bruises - james potter

By nevillescourage

Cassiopeia Black grew up with more on her plate than the usual teen girl. She didn't get to wear pink dresses... More

b r u i s e s
a e s t h e t i c s
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty
forty-one
forty-two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
𝗳𝗼rty-four
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
act two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
act three
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen

ninety-nine

12.9K 701 1.4K
By nevillescourage

・・・☽✥☾・・・

CHAPTER NINETY-NINE

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"I'M OFFICIALLY DONE. JESUS CAN TAKE my soul - in fact, I offer it to him."

"What?" Lily asked with a raised eyebrow as she looked up from her Transfiguration homework.

Lily, Marlene and Cassie were sitting in the library trying to get their homework done before the weekend began - it was meant to be a really nice weekend and they wanted to spend it outside.

Marlene was an hour late to meet them and Cassie was almost certain that she was getting some.

Alice was somewhere with Frank and they were celebrating their third Anniversary. Cassie didn't think she'd ever seen someone look as cute in a summer dress as Alice had.

Both Lily and Marlene were doing their Transfiguration, which surprisingly, Cassie had already finished, and so the Slytherin was going over her Muggle studies question (Why do Muggles use electricity in their houses and why?) and adding points to her answer.

The sun was still heating up the Castle and its grounds despite the fact that it was slowly begging to set, casting an orange tint on the blue sky.

It was a complete contrast to the weather from a couple of days before, there wasn't a cloud insight and apart from the chatter of students then the whole world was still as could be.

"I mean, it's pretty fucked up so he may not want it. But it's on the table for grabs and I won't even make him pay." Cassie continued, resting her head in the palm of her right hand as her left continued to write.

"That's so generous of you Cassie!" Marlene exclaimed with fake enthusiasm leading to Madam Pince sending them a sharp look.

"I know. I'm a good samaritan like that." Cassie spoke again with her voice considerably quieter.

Marlene let out a half-hearted chuckle with a shake of her head and Lily sent a worried glance in Cassie's direction.

Both of them knew what was wrong.

Cassie and James were still to make up, despite their argument having been a few days ago.

James hadn't even sent a word in her direction and Cassie was hardly going to make the first move when she hadn't even done anything wrong.

All three of the girls had been fuming when Cassie had walked into their dorm with tears brimming in her eyes and her bottom lip quivering drastically.

They had been even angrier when Cassie burst into tears as she told them what had happened only moments before and how she was so confused on what she had done wrong.

They pushed their immediate anger to the side as they reassured her that she had done absolutely nothing wrong and that it was James entirely in the wrong.

Alice and Lily had to hold off Marlene when she saw James the next day.

It was obvious that Cassie was trying to act as if she wasn't affected by James not speaking to her, but it was clear as day to them that she was.

And as much as Cassie would've liked to deny it, she knew it was true too.

She hadn't gone less than a few hours without speaking to James since they had started dating, the only times she hadn't spoken to
him was when she was at Grimmauld place and that was only because she physically can't.

Cassie really wanted to do nothing more than run up to James and give him a hug, but she wasn't going to.

Cassie knew how stressed James had been since the whole thing with Sirius - he'd been in edge all that week, however, that still gave him no right to talk to her like that and get annoyed for no reason.

She knew she would forgive him the second he said sorry because she knew he would do the same, especially if she had something else going on.

But until those words left his lips she wasn't going to forgive him.

"You've still not spoken to him?" Lily asked, placing her quill down and resting her hands on the table in front of her.

Cassie shook her head with a small frown making its way onto her lips.

"Nope."

Marlene and Lily shakers a quick look when Cassie looked down to place the lid on her pot of ink seeing as she had finished her homework.

"Do you think you're going to break up- up with him?" Lily asked hesitantly after a few seconds of silence had passed between the three.

Marlene's eyes widened in surprise due to both what Lily said and the look on Cassie's face when her head quickly turned to face Lily.

