The Shy Girl Has a Gun

By makeandoffer

Faith Mitchell was never confident. She was happy to blend into the background, much to the protest of her fr... More

The Shy Girl has a Gun...Chapter 2
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 3
The Shy Girl has a Gun...Chapter 4
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 5
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 6
The Shy Girl Has A Gun...Chapter 7
The Shy Girl Has A Gun...Chapter 8
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 9
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 10
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 11
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 12
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 13
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 14
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 15
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 16
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 17
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 18
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 19
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 20
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 21
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 22
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 23
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 24
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 25
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 26
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 27
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 28
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 29
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 30
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 31
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 32
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 33
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 34
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 35
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 36
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 37
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 38
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 39
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 40
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 41
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 42
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 43
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 44
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 45
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 46
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 47
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 48 (THE END)
The Shy Girl Has a Gun...EPILOGUE

4M 59.3K 61.4K
By makeandoffer

 Trailer at the side curtesy of dayna_emily! Thank you so much!

--

It’s amazing how much your life can change so suddenly.

Take my life for example, when I was 16 years old I was in high school worrying about mindless things that teenage girls think is crucial in their lives like the amount of spots that I had, gaining too much weight, did that boy like me or was he just using me for one thing etc.

Now I am 19, and the only thing I worry about is if I will live to see tomorrow.

This change happened on a day that I thought was going to be exactly the same as any other. I was 16 years old. The day went by like usual. Getting through school whilst trying to stay awake throughout my many excruciating boring lessons, not drawing too much attention to myself and hanging out with my best friends Holly and Chelsea.

My friends and probably anyone else you asked would describe me as a happy-go-lucky girl. The majority of the time I was laughing or smiling.

Life’s too short. Take things as a joke, laugh at them and don’t think twice.

I had been best friends with Holly and Chelsea since we were kids. They were more like my sisters than my friends. They were both exactly the same when it came to personality, as they were both girly girls. However, they were not your stereotypical whores with too much foundation. Holly did play the field a little, but that was only because she enjoyed sex. That was her excuse anyway. Chelsea had a long term boyfriend called Dylan, and I could tell they were very much in love.

Dylan also had a best friend who hung out with us most of the time called Jace Dixon.

Now, he was about as complicated as my life got at the time. We had a thing a few months back, but due to the fact he was a complete arrogant obnoxious asshole it didn’t work out because I found out he had cheated on me with his current girlfriend and whore, Gina.

I was heartbroken. I felt things for Jace I had never felt before in my life, he was one of the only people I felt comfortable being myself with and not have to worry about being judged. I could be as loud as I wanted and not feel like I had to blend into the background. He made me laugh like no one else could, and could send my heart racing by just looking at me.

Unfortunately, he couldn’t keep his player dick in his pants so everything messed up. We split up and we were at each other’s throats 24/7.

A few weeks after we split up, we came to the understanding that we had to try and put up with each other because we had the same group of friends so we bit our tongues and swallowed our pride, and attempted to get along. After a lot of practice, I could actually stand to be in the same room as him. We managed to go back to how it was before, laughing and joking with each other, being able to tell each other things that we did not feel comfortable telling anyone else.

Basically, we were friends again.

The only problem was the inescapable sexual tension between us.

We tried to avoid it, but it was hard when he would accidently brush his leg against mine, or we were alone somewhere and my body was basically screaming out for him to touch me. One night after a few too many drinks at Dylan’s house, we hooked up. I didn’t feel guilty because he was with Gina, at the end of the day she fucked me over by sleeping with him when I was dating him and showed no remorse, so why should I?

We carried on hooking up after that behind her back. The only people that knew about it were Dylan, Chelsea and Holly, and I knew it wouldn’t come out of any of their mouths. Mine and Jace’s relationship was weird, we’d hook up and the next day we would go back to being friends, it wasn’t awkward between us.

But even though we agreed it was no strings attached, I knew I was falling for him again.

So, now that I’ve given you a little bit of insight of my life and the most complicated problem I had to worry about at the time, I can tell you fully about the day that my straightforward life changed completely.

It was a Friday; I can still remember that to this day.

I rolled out of bed looking like the corpse bride and grudgingly began wondering about the room, showering and getting dressed. I flung on a pair of black leggings; a blue vest top that showed just enough cleavage that I knew would drive Jace crazy when he saw it. My dull brown hair was always straight, and today was no different.

Every day I looked in the mirror, and unlike most girls who do think highly of themselves, I never did. Like I said, my hair was dull and brown like my eyes, my skin was not albino pale but it was in no way tanned. My figure was okay but I could do with losing a few pounds even I admit. I wasn’t fat, but I was not what you would consider thin. My mum still says its puppy fat. I didn’t really care though, I had friends and I had a guy who was willing to cheat on his girlfriend to sleep with me, so I couldn’t be that repulsive.

