bruises - james potter

By nevillescourage

Cassiopeia Black grew up with more on her plate than the usual teen girl. She didn't get to wear pink dresses... More

b r u i s e s
a e s t h e t i c s
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty
forty-one
forty-two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
𝗳𝗼rty-four
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
act two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
act three
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen

one hundred and two

14.5K 717 1.2K
By nevillescourage

・・・☽✥☾・・・

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND TWO

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"CASSIE, THE FLOOR IS LAVA."

Cassie froze at the bottom of the stairs that led into the girls dormitory, her hands grabbed the railings to stop herself falling due to how quickly she froze.

"No it's not?"

"Yes it is."

She let out a soft snort when she saw that Peter, James and Sirius were all huddled together on top of a small table in the middle of the common room; chairs and cushions were thrown all over the floor; one of the sofas was upturned and a book lay open besides it - with pages so crumpled Cassie assumed that someone had stood and almost slipped on it.

Cassie pressed a hand to her mouth to stifle a snort when a first year walked into the Common Room and jumped three feet in the air when the three Marauders began to yell at him that the floor was lava.

"He just sent me a dirty look." Sirius pouted as the first year ran back out the common room.

"I honestly don't blame him." Cassie muttered with a raised eyebrow.

"I will throw my shoe at you." Sirius said, leaning down to grab his shoe but freezing as soon as the table began to move slightly.

"I'd like to see you try." She replied as a smirk made its way onto her face, Cassie crossed her arms and looked down at the floor.

Sirius went to grab his show again but stopped when James placed his hand on his shoulder.

"It's not worth the risk Pads."

Sirius looked down at the floor in fear and then gulped, before looking back up at James and nodding hesitantly.

"You're right, this is a life of death situation and I choose to live."

"I knew you would Padfoot." Sirius stood up and he and James wrapped each other in a big hug, which caused Peter to fall off the table and hit the ground with a 'thud'.

"Oh, Peters dead." Cassie chuckled from the stairs and started to go over to help the boy up when James yelled at her to stop.

"You'll die if you touch the floor."

Cassie raised an eyebrow as she looked at James, back down at the floor and then up at James once more.

James looked as if he was just about to tell Cassie how to safely get over to the sofa, but his mouth fell agape when Cassie placed her foot on the floor all while looking him straight in the eye.

"You died." James pouted, wiping away fake tears.

"It seems I have." Cassie placed another foot on the floor and did a small dance before walking over to Peter and helping him up.

"Never become a back-up dancer Cassie." Sirius said just as Remus came down the stairs from his dorm.

He stopped as he saw James and Sirius holding onto each other tightly, still standing on that small table in the middle of the room, Peter was slowly rubbing his knee from where it had hit the floor and Cassie was just looking at the whole thing unamused.

"Remus! Quick! The floor is lava!" Sirius exclaimed with urgency, Remus just blinked at him as he walked further into the room.

"You shouldn't stand on tables." Remus stated, looking up at James and Sirius.

"Well, we don't want to die." Sirius put emphasis on the final word in his sentence and Remus shook his head.

"Unlike you moony, seems like you have a death wish." James added, raising an eyebrow at the taller boy.

"We need to talk about your professionalism." Remus implied, raising a hand to his forehead and rubbing just above his eyebrow.

"Those are very brave words from someone standing in lava."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Cassie let out a small sigh as she ran a hand through her hair, her eyes were wide as she continued to look down on the newspaper that lay in front of her on the Gryffindor table.

She didn't need to turn the page, the words were already there; big, black, bold letters that stood out on the white surface and drew your eyes towards them before you had time to register what was going on.

"Fuck." Cassie muttered as her eyes continued to scan over the text on the front page.

There was an image just below the words, the way it moved in an endless cycle made Cassie feel as if it was taunting her and anyone who would have looked upon it.

