bruises - james potter

By nevillescourage

Cassiopeia Black grew up with more on her plate than the usual teen girl. She didn't get to wear pink dresses... More

b r u i s e s
a e s t h e t i c s
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty
forty-one
forty-two
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty-four
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅
act two
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘆
𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
act three
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen

one hundred and six

14.8K 736 1.3K
By nevillescourage

・・・☽✥☾・・・

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND SIX

・・・☽✥☾・・・

THE EVANS FAMILY - BAR PETUNIA - all let out small chuckles as they watched the awed look on Cassie's face only grow as she picked up a toaster and held it close to her face to inspect it.

Her glasses were perched on her nose so that she could see the item better, her mouth slightly agape.

They could her mumbling under her breath is disbelief as she held the toaster even closer to her eyes and turned it upside-down so that she could see the bottom of it.

The bread inside of it fell out, but that only made Cassie look even more in awe.

She had been staying with the Evans family for just under a week, and every day had been just as awe filled for the Slytherin and just as amusing for the family of four.

Cassie wasn't used to nearly any muggle items being around her, never mind them being around her to use.

The only items she had ever been around had been those in Muggle Studies and then the items that the Potters had, but they too used their wands quiet often so didn't have that many products.

Everything was new to her, and Cassie couldn't wait to learn everything there was to know.

From the moment she'd stepped into the Evans' home she had been asking more questions than she had ever asked before.

Questions about the object and what it did, and then it was usually followed by questions of how it worked - most of which they couldn't answer as they didn't know themselves.

Cassie had hardly used her wand - and practically told Lily off anytime she tried to - as she tried to use every piece of muggle equipment she could.

She'd jumped out of her skin the first time Mrs Evans had used the hoover and then had almost sucked her hair up it when looking at it closer.

She'd added too much soap to the washing machine when Lily taught her how to do the laundry; Cassie had cleaned up the bubbles with magic, but not before her and Lily had a bubble fight.

She'd also nearly broken one of Lily's cassette tapes as she tried to figure out how they worked and where the 'black tape' as she put it, went; Lily wasn't angry, instead she was amused and broke one of her least favourite ones to show Cassie the inside.

Petunia didn't like Cassie, but she honestly couldn't have cared less. Cassie assumed it was because she was different and because of the way she was just so amazed by everything muggles found normal.

It may also have been the fact that she turned Petunias hair a bright orange, but she thought that was slightly far fetched.

"What is it?" Cassie asked as she held the toaster in one hand and the piece of bread in the other.

"It's a-"

"I didn't ask you Lily." Cassie said with a scrunch of her nose in Lily's direction, she then turned to Lily's mum with a large grin on her face.

"What is it?"

"It's a toaster, dear."

"Woah- wait! I think I read about them in muggle studies." Cassie's smile grew even more if possible. "Doesn't it warm bread and turn it into toast?"

Lily nodded and Cassie fist pumped the air, dropping the bread as she did so.

"Oh, shit- urm, I never said that." She quickly placed the toaster back down onto the surface it was on before she picked it up and left the room.

Lily shared a laugh with her parents before she followed Cassie out of the room.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"How did people decide to have sex?"

"Cass-"

"Was the man just like, let me shove this in here and see what happens?"

"Cassie-"

"And did the woman just let him? If I was the first person to have sex I wouldn't let a man touch me even if his dick was 12 inches."

"Cassie, shut up." Lily said through a muffled laugh as a woman and her young child walked past the two teens, shooting a dirty looking in Cassie's direction.

"Oh."

"Yes 'Oh.'."

"Okay, in my defence, kids should know about sex from an early age - I never thought a fucking stork brought me into the world. If anything, it was a pair of vultures."

Lily blinked at her friend, before she started shaking her head slowly.

It was late in the evening, the sun was low in the orange sky and only getting lower as time passed. The moon was yet to make an appearance, but a few stars had begun to show up in the sky as it became slightly darker.

A cool breeze blew against the skin that both girls were showing, letting them stay just the right temperature in the heat. Street lamps were turning on as they passed; their orange glow illuminating the streets the darker the sky became.

Cassie and Lily were on their way to a corner shop a few roads away from where Lily lived - Mrs Evans had been getting a picnic ready for Petunia and her boyfriend when she realised she didn't have any bread - and had sent Lily and Cassie off to get some.

Cassie had stared at the muggle money in awe for a few minutes before they had left and even as they walked she held a fifty-pence piece in her hand and was going over the edges of it with her thumb.

"Collin's Corner Convenience's?" Cassie read aloud as Lily opened the door into the shop, a bell ringed as the door knocked it, and stopped for Cassie to follow her.

Cassie followed, but first she let the door shut and then opened it again, her eyes widening slightly thinking it was magic - before she looked up and noticed the bell.

Lily let out a small chuckle as she walked further into the shop, grabbing one of the baskets that rested to the right of the door as she did so.

Cassie stopped as the door behind her closed, the bell ringing again. Her eyes widened and her mouth became slightly agape as she looked around the store in front of her.

The first thing she noticed was that nothing was moving, apart from the few customers.

Everything was stationary.

There was no shelves that showed sweets moving around in the packaging; no people moved in the photos on the front pages of newspapers; none of the pens on display had ink that changed colour as you wrote.

There were no Cheeri-Owl boxes that hooted when you got closer to them, on closer inspection, Cassie realised they didn't have Cheeri-Owls at all, only some knock off brand called Cherri-O's.

Cassie couldn't see anything remotely similar to the ingredients they would use in potions, the closest thing she could find was what Lily said was a herb; it was called Thyme - Cassie was extremely confused on how they'd put time in a bottle before she realised it was spelt differently.