I applied some make up, which only included foundation and a bit of mascara. Like my hair, I never overdid it. In a way I didn’t want to draw unwanted attention to myself. On my way out of my room, I grabbed Jace’s hoodie that he had left here a few days back and flung it on. It was warm outside but not warm enough to go out without a jacket.

I peeked in my mum and dad’s room, and saw they were still asleep. I could hear my dad’s snores from down the hall when I was in my room. I let them sleep as it was one of the only days off they both had together, and just made my way downstairs leaving for school.

To this day, I regret not waking them up and leaving without saying any final words to them.

That was the last time I would see my parents.

The walk to school took me 15 minutes, and as soon as I arrived I spotted Chelsea, Holly and Dylan sat on the wall outside of school. Holly was texting on her phone; probably to some guy she would meet at the weekend, hook up with and then throw away because he got too clingy. She was like the female version of a player. With her slim figure, long flowing brown hair and confident stride, she could pull it off.

Chelsea was sat on the wall while Dylan was in front of her, whispering something in her ear that made her laugh like a fool. Chelsea was tall and her dark blonde hair reached her waist. She had the type of figure and smile that most female models would literally gut a chicken for. Dylan was perfect for her, with his short brown hair, muscled arms and chest and the slight bit of stubble he kept on his face to, and I quote, ‘make him look dangerous’.

All my friends were loud, outspoken and made themselves known around the school. I sometimes wondered how they were my friends because I was completely different. I blended in to the background; there was nothing about me that stood out.

“Faith!” Chelsea yelled out, pushing Dylan away from her and jumping off the wall. She ran over to me and engulfed me in her arms. She pulled away, and narrowed her eyes at me “How many times do I have to tell you to wear those cute little short shorts that I picked out for you?!”

I grimaced, remembering the shopping trip with her and Holly that led to her picking out a bunch of clothes for me that still had labels on them and were stuffed deep at the back of my wardrobe. There was no way I would go out in public wearing those clothes with people looking at me.

“Chelsea, you may have the body of a lingerie model, but I have the body of a plus size clothing line model.” I pointed out, and she punched me in the arm.

“How many times do I have to tell you, you’re not fat!” she scorned.

“You don’t have to tell me because I know your lying.” I smiled at her. We had this conversation way too often. I was not comfortable with my body at all, and she always had a go at me for putting myself down.

She scowled at my stubbornness, and we walked over to Holly and Dylan. I jumped up and sat on the wall next to Holly, while Chelsea walked up to Dylan and he wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

“So Faith, when did you start shopping in the men’s section of Hollister?” Dylan asks, smiling slightly. I look at him confused until I realise he is referring to the hoodie I’m wearing.

“It was cold okay, don’t judge me.” I tell him.

“Is that really the reason, or do you just want to bask in Jace’s scent?” Dylan mocks, and Holly bursts out laughing.

“She doesn’t need a hoodie to bask in his scent, the mistress vixen!” Holly comments over dramatically through her laughter. I blush slightly and nudge her, almost knocking her off the wall.

 They all know about me and Jace’s sordid little hook ups, and none of them ever judge me for it. Apart from a few mocking remarks off them, they never once looked at me like I’m a tramp. Holly and Chelsea know exactly how I feel about Jace, and the fact that my feelings for him are starting to come back. They do keep telling me that what I’m doing isn’t really healthy because I just keep getting my hopes up that we will get back together.

“Anyway girls, gathering at my house tonight is still on as the parentals are away for the weekend. Make sure you bring your finest most revealing clothes.” Dylan tells us, giving Chelsea a wink.

Chelsea scoffs “In Faith’s case, she will probably turn up in sweats and another one of Jace’s hoodies.”

I flip her off while the others laugh. I suddenly noticed another male figure walking over, and punch Dylan’s shoulder playfully.

Talk of the devil and he really shall appear.

 Jace strolled over, his walk showing his confidence. His brown hair was shaved short, but still long enough to give him the ‘got out of bed’ look that he pulled off so well. His blue eyes stuck out making you want to stare at them all day and his face was the sculpture of masculinity. His chest and shoulder were broad, and even outside of his clothes you couldn’t help but wonder exactly just how muscled his stomach really was underneath that shirt. He was taller than me, which is something I liked.

“If we have to bring our most revealing clothes, does that mean I can finally model my new mankini?” Jace asks Dylan hopefully, fighting the smile that is trying to find its way on his lips.

“No. I don’t want any ball sack hanging lose tonight.” Dylan replied, scrunching his face in disgust at the thought. Jace laughs, and then turns his head spotting me. A slight smirk appears on his lips as he looks at what I’m wearing.

“So, Faithless do you admire me so much you want to dress like me or....?” he said, full on smirking now.