She was thinking what Lily asked, all three of them had been thinking it since Cassie came to them, but the fact that Lily had actually asked it made Marlene shocked.

"She better." Marlene said, with a hint of humour in her tone. "I need her all to myself and I can't do that with Potter in the picture."

Cassie smiled and let out a soft chuckle as she moved one of her hands to grab Marlene's, she gave it a squeeze.

"You know you're the only one for me Marls," She winked and Marlene pretended to blush as Lily looked between the two of them with slightly raised eyebrows.

Cassie then turned to Lily and let go of Marlene's hand, the smile dropped from her face but she didn't frown.

"No. I'm not going to break up with James."

Lily and Marlene both furrowed her eyebrows.

"But why?"

Cassie let out a small sigh as she ran her hands through her hair and left it pushed back at the back of her head.

"Just because we had a fight doesn't mean I love him any less than I did before it - and I know he wasn't nice to me,"

Cassie added when she saw Lily open her mouth to speak again.

"but I also understand why and while that doesn't completely excuse what he did, I know how he feels. Couples fight all the time but it doesn't mean that they love their partner any less. I still love him."

Lily and Marlene both nodded.

"Does that make sense. . ?" Cassie questioned with a small laugh.

Lily and Marlene both nodded.

"So you love the douchebag we call James Potter?"

"Yes, very much so."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"It seems like all our friend group is fucking up when it comes to their relationships at the moment."

". . . you and Sirius, that's half."

"You know maths, big deal."

Remus blinked up at James from where he was sitting on Sirius, who was laying on his stomach as he kicked his legs around like a toddler having a tantrum.

"Get off me."

"No."

"Please, I'll be good?"

Sirius tried his best to turn his head so that he was giving Remus puppy-dog-eyes but he couldn't move it far enough around without snapping his neck.

James shook his head vigorously and held up his hands when Remus looked as if he was debating it.

Peter let out a small giggle and he watched the situation from his bed while he ate some chocolate that Remus gave him.

"Please Remmy?" Sirius asked, trying to get his voice to have the same effect as his eyes by making his pitch higher.

It had the opposite effect on Remus and only made him let out a loud laugh and shake his head.

"You let him up and he'll kill me-"

"Right you are James."

James waved his hands around in the air as if to say 'See!' but Remus only sent James a sharp look that made him freeze quickly and his arms snap to his sides.

It wasn't hard to see that Sirius had found out about what happened between James and Cassie and he had only found out when Marlene spoke to him about it thinking that he already knew.

Needless to say, he hadn't known.

Remus was not sitting on Sirius for James' protection after Sirius had launched at him the second he walked into their dorm-room that night, despite the fact that both James and Remus were topless as they were getting into their pyjamas.

That was only half-an-hour ago.

Sirius was still annoyed at James and James was still scared Sirius was going to skin him alive.

"Remus, I swear to Merlin, let me up right this second so I can-"

"Don't let him up."

"Shut your mouth right this second Potter."

James quickly shut his mouth and inched away from Sirius and Remus, closer to his bed where his wand way laying.

Just in case.

"He made her cry Remmy! He needs the sense slapped into him."

James frowned and crossed his arms across his chest.

"I had it slapped into me when she left the dorm, Sirius." He stated, but Sirius' didn't look interested by what he was saying and it didn't make him any less angry.

"You need it slapped into you more." Sirius wiggled under Remus and tried to get the taller boy to fall over - he didn't.

Sirius let out a frustrated sigh and stopped moving, laying flat on the floor with his chin up so that he could continue to talk to James without his voice being muffled by the carpet.

"You still haven't apologised-"

Sirius was cut off by the dorm door opening again, Regulus walked in and stopped in the doorway as he looked over the four Marauders.

He let out a small snort and raised his hand to his mouth.

"Did I walk in on some form of sex cult or something?" He inquired, his voice slightly muddled by his hand.

