bruises - james potter

By nevillescourage

Cassiopeia Black grew up with more on her plate than the usual teen girl. She didn't get to wear pink dresses... More

b r u i s e s
a e s t h e t i c s
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty
forty-one
forty-two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
𝗳𝗼rty-four
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
act two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
act three
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen

eighty-nine

21.5K 1K 1.4K
By nevillescourage

( chapter eighty-nine )

"NO."

"No wasn't an answer."

"Well now it is."

"It wasn't a 'yes or no' question- it wasn't even a question."

"Well now it fucking is."

James blinked as he stared at Cassie, who was laying upside-down on his bed, her head hanging off the side and her hair pooling around her face.

Her lips were pouted as she looked up at James, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Cass, love."

"James, Bambi."

James slowly shook his head, moving so that he was sitting down on the bed besides Cassie.

It didn't take a moment for Cassie to change the way that she was lying so that her head was now rested in James' lap, her head tilted slightly as she looked up into his eyes.

He couldn't help but smile as his eyes met hers.

"You heard Madam Pomfrey, love. . ."

"I know I did," Cassie said, her words sounding slightly exasperated as she spoke. "and the words have been ringing in my ears ever since."

The smile left James' face and was replaced by a frown as she spoke. He leant forwards and pressed a kiss to her nose, letting out the smallest hint of a chuckle as she pulled at a slight face at the way his stubble ticked her face.

"You need to shave, and that is before you get more kisses."

"No."

"That wasn't a question."

"Well now it fucking is."

Cassie stared up at James, an un-amused expression on her face and James was only smiling down at her, his eyes shining.

"Okay, so I'll tell McGonagall you're moving into my dorm and you go get your stuff."

Cassie's facial expression didn't change, James raised an eyebrow, but the smile didn't leave his face.

"You haven't moved. . ."

"I'll tell you what Sherlock Holmes, you are unbelievable." The Slytherin rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help the smallest smile that graced her lips.

"You shave, and I'll think about asking Lily, Marlene and Alice if I can share their dorm-"

James opened his mouth to say something, but Cassie continued talking over the top of him.

"- and if I keep having nightmares then I'll come stay with you."

James nodded vigorously, pressing a kiss to Cassie's lips only to have her push his face away as she wiped around her lips.

"No kisses until you don't feel like a hedgehog."

🥑

"Do you think we could go to the kitchens?" Cassie asked from the spare bed in the girls' dorm.

James had shaved and Cassie had moved into Lily, Marlene and Alice's dorm, seeing as it was only the three of them in there and there was a spare bed.

She had been sharing a dorm with the three girls for a couple of nights, and so far she was yet to have a nightmare that she would consider to be traumatic.

She had had a nightmare that Sirius had sat on her and Cassie thought that was rather traumatic, but that was it.

And she was grateful, she hadn't yet felt as if she had forgotten something again, but she knew that she still didn't feel that good.

Her mind would feel fuzzy at random moments of the day and these would normally lead to spells of her being dizzy which passes as quickly as they came. But Cassie knew that this wasn't really anything to worry about, seeing as it had mentioned it on the paper that Madam Pomfrey had given them.

Overall, she was doing as well as she could be, and she was definitely grateful that she had her friends and James by her side.

"Cass, you dimwit." Came Marlene's reply, her voice was quieter at the end seeing as she was half asleep. "We can't leave out beds past 10."

"That's never stopped me before."

"Well, it's going to stop you now."

"Why?"

"Because I said so, that's why."

"I don't remember you being my mother- wait." Cassie sat up, the other girls in the room only seeing the outline of her body illuminated by the silvers light of the moon that was making its way in through the open window.

"If you're my mother now, will you treat me better than my old mother?"

"Yes."

"Oka- I was going to call you mummy, but that sounds like I have a mother kink or some shit."

There was the sound of laughter scattered around the room.

"Anyways." Cassie said once the laughter had died down.

"Can we go to the kitchens?"

There was a collective 'no' from the other girls, Cassie pouted and crossed her arms, laying back down in her bed.

"If we leave our beds, we'll get told off Cassie." Lily spoke up, lifting her head so that she was looking at Cassie's bed.

"What Lily said." Alice mumbled, her head pressed into her pillow.

"I never said that we had to leave our beds, we have magic for a reason."

🥑

That was the reason that Lily, Marlene, Alice and Cassie were all currently trying to push their mattresses down the stairs, but they were also failing, they were too tall to get down the gap between the stairs and the ceiling, and they didn't want to use magic in case they made too much noise and woke others up.

Cassie gave the mattress another push, but to no avail.

She sat down on the stairs above them with Marlene, crossing her arms across her chest again.

"This is bullshit." Marlene whispered, her voice barely being able to be heard by the other three, but they all nodded - Lily more hesitantly so than the others.

"They must have purposely made it so we couldn't have got our mattress down-"

"But they didn't have a James." Cassie interrupted, a small smirk making its way into her face.

"What-?" But before they could get an answer out of the girl, she had already ran down the stairs and was out of sight.

"Well, that's nice of her. So glad that she likes to confide in us on her plans." Lily said as she rolled her eyes, causing Alice to let out a small laugh.

They heard a crash from a room near where they were all currently sitting, followed by a short yelp, which they were all sure was Sirius'.