“If I wanted to be like you Jace, I would draw a penis on my forehead to show how much of a dickhead I would be.” I reply, giving him a fake smile.

Everyone laughs, then the bell rings indicating first lesson.

“Off to lessons kids, education is everything after all!” Jace yells with fake excitement, and begins to walk off. Before he goes, he turns to me with an amused smile on his lips. “You know, that hoodie really will look better on Dylan’s bedroom floor tonight.”

I feel my cheeks go red as I shake my head in disbelief at his comment. Jace walks away, smirking at the fact I am blushing like an idiot because off him, and I feel a slight pang in my chest as I see him walk straight up to Gina and wrap an arm around her waist, placing a kiss on her lips.

Holly flings an arm over my shoulder in comfort, obviously realising what I was looking at.

“You are so much better than her, if only Jace wasn’t an idiot and realised that.” She reassured me, and I gave her a weak smile.

I didn’t believe her of course, I mean Gina was beautiful. She had a body that most models would die for, her skin was tanned and her blonde hair flowed down to her waist shining in the light. She was popular and every single male in the school would kill for a night with her. Hell, they would kill for an hour with her. Sometimes I was amazed as to why Jace would ever risk losing her just to hook up with me. But due to the fact that I seemed to be in love with the boy, I didn’t question it too much. I was just happy that he did want to be with me, even if it wasn’t in a way that I had hoped.

**

I can safely say this party SUCKED!

Well, it sucked for me, but in everyone else’s eyes the party was a complete hit. The music was loud, the alcohol was flowing and there were plenty males and females for everyone to pair up, hook up and be happy. That is until the alcohol wears off and they see who they wake up next to. People were dancing in the middle of Dylan’s living room, laughing and having a pretty cracking time.

So why did this party suck for me you wonder?

Because all night I have had to witness the man I wanted being grinded up against his girlfriend.

Seriously it was ridiculous. Normally I would see them together in small doses, but tonight it seemed like that whatever room I would escape to, they would shortly be in there holding hands, kissing and smiling at each other in a way that made me want to vomit all over the walls.

Chelsea and Dylan were mildly drunk, but still sober enough to keep everyone in check and make sure that Dylan’s house is not completely destroyed or set alight by the dozens of drunken teenagers stumbling around. Holly was on the sofa, drunk out of her skull giggling as this guy whispered things in her ears that were obviously very dirty.

I had been here for about 3 hours now, and realising that the night was not going to get any better, decided to make my move and escape before I caught another glimpse of the ‘happy couple’ sucking faces.

I slipped out through the front door, wrapping the hoodie I had on a little tighter around my waist from the chilly night air. It was pretty dark right now, and I suddenly dreaded the 20 minute walk home I had in front of me. I sighed, realising I was going to have to face it one way or another, and began walking.

I barely made it 5 steps when I felt someone put their hand over my mouth muffling my screams, and pick me up by the waist, dragging me to the side of the house which was enclosed in bushes and trees.

Oh god, I’m going to die...

I had my eyes firmly closed from fear as I was placed back on the ground, and pushed up against what I’m assuming is the side of the house.

“Where do you think you’re going Faith?” Jace asks me, and my eyes shoot open to see him in front of me with a very amused smile on his face.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing, I thought you were a murderer!” I yelled at him, my heart beginning to calm down from the frantic beating it was doing a minute ago when I thought I was being abducted.

“You know, you’re kinda hot when you’re scared.” He comments, and steps forward so his hands are either side of my head, and he is literally inches away from me. I find my heart starts to beat frantically again, but not from fear this time. He brings his face forward and kisses my neck sexually; causing me to close my eyes from the pleasure that one tiny kiss gave me.

“I was going home Jace” I breathe, while he continues to kiss my neck. “This party sort of reached its peak for me.”

“Were you not having a good time?” He asks, his voice muffled as his lips are still on my skin. I feel him nibble my neck slightly, and I let out a moan.

“I am now...” I mumble, closing my eyes and tangling my hands through his hair. I feel him smirk against my neck. “Where’s Gina the teenage bitch?”

He chuckles slightly and brings his head up, looking at me in the eyes. “She’s in there somewhere. I gave her the slip once I saw you head out the door, I feel like I haven’t seen you all night.”

I scoff “That’s because you haven’t. You’ve been too busy swapping spit with her.”

He smirks at my clear jealousy. “Well, I’m here now. How about we make up for lost time?”

I bite my bottom lip, not being able to help the smile that is creeping up. He is clearly happy with my reaction, because before I know it, he was once against cheating on his girlfriend with me up against the side of his best friend’s house.

***

“Well, I can safely say the party ended with a bang.” I comment, while pulling my legging back up.

Jace laughs and puts the shirt back over his head. “I’m glad I could salvage your night.”

