Stefan. By white means there using one another for something, Katherine hates a no humanity Stefan.

And Stefan hates Katherine with a burning passion.

Elena knows of those two being buddies and I can guess she isn't liking it considering Stefan and her never even broke up.

Then there's Rebekah. Stefan's life has become overridden with women.

How on earth I wonder is Rebekah keeping herself amused in Mystic Falls. Boys. High School. Ric informed me she's following Stefan around but he's shown no interest whatsoever.

Then there's the matter of Mikael. What happened with him and I? He must have compelled me to forget the night I was separated from Nik. He must of?

I'm tired of compulsion. Having my mind invaded and memories taken. Extracted from my head like sharp claws. To much has been taken.

What could have happened? It makes me shudder not knowing, I hate not knowing. Applying my lipstick I pushed all those thoughts into the back of my mind. Damn.

What's to happen tonight? We are actually going on a date. A date. A date. With Klaus. Nik. My husband. Enemy. Lover?! What does he think we are?

Lord have mercy on me.

I stepped out of the bathroom in bare feet the dress fitting nicely. Vincent was standing by the window, humming and bobbing his head watching the traffic down below. He turned and smiled.  

I released a nervous breath turning around in a circle "I feel like an absolute idiot" I muttered the corners of his lips tinted up. "I've always hated dresses" I added thinking to when I was a girl.

"Aria my god you tyrant just please would you just put on the dress!" Damon's voice echoed in my mind.

It was Stefan and I's eighth birthday. Damon had had to chase me through the house with the white and pink fabric clutched in his hands. Up, down and around.

He ended up finding me under his bed and bribed me to put on the dress.

"You look lovely Ari" he had said.

"You look amazing" Vincent said handing me shoes I scoffed swallowing my hate. "Thanks Vincent" I replied sheepishly smiling and he nodded cheeks blushing radiantly as he waved a hand dismissively.

"Do you know where he's taking me?" I asked taking out a black jacket from the closet.

"Nope" he mused casually clasping his hands together, I squinted at him placing a hand to my hip. Like hell does he not know.

"No hints?" I asked thanking the god there was no whining tone to it, he pursed his lips as if pondering then shook his head.

I sighed sitting back on the bed and that's when I noticed the sound of the bed. My face fell to a blank and I glanced to Vincent.

His eyes flickered to it frowning and I moved again hearing the squeak. I began to bounce where I sat and that confirmed whatever wood I'd took from the bed last night left it with a squeak. Great.

"Well that'll be amusing later tonight" he murmured with a chuckle.

"What?" I asked frowning swinging my head to him not catching what he'd just said. Something about later tonight?

His eyes widened as I looked to him questionably he began to stammer shaking his head and hands.

"Oh oh! I just said Master has probably gone and got you a limo" Vincent sputtered and I cringed. A limo? I pray Nik actually remembers who I am here.

"I've never been into that fancy smancy style. He knows that" I replied shuddering at the thought of him pulling up in a limo.

"Yeah" Vincent mused and I cocked an eyebrow. What does he know? Oh my lord has Nik planned some ridiculously fancy dinner. Just to spite me. To make me stab my eyes out with a fork worth more than me.

"Vincent-" he cut me off dramatically pointing to his watch. "Alright pumpkin time to turn into a carriage" he spluttered strutting towards the door, I quickly checked myself in the mirror.

"One second" I called attempting to re start my hair very quickly. Oh my, I pulled my dress up further in attempt to hide all cleavage.

"Come on!" he ordered pulling my arm hurrying me along and I let out a shocked gasp.

I now stood in the reception area glancing around at the new guests arriving in. Holidays. If I wasn't being held a prisoner here I might enjoy this hotel.

Hats and suitcases sprawling around everywhere. Little kids playing and fighting. The smell of sun cream was drifting left and right.

"So where are the other hybrids? How come Mark never came back?" I asked curiously to Vincent who was grinning for some ghastly reason. Like hell does he not know anything.

"Mark apparently had other business. The others are most likely gone to Master" he replied hands behind his back. So we're back to Master. He must be concerned Nik will waltz around the corner.

That's when I realised it had gone past six o clock. Vincent was even checking his watch awkwardly.

"He's on his way don't worry" he assured to me as I crossed my arms. I scoffed "Who says I was worried?" I asked.

"Your face" he stated and I sighed heading for the door. "Well maybe it's relief!" I murmured grinning.

"Oh girl. Drop the act I know your looking forward to this despite everything that's going on" he mused and I rolled my eyes as he grinned.

"Perhaps I'm excited to annoy the hell of Nik" I said quietly, more so to myself.

"I'll check outside" I called to him scurrying away and obviously he followed me. Stepping outside the warm evening sun hit me like a tanning bed.