Peter let out another snort of laugher as he unwrapped another piece of chocolate and put it in his mouth.

The other three didn't look impressed.

"What's up Reg?" Sirius asked with a slightly bored tone from his place on the ground.

"I need to speak with Potter and one of the seventh years said I could come up."

Sirius nodded - well, he tried to but he was sure that he'd just given himself carpet burn.

"Remmy, my darling, let me up now please - I'm not calling you fat, but my ribs hurt."

Remus shook his head with a roll of his eyes, but he got up from Sirius nonetheless and grabbed his boyfriends hand to pull him up too.

Sirius sent a sharp look to James as he, Remus and Peter all left the common room. They just heard Peter thank Remus one more time for the chocolate as the door shut behind them.

"Regulus-"

"Potter, you're going to shut up and I'm going to talk, okay?"

James gave a single, timid nod and he moved so that he was sitting on the edge of his bed with his hands folded in his lap.

Regulus stayed standing, his arms were crossed across his Slytherin jumper and he was standing with his back straight so he looked taller.

His eyebrows were furrowed and there was a serious look on his face - it was clear to see who he was going to talk about.

James' frown deepened.

"You were out of line. You were so much out of line that you couldn't see the fucking thing. Cassie constantly puts others before herself without thinking of the consequences that there may be - if you killed someone she'd help you hide that body quicker than you could think, because that's just what she does. She's a giver.

"Cassie has looked after me and Sirius for as long as I can remember and I know that Sirius should say the same thing. She'd protect us, even if it meant that she was the one facing all the pain - you should know that more than anyone because she opens up to you more than she does us. I don't think I've really seen Cassie put herself first for something large for a while."

James looked down at his hands in shame as Regulus continued to speak - his tone wasn't harsh but each word slapped James in the face.

"And when she tells you she wants to stay at her friends house, you have a fucking hissy for. Cassie is her own person and you shouldn't freak out the second she tells you that she wants to move in with someone else - it's hardly like she's just announced she's cheating on you. You need to grow up, find her and apologise."

James gave another single nod before he quickly stood up from his bed and ran his hands through his hair.

He walked out of the dorm room door with Regulus watching him with a raised eyebrow, before he walked straight back into the dorm with a sheepish grin and grabbed a shirt.

"Forgot this."

"I don't think Cass would've minded."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

HIIII

HOW IS EVERYONE TODAY?

I HOPE THAT YOU'RE ALL GOOD

DNDKEKFKAKFJAKF

THANK YOU ALL SFM
FOR 4 MILLION READS ON
BRUISES - IT HONESTLY
MEANS SFM TO ME

I STARTED THIS AS A SMALL
THING AND DIDNT THINK ANYONE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN IT BUT
HERE WE AREEE

IT HONESTLY MEANS SO MUCH
THAT SO MANY PEOPLE
ENJOY THE STORY AND ARE ARE
JUST AS INTERESTED IN IT AS
I AM

I LOVE EACH AND EVERYONE
OF YOUU <333

ANYWAYS

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED
THIS CHAPTER, IF YOU DID
FEEL FREE TO TELL ME WHAT
YOU THOUGHT AND WHAY YOU
WANT TO SEE NEXT (:

lots of love
- Emily xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53K 1.3K 64
For as long as Remus can remember he's had a hard life. Constant monthly mutilations of his skin, a absent father, and the trepidation of his blush i...
85.6K 2K 65
It's impossible for Remus Lupin to fall in love right? Wrong. So what happens when he falls in love with a beautiful girl exactly like him? They even...
372K 10.3K 21
"Whatcha arguing about there, girls?" "Your dear sister here has a little crush." "I don't." "Your Gryffindor supporting cheeks tell me otherwise."...
125K 5.4K 62
Cassiopeia Black had never been one to follow her families beliefs, and the war was no different. Whilst her family were known supporters of Voldemo...