Once we were both fully dressed again, I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his waist, planting my lips onto his. He immediately responds and cups my cheek, deepening the kiss. His lips moved against mine, and as I nibbled his bottom lip slightly, I heard him let out a moan at the back of his throat. His hand trails from my cheek down to my waist, and pulls me closer to him.

He pulls away suddenly, and his expression is a little stiffer than it was before. I fur my brows at him in confusion as to why he stopped.

“I should get back inside.” He tells me “Gina is probably looking for me...”

My stomach knots painfully at this, and it once again felt like I had been used. This was always the thing with me and Jace, we would have a great time together but he would always have to leave and go back to her.

I pull away from him and untangle my arms from his waist, immediately feeling a little emptier than I did before. He frowns as I pull away from him, then looks at me apologetically obviously realising that he had upset me.

“Best go, don’t want her getting worried.” I say bitterly, and turn to walk away.

He grabs my wrist and spins me back around to face him.

“Faith don’t be like that, you know she’s my girlf-“

“Don’t even use the girlfriend excuse, because if you cared that much you wouldn’t just have had sex with me up against this house!” I almost yell at him. As I say these words out loud, I feel tears began to sting my eyes.

“Please don’t be mad at me.” he almost pleads, placing one of his hands on my cheeks and staring at me with his gorgeous blue eyes that almost make me cave in.

“Stay.” I blurt out. He looks a bit taken back by my bluntness. Hell, I was a little taken back by my bluntness. But I wasn’t going to go back now. “Don’t go back to her, stay here...with me.”

He remains silent for a while, looking like he is thinking something over. His expression looks strained. I feel his thumb trace my cheekbones as he gazes at my pleading face. After what seemed like an eternity, he finally spoke.

“I can’t.” He whispers, and I felt like I had just been punched in the stomach.

I can feel the stinging in my eyes from the tears that I knew were coming any second, and the lump that had arisen at the back of my throat. I slowly nod my head, and pull away from his touch. He is still gazing into my eyes, his expression once again pleading for me not to be angry like he wants me to understand.

I understood completely. I understood that he had just rejected me. I wasn’t a confident girl, and Jace shooting me down definitely did not help the self esteem issues.

“Bye Jace.” I whisper, and without another glance I turn my heel and walk away.

“FAITH!” he calls out to me, but I carry on walking, wrapping the stupid hoodie that belonged to him tighter around me and letting the tears fall freely from my eyes.

The first half of my walk home I almost sprinted, wanting to get as far away from him as I could. The boy who I cared for more than anything in the world right now would rather be with a vain whore than me, and realising that the only reason he paid any attention to me at all was because he really did only want one thing.

That was something to sure as hell ruin your night.

I was too busy wallowing in my own self pity that I had only just noticed the black van pulling up next to the pavement that I was walking on. I quickened the pace of my steps, realising that a creepy black van in the middle of the night parking next to you while there are no houses or any other form of life to hear your screams is not exactly the best thing to happen.

I heard the van door slide open, and someone jump out. I didn’t turn around to see who as I walked faster, my heart beginning to pound from fear.

“Faith Mitchell?” a man’s voice called out and I froze. I slowly turned to see the person who had just jumped out of the van, and the female hormones in me screamed out in approval. The boy was around 18, he had brown hair that was short at the sides, but long enough to spike up slightly at the top. His face was muscular, and his skin was tanned. He was wearing black long sleeved top which was tight enough to show some very well built muscles. Overall, he was hot.

The smirk he had on his face however made every one of my instincts scream at me to run.

“H-How do you know my name?” I stuttered.

Run you fucking idiot, don’t make small talk!

“I know a lot about you.” He told me

“Who are you?”

He cocked his head to the side slightly, and his eyes scanned me over in curiosity.

“My names Chris.” He said, his smirk growing wider on his face “And you princess, have just been recruited.”

===

A/N: Theres the first chapter guys, I just want to know what you guys think of the begining of this story before i write anymore chapters on it. At the end of the day I'm writing it for you to read and enjoy, so please please let me know you thoughts of it so far and any ideas you have for it!

I'm going to see the response this story gets before i update again, so please let me know what you think!

Thank you so much for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

620 67 23
Let me introduce you to Amanda Blade, just your average not-so -friendly corporate assassin. She's loyal, free-lance and a whole lotta bad ass. Isol...
33.5K 1.2K 33
~Completed~ Seventeen year old Jace Porter is the best secret agent of his generation. He has completed more missions than the other agents around hi...
648 158 22
Carry on living without parents is already hard for them. Angeline and Sarah have been living under a happy masks seeing the other's happiness. Mostl...
10.3M 411K 54
Ranked #01 for Teen Fiction X4 *A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY!* WHS Story of the Month Winner: Teen Fiction The Fiction Awards Winner 2017; Best Overall S...