I glanced around seeing the street cluttered with people and cars every which way.

"Oh well such a shame" I exclaimed  with a light chuckle going to head back inside where I could lay on the couch when Vincent took hold of my arm.

"Your so impatient" he commented shaking his head but a could see the smile, I sighed crossing my arms wishing to throw myself down to the ground.

"She is indeed" his voice suddenly spoke  and I swung around on my heel but Vincent was shielding me.

There Nik stood in a dashing suit with a handsome smile and I swear it my soul swooned. The burning sun glowed behind him as if he'd just dropped from the clouds and the sun was a halo.

No. The orange sun was hell fire.

He smiled warmly meeting my eyes. I felt the corners of my lips tilt up, just a smidge. Then dropped it before he even registered it. But he did.

Mark was there flanking him with his ever so scowling face. Vincent instantly relaxed seeing it was Nik but remained by my side.

Nik nodded at him "Everything go alright you two?" he asked walking right up to us. 

I made eye contact with Mark who was trying not to glare at me. I smiled cheekily raising my eyebrows resisting the urge to give him a nasty hand gesture.

"Splendid" I answered swiftly and Nik cocked an eyebrow at me. He glanced back to Vincent.

"Well splendid as it was, she attempted to steal my phone at one point but failed. Other than that she's been a charm" Vincent answered hands behind his back and Nik's eyes fell down to me and glared.

He pursed his lips shaking his head at me as I smiled innocently, shrugging my shoulders. Marks face scrunched up in a scowl. He muttered something.

"Really?" Nik asked exasperated shaking his head at me. "What in the hell am I going to do with you" he muttered angrily.

"You could send me home?" I cheekily  suggested and he smiled. But not happily no not happily at all. Then we smiled.

"Keep on dreaming love" he replied cooly as he turned to his little pal over there. Vincent glanced to me in the corner of his eye and I kept my eyes straight ahead. I grinned.

"Mark" Nik called beginning to tell him of where to go whilst we're gone. I took in what Nik was wearing by detail black suit, black pants, navy shirt and black shoes.

I pushed back the happiness in my head jumping and giggling that our clothes match.  

"Got it? Good..." Nik trailed off seeing us grinning we wiped the grins off quicker than light.

He tightened his lips a threat in his eyes but returned to talking Mark. More like ordering. But that's none of my business right.

"Ready love?" Nik then asked and I took my gaze away from the street as he appeared in front of me.

"Oh- Yes. Ready as I'll ever be" I stammered then mentally cursed myself for fumbling, he chuckled about to take my hand (which I would have smacked away) when he glanced to something behind me.

"Alright. Enjoy yourselves" Vincent beamed rather quickly about to waltz off with Mark.

That's when I saw who Nik was looking at. Adok was running up waving something in the air. A wallet? If I could choose a moment to drop dead it'd be now.

Mark and Nik eyed him unsure and curious. Vincent quickly jogged down to him as I grabbed Nik's hand causing him  to look down to me. His eyes sang with shock clearly not expecting the sudden encounter.

"Aria what are you-" I cut him off spinning him in the direction away from Vincent.
"Where are we going tonight?" I asked attempting to discreetly move my hands to his chest. His eyebrows quirked then furrowed and he snatched my wrists.

Distractions. Kick him in the face. Throw him into the mass of moving cars. My eyes landed on his lips. I could kiss him. Shame on me. I could really kiss him. Stupid. I'm going to.

My face was suddenly buried in his chest as he shoved my head towards him keeping it there and turned back towards Vincent.

My face. Still stuck to his chest. His other arm clutched around my back. I tried to shove him off.

"Prick " I mumbled into his chest it came out as if I was in a box. But he heard it.

"You forgot your wallet" Adok said in polish to Vincent. There was an exchange of words. Oh my god what did he say?!

Vincent was quiet. "Eh oh thank you thank you!" he replied.

I tried shoving Nik away but it was useless. So I just breathed in and out. Into his chest. Oh good god.

I yanked myself away but he still had a grasp on my wrist. Nik was looking at both Vincent and Adok the corners of his eyes crinkling. He knows Vincent left. Which clearly means so did I.

"Oh Aria you look fabulous!" he said pointing to me. Nik looked to me as if just now noticing the dress, my lips parted and I awkwardly chuckled.

"She does" Nik murmured making my entire face frown. A devious smile spread on his lips.

"Tell her I said have a good time with that ex husband of hers!" Adok added patting Vincent on the shoulder and disappearing off.

Nik was calm as a blue sky. Vincent warily glanced to me and I felt the tension creeping under and over my skin.

"You left the hotel then?" Nik asked cocking an eyebrow and I wish to slam my mouth shut before it gets me in more of a mess.