The skull was made out thick, grey clouds that faded at the edges but overall looked like a solid mass in the sky. There was another cloud coming out of the skulls mouth, it was a long, thin snake that slithered and withered in the skulls mouth like it was slowly loosing any life that it might have had in it.

If Cassie was trying to find humour in the situation, she probably would've said that the skull was giving a blow job.

But she wasn't.

Her eyes couldn't leave the page, scanning over the words and image more times than they probably should have.

"Half-Blood family of 4 killed in the most recent attack."

Cassie's heart sunk as she continued to read over it, and each time she did, her heart sunk further into her chest.

The youngest killed was only 5.

5-fucking-year-old. Cassie thought, bitterly.

She slowly shook her head, wanting to tear her eyes away from the news paper but being unable to.

How could anyone think that that was right? Killing innocent people because of their blood-status?

It made Cassie sick - it made her ashamed of being a pure-blood.

She'd never cared about blood status, not once has she looked down on someone who didn't have pure-blood and not once had she looked up to someone more because they did.

She never would.

Their blood didn't define who they were as a person, that went deeper than skin and blood as a whole.

But here they were, so many fucking pure-bloods that thought a red liquid was more important than the lives of innocent people.

People who had their whole lives in front of them.

People who had their whole lives in front of them, only for it to be taken by the wave of a wand and one single spell.

Cassie wished that it would have all been fake, a false story in the news and that all these people weren't actually loosing their lives.

But she knew it was real, none of the story's were reoccurring in the paper; only being there for a day or two before they were replaced by one similar, but with a different family involved.

Cassie looked up from the paper when she heard a small snigger from behind her.

She quickly moved so that she was looking at the person who was now standing behind her.

Evan Rosier.

His arms were crossed, one of his right arm was gripping his left arm as if he was trying to suppress a sharp pain that was in it - Cassie had done that one too many times.

He still had that uneasy feeling about him, just looking at him made Cassie's skin crawl and her own screams ring in her ears like a thousand bells being rung at once.

She hadn't seen him properly since that Christmas. She'd passed him in corridors and she'd heard his loud voice in the Great Hall.

Cassie furrowed her eyebrows when she realised that Nova hadn't been hanging out around him anytime she'd seen him.

Come to think of it, Cassie hadn't seen Nova for a few weeks.

That thought was pushed from Cassie mind when Rosier moved one of his hands and gestured at the image on the paper.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" He asked the smallest hint of a smirk making its way onto his face.

Cassie blinked up at him.

"It's about as beautiful as you." She replied, giving him a fake smile before turning back around.

"And seeing as you look like a pile of steaming shit, I think you can work that one out. Bye, bye now."

But Rosier wasn't done talking.

"You see, Cassiopeia," The way he said her name made Cassie freeze, they was something so sinister in it.

"One day, you'll realise that you keep making the wrong decisions. One day, you'll realise that you're on the wrong side."

Cassie ignored him, but Rosier decided to keep talking.

"One day, you'll realise that you're blood-traitor and mudblood friends are-"

Before anyone had time to register what was happening, Cassie had stood up and punched Rosier across the face.

The whole hall went silent as the sound of her fist colliding with his skin echoed around the room.

Cassie let out a small laugh in disbelief as she looked down at her already red knuckles and then back up at Rosier, who was smearing the blood that was coming out this mouth over his cheek with the sleeve of his robes.

The other students in the Hall all began to whisper amongst themselves, some of them letting out small laughs at Rosier and others staring at Cassie as if she'd just attacked the Minister for Magic.

"One day, you'll realise that we all bleed the same colour and the pure-ness of it doesn't matter." Cassie said just as she saw McGonagall walking up to where her and Rosier were standing.

"But until then, stay being a pompous prick."

Cassie gave Rosier one last sharp look before she quickly turned to leave the Great Hall, waking quickly to make sure Professor McGonagall didn't catch up with her.

Cassie shook her head as she saw James walk into the Hall, followed by the other three Marauders.

He grinned when he saw her, but his smiled became one of confusion when he saw McGonagall walking towards Cassie, Rosier following behind her.