"Right," Lily said, walking down one of the aisles and letting out a laugh as Cassie hurried after her.

"Mum said we only need bread, but dad gave me a tenner to buy sweets for when the girls come over tomorrow."

Cassie nodded, but she wasn't paying that much attention to Lily as her eyes continued to scan over the shop with a great amount of interest.

"Sounds good." She replied absentmindedly.

Lily grinned at Cassie - she was following after her, but rather slowly as she was stopping ever few metres to ogle at something on a shelf before moving again.

It made Lily happy to see Cassie so amazed by the muggle-world.

Ever since Lily had discovered she was a witch she had been amazed by the Wizarding World. To that day she was still in awe about everything magical around her; and she assumed she always would be.

So it made her happy to see someone just as amazed as something as bland as the Muggle-world. She didn't find Cassie's amazement embarrassing, nor did she find the small squeals of excitement Cassie let out embarrassing either.

Lily knew that there would be so many people who would've hated going out into the muggle-world with Cassie for so many different reasons; but as Lily knew what it was like to be a stranger in a foreign world, she didn't give it a second thought.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"You should have seen it, Bambi. It was fucking magical- ooh! I got you a pen, it has red ink so I think you'll like it more than a regular pen."

James nodded, trying his best to understand everything that Cassie was saying to him through the two-way mirror due to the fact that she was talking very fast.

For Cassie, the mirror was resting on the bookshelf in Lily's room and Cassie was sitting on her bed in front of it. She had a few bags of sweets resting around her and there was a smudge of chocolate in the corner of her mouth - James found it too adorable to tell her about.

She was talking animatedly, her hands making wild gestures and many a times she almost hit herself in the face.

Lily's laughs could be heard from behind her, she was sitting on her head reading a book but also listening to the conversation.

James was on his bed, his head resting in the palm of his hands and his feet high in the air behind him while he lay on his stomach.

Cassie could see photos on the wall behind him, she smiled when she noticed there were lots of photos of the two of them.

Sirius was sitting behind him, wearing a face mask and painting his nails a dark purple; he kept showing them to Cassie who nodded approvingly.

Regulus was in the kitchen with Fleamont, Sirius said they were making a cake - they could hear lots of laughter sounding from downstairs.

"Did you know you can get chocolate in the shape of mice that don't squeal? And that there were knock off Cherri-Owls?"

James grinned at his girlfriend and the astonishment in her tone.

"It was amazing."

"So you're having a good time then?" James asked, a soft smile upon his lips.

Cassie nodded, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, she licked her lips and soon after wipes away the chocolate.

She narrowed her eyebrows at James, pointing an accusing finger at him.

"You knew I had chocolate on my mouth and you didn't tell me."

James grinned guiltily and shrugged his shoulders.

"You bitch. But yeah, I'm enjoying my time here, the muggle world is fucking amazing."

"It's a good job my parents are out." Lily called and Cassie sent a sheepish smile in her direction.

"I miss you though-"

"Not me?" Sirius interrupted, his face popping up behind James' shoulder; he now had cucumber slices over his eyes and was looking in the wrong direction.

"Definitely not, you smell."

"Like sunshine and daisy's."

"Like rubbish and shit."

"I never want you to come back."

James threw his pillow in Sirius' direction, it hit his face and a cucumber slice fell off his eye. Sirius looked rather embarrassed as he realised he wasn't actually looking in their direction.

"You may not want her to come back, but I do."

Sirius faked a cough while he muttered, 'Whipped.' under his breath.

James threw another pillow in his direction and Sirius threw one back, Cassie chuckled at the pair.

"You can't say anything. I heard you and Remus last night - I think the whole fucking neighbourhood did."

"What can I say," Sirius said with a proud smile. "Remus is good in bed-"

Lily blinked a few times.

Cassie shook her head.

"So is Cassie, but I don't fucking tell you that- oh."

"What."

Sirius threw a pillow at James and it hit the mirror, causing it to fall over and block anything from view.

"You did the dirty with my sister?"

James let out a high-pitched scream and Sirius a war-like cry.

"No-?"

There was a loud thud! from the other side of the mirror and Cassie and Lily shared a look.

"Padfoot, think of this logically- you just painted your nails, if you attack me, you'll ruin them."

"Okay, you have a point."

"I always have a point- ow!"

The sound of skin meeting skin rung in the girls ears.

"Why did you smack me?"

"That uses the palm of my hands, not my nails."

"Sociopath."

"Sister fucker."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

JAMES AND CASSIE FACE-TIMING
BEFORE ITS A THING LMAO

ANYWAYS, I ATE PUDDING AT A RESTAURANT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN LIKE 3 YEARS AND NOW IDK HOW TO FEEL

MY ANXIETY IS FHAIJAKF

BUT IT WAS NICE SO
I WANNA CRY

I LOVE CASSIE SFM-

HER REACTION TO THE MUGGLE
WORLD MEANS SO MUCH TO ME
ISTG

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS
CHAPTER, IF YOU DID FEEL FREE TO
TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT
AND WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE
NEXT

Until next time!

Lots of love
- Emily xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 5.7K 74
"You kissed Sirius," I sob. "I know, Cordelia." He whispers. "It's so horrible." "Yes, it is. I wish you hadn't had to see that," I rest my head agai...
59.8K 1.4K 64
For as long as Remus can remember he's had a hard life. Constant monthly mutilations of his skin, a absent father, and the trepidation of his blush i...
871K 20.6K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...
1.9M 121K 104
{𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟮} It all started with a kiss. Or better say, everything ended with a kiss. What Jenna Potter thought was going to lead her to a beautif...