"No" I stated but before I could explain Nik slid past me and strode towards Vincent, I jumped in front of him, now forced to halt (or walk through me) he  stared down at me. Still so calm. The calm before the storm.

"Vincent did you let her leave the hotel?!" Nik asked smoothly as I stood between them.

"Yes" Vincent answered like a robot and he sighed. "I'm so so sorry master" he blubbered. I feel like slapping myself. Multiple times.

"Did Aria manipulate you?" his gaze drooped to me "I know the wicked tongue she has" he asked. As if daring me to break his stare. I wouldn't.

"No. She needed something. I suggested leaving. She warned me you'd be angry" he admitted.

That's when Nik smiled. He. Smiled. That cannot be good.

"Ah! My theory was correct" he announced with a chuckle. "Thank you Aria for solving the problem" he responded popping out his phone beginning to text someone. Solve the-? What?!

I spotted Mark smirking how I wish to stab a fork in his neck, multiple times.

"W-What?!" Vincent stammered his ear tips growing pinker by the second. Nik smiled at us as if we'd done him the biggest favour. As if he'd shake our hands and throw a party.

Theory. Damn it shit. He was testing Vincent. Oh but I have a feeling he was testing me to.

"I knew if I left Aria alone with you Vincent  her glamorous little charm would make you two friends. And you'd prove what I suspected" Nik explained and Vincent looked to the ground flushed.

"Now tell me Vincent. Look at me (he did) What did you discover this morning?" Nik asked as I picked up my jaw from the floor.

The look in Vincent's eyes revealed he was surprised Nik was quicker than he thought.

"I can find loopholes. Any one of us hybrids can. I'm the only one who's figured that out. No one else knows. Yet" Vincent admitted shamed.

"Well that's good to know for the future" Nik replied in a way that made Vincent swallow hard.

"Why are you so calm?" I asked bemused. He's containing that rage I see boiling in his veins. Something he didn't know was going to happen. Another problem added to his list.

If I weren't here he'd probably bite Vincent and leave him for dead. Which is why I ask myself again. How does my heart breath when I'm with him.

"I am sorry" Vincent admitted solemnly, truthfully, I sighed. Nik nodded. Woah wait he forgives Vincent for a lie?! But when Stefan lied he got his humanity shut off.

As if Nik saw that realisation dawn in my eyes he changed the topic rather quickly. Anger riveted in my bones.

Vincent went on and told him all of this mornings events. Including "giving" me his phone.

"How exactly did Aria get her hands on your phone?" Nik asked, I rolled my eyes as Vincent told him exactly what happened.

"You called someone didn't you!?" Nik swerved to me. "Well isn't this a great start to the date-" he cut me off.

"Don't be a smart arse Aria!" he shouted  with a pointed finger and I walked no stormed towards him. "I called Ric" I practically spat and he grit his teeth.

"Ric? The alcoholic vampire hunter?!" he barked back. I clenched my fists to keep from slapping him.

"Watch your mouth. He's my friend!" I seethed resisting the urge to shove him. "Your such an idiot Vincent" I heard Mark sneer behind us.

"Leave him alone" I growled swinging on my heel towards him. Vincent looked paler now his head down and shoulders sagged. He probably won't ever breathe in my direction again.

Nik swung me back around and gripped my shoulders. "What did you tell him?" he seethed. His nails were close to breaking skin. I slammed my hands into his knocking him backwards.

"I asked him what was going on at home" I admitted and he growled frustrated. "Aria! I told you already that-" I cut him off.

"You told me things were fine. Fine fine fine. Things are not fine with your father. Things are not fine with my family. Your such a controlling, egotistical, narcissistic lying-" I cut myself off. Don't dare say that Aria.

"Go on. Say it love. What were you going to say?" he growled with fire staring down at me. Murderer. Abused. Treacherous. Bastard. I held my tongue so hard I thought I'd cut it out with my own teeth. 

That's when the screaming match began. People passing by wide eyed at the flaming couple. Thank the gods most don't understand the language were using.

"Need I remind you who your talking to!" he growled his nostrils flared. I chuckled which was worse than slapping him in the face.

If only you knew who you were talking to.

I glared at him both of us mirroring one another. "Who I'm talking to? I thought I was talking to Nik" I replied in a snarky tone. He opened his mouth and shut it quickly.

"You may be big bad hybrid to them. To everyone else" I spoke slowly waving towards Mark and now inches from his chest glaring up at him.

"But I know exactly who you are. (peering right up at him) Or have you forgotten that?" I taunted in a low whisper watching him carefully and he blinked slowly breaking our stare.

He didn't dare let himself falter in front of his puppets who watched wide eyed. But he knows I've just put him in his place. He's both furious I'm embarrassing him and that he knows he's wrong.

"I am ever so-so-so sorry Kla-master" Vincent spluttered suddenly.