He opened his mouth to speak but closed it when Cassie shook her head as she continued walking, she said as she passed him:

"Can't talk, punched Rosier and I don't want to face Minnies wrath."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"Four months."

"What is he talking about. . ?" Cassie asked from her seat next to Marlene as James hurried down the stairs from the boys dorm and into the common room, an annoyed look on his face.

The other three Marauders followed quickly behind him, each of them all wearing amused looks on their faces, but at the same time they were all trying to look innocent.

Cassie doubted any of them knew what the word innocent meant at that point.

Crookshanks purred on Cassie's lap, and he let out a small hiss when she stopped stroking him to glance over at the boys. She was quick to stroke the ginger cat again.

"Nothing, just ignore him." Sirius quickly commented as he, Peter and Remus all froze just a few feet behind James when he turned around to face them.

"Four-fucking-months." He hissed, but amusement flashed through his eyes so the others could all tell that he wasn't actually annoyed.

"Cass, go get your boyfriend some strawberries. He's on his man-period."

Marlene and Cassie shared a look and they quickly looked away from each other to hide their laughter.

"That's how long you stood by and watched me water a plastic-plant!" James exclaimed, waving his finger in the air in front of the other three Marauders.

They all tried to suppress their laughter, and they did, for a second before they all burst out into loud laughs.

"You have a plastic plant?" Cassie asked through her own laughs, and James sharply turned to look at her, a look of mock seriousness on his face.

"Had. Past tense." James said while he crossed his arms over his chest and glared at the other three Marauders for a moment, then he turned back to Cassie.

"I threw it out the window when I realised it was plastic."

"Of course you did. I liked that plastic plant, it was pretty."

James raised his eyebrows as he took a few steps towards Cassie, he leant over her with a small smirk on his face.

"You knew it was plastic?"

"Urm, no. . ?"

James threw his hands up in exasperation, letting out a sigh and muttering something under his breath as he turned his head slightly to look at Crookshanks.

"Your mother is a lair, a filthy liar."

Crookshanks let out a small meow, but otherwise, he didn't pay any more attention to James.

"If I'm his mum, you're his father."

James blinked at Cassie who was now holding Crookshanks under the armpit as she held him up to James - his tail kept tickling her nose slightly.

"Told you you'd need that condom." Sirius called from behind them, and James stuck his middle finger up in that direction.

He then went to pet Crookshanks, but the ginger cat only hissed as he brought his hand closer to him.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

HIII

HOW ARE YOU
ALL TODAY?

I HOPE YOU'RE GOOOD
(:

MY DAD SENT ME A BABY
PHOTO OF MYSELF BEOFRE,
AND I WAS A CUTE BABY - WHAT
HAPPENED?

ANYWAYS

CASSIE IS A QUEEN

(:

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED
THIS CHAPTER, IF YOU DID,
FEEL FREE TO TELL ME WHAT
YOU THOUGHT AND WHAT
YOU WANT TO SEE NEXT
(the next 12 chapters are planned out
lmao-)

until next time!!
- Emily x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 2.8K 50
Lily Evans declared that she would never love or even like James Potter, the arrogant, Quidditch playing bully. When she finds out, to her dismay, th...
20.8K 1K 41
"There is this thing about you that amazes me every time I look at you, but I just can't quite comprehend." "Maybe it is beyond your understanding." ...
718K 21.8K 50
πš‚πš˜ πš–πšžπšŒπš‘ πšπš˜πš› πšœπšžπš–πš–πšŽπš› πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πšœπšŠπš’πš’πš—πš "𝚞𝚜" 'π™²πšŠπšžπšœπšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πšŽπš›πšŽπš—'𝚝 πš–πš’πš—πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš•πš˜πšœπšŽ qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜†γ€€γ€€ qο½₯:...
1K 34 11
Cassiopiea Black, twin of Sirius has always had a hard time at home with everything going on but that all changed when she finally got accepted into...