"I already said I wasn't leaving. Stop acting like I'm your property Nik. Bad enough you do it with Stefan and your own siblings" I chirped coldly, now Nik finally met my eyes again.

His eyes were a world pool of words. His hands behind his back his mouth twitched as if he needed to say something but it wouldn't be said in front of his comrades.

"This" I began directing between us. "This is poison. We are poison" I breathed exhausted. "We're in a toxic, abusive relationship" I whispered. Unable to meet his eyes. I knew I'd done it.

Silence fell between us. I always did have the last word. I realised Mark and Vincent were looking to the ground as if not paying any attention.

"See to it the others are at their posts" Nik finally spoke. Awkwardly, I grasped my arms around myself. I sideways glanced at him seeing a deflated exhausted man.

"I needed a dress for tonight" I stated making Nik look back to me from the array of people he was probably thinking of eating.

His face softened, blue eyes looking down then then up. I crossed my arms looking to the ground. He smiled at the dress.

"Wait! Wait. What!?" Mark exclaimed  making us all swing to him, he was enraged waving his hands about the place.

"I spent the better part of the day picking dresses out for you!" he bellowed furiously ear tips a flaming velvet red. Oh. So that's the big mission he went on.

I glanced to Vincent who was pink in the face, resisting the urge to laugh. Failing to cover a snort.

"What was the matter with what he sent to you love?" Nik asked. Was that amusement in his voice? I gave him a look which he clearly understood.

How we go from smiling, from flirting, from the best of friends to roaring and screaming like we're on the brink of killing one another, I'll never understand.
Is this toxic? Or is this just marriage.

Twisted. Unstable. Confusing. We aren't even officially back together and look at us.

"Unbelievable" Mark commented crossing his arms muttering things in Spanish.

"Hey jackass I actually speak that language" I shot back at him, he shook his head then angrily clenching his fists. "You are a pain" he muttered.

"Well. Now that I know loopholes are possible. They won't be anymore" Nik suddenly interjected. Both hybrids held their heads high like a pair of soldiers.

"I forbid both of you to ever find a loophole with me. Ever. I forbid you from thinking of it, from speaking of it and from ever betraying me" Nik ordered. They nodded and murmured their understandings.

"Should we leave master?" Mark asked glancing at his watch. 6:36.

"Yes. Go hunt. Send the others their orders. And for the love of god both of you stop calling me Master it's very annoying" Nik replied. Like lightning they nodded and disappeared.

"Your right" he murmured his back to me as he watched the two disappear off into the streets.

"I'm always right. But I'll need you to be a tad more specific" was my blunt reply. Even though his back was to me I could feel a tinge of a smile.

"Me and you. Us. It's...it's not easy" he admits slowly. "Finally coming to terms with it are you?" I asked. He turned making me look up at him. The city's sundown twinkling down on us.

"Aria" he began quietly reaching for my hands. "I know" I breathed.

"Being with you. It drives me insane, you drive me insane. But when I'm without you. I know what it feels to be empty" he went on.

"Good. Then my being here isn't a waste of time" I murmured trying to scrape a smile from him. He smiled.

"I don't know how many times we will have to do this" he murmured meeting my eyes. I knew what he meant.

"Start over?" I finished. He nodded. A breathy laugh escaped me as I shook my head looking to the ground. "Bloody hell" I muttered the sun shining on my face making me squint.

"This is so messed up" I admitted cupping my cheeks. He then cupped my hands a world of thoughts upon his face. "We're messy. We're wrong and we will probably end up driving one another to our deaths. But I don't care" he said.

"I'll try if you try not to be an ass" I said and he chuckled a curt nod. I patted a hand on his cheek sliding past him that's when I saw a limo pulling up. My internal organs twisted.

My lips parted my eyes dancing back to him "Shall we?" he mused beginning to walk down the steps I trudged behind.

When we reached the footpath that led into the city I realised there was other people getting in the limo and Nik was still walking.

When he realised I was glancing between him and the limo he grinned looking rather satisfied.

"Don't tell me you wanted a limo?" he asked cocking an eyebrow. I slowed to a halt. "My my you have changed" he added sarcastically as relief washed over my face.

"For a second there I thought you'd gone and got one. Thank god" I confessed. "I know" he replied and glanced to my high heels, he chuckled beneath his breath glancing away.

"So were walking?" I asked warily not sure how far I'll be able to go in these without collapsing. "Yes" he confirmed his eyes meeting mine. He smiled.

"Yay" I replied in flat enthusiasm before I knew it he had his fingers laced in mine and we were walking forward. (Don't pull away). (Stop pushing him away).

I rolled my eyes earning a nudge. "My apologies for what I said about Ric, Aria" he spoke. I gasped a hand to my chest making him startle.

"Klaus Mikaelson. Apologising for offending someone? Never thought I'd see the day" I exclaimed, he scoffed.

"I'll forgive you, if you tell me where we're going" I remember replied. "Not that sorry" he responded cheekily, I grit my teeth. 

The lights of the streets were lit up so many colours sparkling under the starry night. Spices drifted in the air. Art surrounded us.

"Mind your step sweetheart" Nik said softly, so sweetly I almost didn't think it came from him as we walked on the stony path through the street.

People selling wonderful clothing that dangled from the stalls, nicknacks exotic items, food that looked dangerous.

Voices and people danced around us but I could only focus on him.

I ran my hand along the bumpy wall that had names and cities written upon it. The stony wall was a collage of people who've crossed through this street. 

"Funny how I missed all of this" I said quietly with a release of a deep breath. "Easy to miss it when your running from your psychopathic husband" Nik mused behind me.

"Do you remember our last summer?" he asked and I turned slightly his eyes on the sky but I could practically see him replaying the memory.

I smiled widely peering up at him. "I wish for that smile to never leave your face" he said. For a moment. We just gazed at one another.

The bells of the children running past ringing. A man hollering about fresh fish. The sound of ocean waves crashing nearby. The look on Nik's face.

I looked away feeling my cheeks burn and not because of the sun that was now asleep. He turned to a stony stairway that led down to an alley. He stopped realising I wasn't following him down the stairs that led to a dark street.

"Your not going to be mugged sweetheart." he called up with a throaty laugh. Pursing my lips I crossed my arms "Hardy har har. Where are you taking me? " I asked slowly ascending after him.

"Are we getting drugs?" and he didn't respond only reaching for my hand.

"You know love within the past few weeks we've been back together (what does he mean together. Together together?) I've heard you mention drugs and Mafia on far to many occasions" he said the alley getting darker and the smell stronger.

"So you were eavesdropping on Stefan and I" I exclaimed shaking his arm. "I have ears. Besides you two never shut up, it's hard not to listen."

"Well I-" I trailed off seeing the piles of rubbish in every corner. "Right. I don't know what your idea of romance has gone to but I wasn't expecting such a treat" I chirped directing my hand towards the group of men smoking by the bins.

They smiled at me with a slimy feeling to it. I scowled at them listening to my heels clink on the ground.

Nik looked in their direction as if only noticing their presence now. He glanced to me then back to them, immediately they began to scurry away muttering what I'm quite sure are curse words.

"Ex-husband?" he asked after moments of silence and I frowned. "Well if you wanted a divorce you should have said so I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of getting a dress" I replied. He grunted shaking his head. I smiled.

"That man earlier, outside the hotel, he said I was your ex-husband" he explained,  I made a realisation sound of an "oh". Well.

"Adok" I murmured in thought. Nik sighed   "Bloody hell."

"Wait wait. Has that been on your mind this entire time?" I asked resisting to laugh. He looked at me sulkily his shoulders tense "No".

"Awh now Nik don't sulk" I mused, he grunted muttering a snarky remark.

"I'm not" he argued. "Clearly" I swooned as he shook his head. I stopped, seeing a battered and old wooden door at the end of the alley.

I shot a questioning look in his direction as he grinned to himself. I smelt the sea water wavering beneath my nose. He gave a shove to the door it seemed like it could fall off the hinges.

"The beach?" I swayed seeing the waves crashing he'd taken the short cut to the beach. The sand was sprinkled like glitter under the moon.

I tasted the salt on my lips watching the waves crash. The salty smell in the wind brushing past us lightly, my eyes trailing along the beach seeing a restaurant. 

"This where you take all your ladies?" I asked as he smiled down at me. "Not all" he replied quietly, I shoved his arm looking down to the sand, to my heels.

"There's no path" he confirmed my thoughts. I huffed removing my heels taking his arm to keep my balance. Stepping on the sand the sensation was ticklish beneath my feet crunching beneath me. 

"This remind you of anything?" he asked as we walked along the beach towards the open restaurant.

"Romantic comedy movie?" I joked which got an eye roll from him. I thought back to that time we walked along the beach in Thailand. Then to a lot of our dates.

The only bad thing was Nik was constantly jealous (still is). We couldn't go anywhere without him wanting to kill a handful of people.

It was extremely annoying. He would always become excessively protective and if someone approached me, even if it was just to ask a harmless question, he would be by my side in an instant. Safe to say it started a lot of arguments.

"Your not going to kill anyone tonight are you?" I asked glancing to him then to the water.

"Probably not" he replied casually. We now sat in one of the prettiest restaurants I've ever seen, Nik's eyes trained on my face.

He had already requested we sit at a more 'private' table than the one we were originally given, which had made me smile.

Something, I get the feeling, Nik was very happy about he was grinning to himself.

We were now sat at the back of the restaurant, where you could only see us if you actually walked up to the table. A perfect view of the sea.

"Are you actually going to speak to me or are you just going to carry on staring?" I asked softly, after about five minutes, as if he needed to memorise every part of me.

"I'm not staring my love, simply marvelling at the sheer beauty of you tonight." he replied instantaneously.

I felt my cheeks redden ever so slightly. I hate how much of an effect he has on me.
A slow smile started to appear on his face and he leaned against the backrest of his seat. "I don't intend on doing anything else".

I blushed not looking at him. "So you brought me all the way out here, just so you could stare at me? I'm flattered" I swayed.

"I can tell love," he said, leaning towards me reaching for his menu whilst keeping his eyes on me. I naturally leaned forward.

"You're blush is endearing" he whispered lowly a sly look on his face. I broke our intense eye contact for a brief moment as my eyes flickered away in embarrassment.

I watched the boats pulling into the docks anchoring down for the night. I resisted saying something rather teasing seeing Nik looking where I was.

"Those sailors and fishermen really look like they know how to use ropes. Almost as good as me" I commented swiftly.

His knee banged the table from underneath. I picked up my menu and scanned it briefly covering my smile.

Everything was so overpriced for a little restaurant by the beach, but I knew now Nik had not brought me here because he likes the food.

No, he had something completely different on his mind. My own thoughts were starting to creep out of its vault.

I dared to take a quick glance at him to see he was staring at me.

"The chicken sounds nice" I commented. Nik's eyes seemed darker than I remembered, and they were still looking at me.

He hummed in agreement, but I was pretty sure he hadn't taken his eyes off my face.

There was something in his gaze that had changed in the few short minutes it took me to look at my menu.

The look in his eye brought something up inside me, something that made my smile turn into a devils grin, something that made me want to grab his tie pull him over the table and just-. 

As I gazed at the menu I moved my right leg out carefully so it ghosted over Nik's ankle.

The bottom of his trouser leg moved with me, brushing against his skin as it moved.

I peeked over the top of my menu and noticed his hands were clenched around the flimsy menu and his body was tenser than it had been before.

I bit my lip to disguise the grin that was tugging at my mouth and ducked behind the menu again.

"I'll go for steak" I murmured, letting my leg come into contact with his once again.

I tried to hide the triumphant smirk on my face as I dropped the menu and looked at Nik.

The look in his eye was still there- it made me melt and heat up all at once as I saw it. It was a hunger, but I was certain it wasn't for the steak.

He placed his menu down and slowly looked up at me. As he opened his mouth to speak, a waiter came up to our table, holding a notepad with a how may I help you smile on his face.

"Are you ready to order?" he asked happily. I glanced to Nik who was now tapping his fingers lightly on the edge of the table, eyes on me. I truly wish I didn't know what that meant.

"Actually I think you can just give us the cheque-" I cut Nik off like a bolt of lightning, sitting forward.

"Hi yes, thank you. Could I get the-"

My sentence broke off in slight surprise as I felt something against my leg. It took me a moment to realise it was Nik's leg, and a moment more to compose myself and carry on.

"The steak please?" I stuttered like an idiot. The waiter nodded his eyebrows furrowing slightly. I didn't dare look at Nik. If I had a beating heart, I'm sure it would be bursting out of my chest at this point.

I could still feel Nik pressed against me under the table, and it was taking all of my self-control not to do anything about the feeling that was rising quickly inside me.

"The chicken for me" Nik said, I could see a small, yet obvious smirk of satisfaction dancing on his lips.

I swallowed thickly as the waiter walked away, menus in hand, not so oblivious to the games we were playing beneath the table. Footsey under the table like a pair of kids in school.

"Don't start something you can't finish" Nik suddenly said lowly, his eyes once again trained on my face.

I couldn't help the smile from slipping onto my face. "I intend to finish it, Nik, don't worry."

"Is that a challenge, love?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow. "That depends," I shrugged. "What do I get out of it?" I asked.

He paused for a moment and sat back in his seat, going back to his studying of me.

"What would you like to get out of it?" Klaus said finally.

I held the pause for longer than I probably should have and if I had left it for a moment longer, Nik would have probably grabbed me and left without even starting our meal.

"Well, I intend on drinking this glass of wine" I said smoothly picking up my glass.

His jaw twitched and I shrugged, accidentally-on-purpose brushing my leg against his again.

"Oh Nik" I exclaimed shocked placing a hand of my heart. "I hope I haven't mislead you?" I added causing him to frown.

"It wouldn't be very proper to jump into bed with you. What with all the stress and worry your under (his lips pursed and corners of his eyes crinkled) With your hybrids and father. It must be so much" I explained shaking my head theatrically.

I placed a hand on his and made an apologetic face "I wouldn't take advantage of you Nik" I mused and made sure he saw me smirk.

His jaw jumped again and I knew I had got to him.

"You think you've won?" he asked lowly, shaking his head and reaching for my hand. I slid it away making him sigh.

I felt myself become very flustered all of a sudden. Maybe it was the pure seductive darkness in his voice or the way he was undressing me with those eyes. .

Our food arrived before I could make my counter move. We ate talking and laughing. As if the last few events hadn't occurred.

"So what have I missed. Ninety years.  Where did you go after Chicago?" I asked  as he sat forward looking to the table frowning. I wish I hadn't asked clearly it wasn't a good time for him.

"I'd rather not. That wasn't a good time for me. I despised the 30s" he replied swiftly ending the topic. "So did I" I murmured thinking back to all the black patches in my memory. I looked up  seeing Nik was already watching me, "Nik?" I asked lowly. "Yes Aria."

"Did you ever seek out Stefan?," he pressed his lips tightly "I mean...after you thought I was dead. Did you ever look for him? Check in on him?" I asked.

"Of course I did," he spoke after a pause. "I watched him, made sure he was still alive. But I never approached him. I should have. I was so wrapped up in my own grief and anger but, honestly love I didn't want him to realise he'd lost you a second time. I thought it better he never knew you came back."

"What of Rebekah?" I asked in wonder. "If I'd removed the dagger she would have raced right to him" he replied.

"You could have explained to her. So why keep her daggered for such a long time? Why is Kol still? Is it because of Mikael?" I asked. He shrugged without meeting my eyes.

"I'd rather not talk about it. Please, tell me   what you did in the 40s" he swiftly changed the subject. I stared at him for a moment holding his eyes.

Swallowing my questions I smiled, that seemed to comfort him knowing I was dropping the topic. I'll get him to answer. Eventually.

"Well," I began cheerfully leaning forward, he smiled.

--------- 

"What music did you listen to in the 70s?!" he asked I threw my head back in thought. It felt as if we were sitting at this table for a hundred years yet I didn't want it to end.

Our eyes hardly leaving one another and the tension between us growing with every passing moment.

I told him the story of how I accidentally set the school gym on fire. Stefan and Tyler had been on the stage making props for the school play when I'd been messing with Jeremy's lighter. Nearly killed us all.

Now sitting on the beach watching the waves crash I gazed at the stars.

"Then we almost killed Katherine. I was just about to kill her but she ended up being linked to Elena" I told him playing with the sand letting it fall through my fingers like flour.

"Do you think you would have done it?" he asked curiously making me look to him questionably. His eyes remained on my hands.

"Of course. Nik, you know what she did to my family" I replied swiftly with a shrug looking to the waves. Father. Brothers. 1864. Hell.

He placed an arm around my shoulders pulling me closer making an unsure humming sound. "But your still you. As much as you despise that wretched putrid girl" he commented making me frown. His hatred for her is diabolical.

"Well. She did get on my bad side" I chirped shoving his arm away. I hate myself for the amusement that slipped into my voice, making it sound as if I was joking.

He smiled softly peering down at me. His eyes trailed down to my fingers, he took hold of them.

"Well sweetheart, I'm pretty sure you don't have one" he whispered meeting my eyes. How I wish you were wrong. Slowly he leaned towards me his lips yearning towards mine. I met his eyes that were a pool of colour churning like a wheel from a river of blue to a poisonous gold, I could fall into it.

I released a deep breath turning my head swiftly breathing in the air. Seaweed and a green spongey algae sat on the damp rocks.

"So. Where was the glorious Klaus and Elijah Mikaelson during the 90s?" I asked.

Our journey home was silent ironically since we hadn't shut up all night. Teasing and joking. Disagreeing and laughing.

There was so much tension between us it felt like you could cut it with a knife. Like the kettle was about to exploded.

But everything changed when we exited that elevator with a ding and walked down that gloomy hallway towards the room.

He walked slightly ahead of me without a word. Silent but loud. Swiped the card. Trudged the door open. Waltzed in. I shut the hotel room door behind us.

Our room was completely dark and yet I could still see Nik lingering by the counter as he dropped the keys with a clank. Then in front of me his piercing blue eyes, an almost feral expression of desire on his face.

Almost as soon as he registered the look on my face, my hands were wrapped around his neck and I was pinned against the door.

His lips found my neck and started kissing my skin. I relaxed immediately but felt myself heat up even more.

The tense walk back here got me dazed. Am I doing this? I just want to be with him. I don't want to think. I'm only thinking about Nik. About us. The nearly a century taken from us. So much time lost. So much that could of happened, so much that wouldn't have.

My hands found their way around him. His lips dancing across my neck, but I didn't moan not until I felt his fangs break my skin and sink in.

Running my fingers into his hair, holding him tight against me. I began to kiss his neck as he kissed my shoulder.

Words whispered in one another's ears, I went higher up on the door. The only thing keeping us away from one another was the thin fabric.

My breath was heavy when he pulled away from me. There was something about the way he looked with my blood smudged around his lips that just made him so... I had to kiss him.

I spun us around so he was the one against the door, pressing into him as I got rougher with the kiss. Nails. Hands. Hitched breaths.

I ripped away his jacket and then his shirt, then he pulled me into another dance and wrestle of tongues.

He spun me so I faced the wall as he kissed my neck and ran his fingers down  my side. Spinning again.

I began walking backwards as he stumbled forward, we backed up into the kitchen. His hands cupping my cheeks as we spun around. Dodging furniture. Bumping into furniture. Into one another.

His hands ran down my back and onto my behind lifting me up with such ease, my legs now tightly secure around his hips.

Our sloppy, steamy kiss didn't stop when he slammed me down on the table. He stood between my legs leaning down kissing my neck. His hands here and there. I've lost my shoes.

We flew one another around the room. Towards the couch. To the wall. On the floor. Electricity and desires burning through us. Somehow most of our clothes still remaining on our skin.

His lips found mine again. As if our lips would crash and burn without one another. I breathed him in. Gripping his hair tighter as he brought us towards the bedroom.

It was utterly dark in the room, yet Nik knew exactly where the bed was.

He dropped me down on the mattress and I smiled as he chuckled his eyes turning gold.

I smiled kissing him softly leaning my forehead against his. He chuckled devilishly as we fell down and got lost.

-------------------

I woke up to hearing soft breathing a breeze near my ear. An arm was draped over my waist.

Slowly I opened my eyes seeing the curtains. Then the ceiling. I could seriously do with a bowl of grapes.

My eyes widened and lips parted resisting the urge to shoot up with a gasp as my mind flashed images of last night. Oh Christ. Oh. Oh I slept with- Yeah I slept with...

Slowly I peered over my shoulder to gaze at him. His lips slightly parted, hair ruffled and spiked. In a flash my mind replayed yesterday morning to night.

The bed had squeaked all night but I hardly noticed it with all the other sound effects. Now turning back on my side he grumbled and groaned in his sleep pulling me tighter to his chest burying his face in my hair.

Confirming he's awake just not ready to open his eyes. I smiled closing my eyes letting myself lay in with the morning sun painting itself on my face.

--------

I squinted my eyes open seeing I'd slept for another two hours. 8:46.

Damn it my underwear is all the way across the room.I slowly removed his arm carefully sitting up he made a few grunts and groans. He twisted ending up on his stomach face buried in the pillow.

I cringed as the bed squeaked, I stood up bringing the overthrow blanket with me. Wrapping it around myself I made my move to leave when I was stopped.

I glanced back and saw Nik was lying on half of the blanket. You've got to be joking. I bit my lip and slightly tugged at it but it wasn't budging.

Like a plaster just do it quickly. It'll be fine it'll slide right out. One quick thug. I gripped the sheet and yanked it.

I gasped when Nik went flying and rolled off smacking down to the floor on the other side. A sharp groan and mass of colourful words.

I crawled over and peered over the edge of the bed seeing him roll on his stomach.  His teeth grit as he squinted his eyes open rubbing them.

Then slowly noticed me peering down at him with an innocent smile, I waved. He seemed angry then dazed for a moment and then a soft wide smile popped on his face.

I looked down and he saw me see that he in fact was without underwear to and smiled.

"You know with last nights events, I wasn't expecting you to wake up at all today" he mumbled half asleep, pulling himself up.

"Neither did I" I replied his response was a childish smirk as he climbed back into bed.

"I'm going to shower" I chirped about to get out when he caught hold of my wrist tugging it slightly causing my back to lean on his chest. He wrapped his arms around my me and started kissing my neck.

"How did you sleep?" he murmured between kisses. I didn't have a nightmare. Seems it's whenever he sleeps next to me I dream peacefully.

"Better" I replied looking up at him placing a quick peck on his lips. It was a long time before I actually remembered I'd wanted to shower.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 7.2K 116
quando incontri la persona giusta poi è così difficile lasciarla andare, diventa il tuo punto di riferimento, la tua casa, il tuo tutto.
9.2K 744 44
Ilaria è una ragazza di 20 anni che non aveva mai pensato di poter trasformare la sua passione per la musica in un lavoro finché non è entrata ad Ami...
57.6K 3.3K 28
Se non è amore, dimmelo tu, cos'è?
31.9K 2K 31
«L'universo ci ha presi in ostaggio, Bianca»