It went silent for a few moments, before Cassie appeared at the bottom of stairs again, a smile on her face.

She mouthed something to the three of them and then she nodded, the others shared a look before James came into view. He looked half asleep, his hair was messed up and sticking up in all directions and he had wrapped an arm around Cassie to keep support.

He placed his foot on the bottom step and it quickly became a slide.

The three girls, and the two mattresses, quickly fell to the bottom of the stairs - luckily, the mattresses made for a soft landing.

"Told you the teachers didn't have a James." She smirked, entwining her fingers with his.

🥑

Lily let out a quiet laugh as she pushed on the floor with her feet, each push moving the mattress that she was sitting on slightly further along the floor.

Somehow, Sirius had brought his mattress down the stairs. Cassie wasn't going to ask how, she didn't know if it was because she didn't think of it, or because she just couldn't care less.

She was leaning towards the latter.

There were three mattresses, and two to a mattress, Sirius and Alice were sharing one - Alice was the one pushing on the floor while Sirius lay on his stomach and acted as if he were leading her on a dangerous expedition.

Lily and Marlene were sharing a mattress, Lily was the one pushing against it while Marlene pushed with a finger, her head resting on one of the pillows that the six had brought with them.

And finally, Cassie and James were a pair, James had laid down to begin, telling Cassie to push, then she hit him over the head with a pillow, but she was still pushing against the floor nonetheless while James lay with his head near hers. The two of them talking in hushed whispers but also joining in with other conversations.

The six Sixth years had completely scrapped the idea of going to the kitchens, instead they were racing up and down the halls, seeing who could push their mattress the furthest in the shortest amount of time.

They stopped randomly to look out of the open windows of the castle; looking at the stars above, the odd owl that flew past the moon, blocking its rays for a moment or they paused to look around for a fox after they heard a rustle of leaves or branches.

Cassie followed Lily's laugh as the two of them shook their heads at something Sirius had just said. Alice was surprising her laugh and Marlene was in a world of her own.

"What? It's true."

"No, it's really not."

Sirius sat up, no longer acting as if he was helping Alice.

"It is so."

"It isn't."

"I think you should both shut your mouths right now before I scream."

Sirius opened his mouth as if he were about to scream, but was quickly hit by a pillow that was sent his way by James.

"You've changed man."

"Being a father does that to you son."

Cassie quickly turned to look at James.

"Is this your way of telling me you have a daddy kink? Because if it is, then I may need to change mattress right now."

James let out a laugh as he pulled Cassie down by her waist, holding her tight to him and laughing into her neck.

Cassie let out a small squeal, but was quickly silenced by James putting his hand over
his mouth.

"While these two have sex over here, I'll race you to the portrait of the three trolls dancing Lily." Alice spoke up, putting emphasis on the word sex and looked over at James and Cassie who didn't seem as though they had heard.

Lily nodded, making a move to begin racing, but before she could, James and Cassie quickly rushed past the other two mattresses.

Which wasn't very fast seeing as the floor was very rough and there was a lot of friction between the mattresses and it. But they were still going faster than the others.

"That is cheating!"

"You dirty scumbags!"

Cassie turned to face them, pulling a tongue at them and shaking her head.

"Not cheating, just strategic playing."

The race had begun.

Cassie and James stayed in first, but she t was always a close call of who was going to come in second place.

One moment Alice was pushing her and Sirius along faster than they ever thought she would have been able to, before Sirius moved on the mattress too much which caused her to slow down, the next moment Lily was pulling Marlene's hair and getting her to join in with the pushing, making them overtake Alice and Sirius.

During the race it was obvious that they sixth years had forgotten that they weren't meant to be making so much noise.

They were cheering and shouting at one another, clapping loudly as one team passed another and then kicking their feet loudly against the floor, which echoed around the empty halls.

They were half way to their target of the painting when they ran into Professor McGonagall.

She was staring them down with a look like no other, her eyes were piercing through her students souls, sending shivers down their spines.

Her eyebrows were furrowed and her lips were pursed into such a thin line that Cassie was sure that if she hadn't seen McGonagalls lips before, she would have thought that she didn't have any.

"Oh fuck." Cassie muttered as she stopped pushing against the floor, the others following immediately after.

"Oh deer." Sirius spoke

James let out a small chuckle.

🥑

HIII

TOLD YOU THERE WOULD BE
ANOTHER CHAPTER OUT TODAY ((:

I HAD TWO ONE
DIRECTION REFERENCES IN
THIS CHAPTER AND IF YOU GOT
THEM THEN I LOVE YOU TIL THE
END OF TIME (:

JASSIE OWNS MY HEART
ISTG, I HAVE MISSED
THEM SO DUCKING MUCH

HDKFJKSFJKSKF

I WANTED TO GIVE YOU ALL A
NICE CHAPTER WHICH WAS
CHAOTIC IN A GOOD WAY

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS
CHAPTER, AS USUAL PLEASE
TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT AND
WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE NEXT

lots of love,
- Emily xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.1K 1.3K 64
For as long as Remus can remember he's had a hard life. Constant monthly mutilations of his skin, a absent father, and the trepidation of his blush i...
863K 20.6K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...
636K 17.1K 46
"Order of the Phoenix." When Hogwarts becomes an unsafe place, Cassiopeia Tonks learns that if there's going to be a real war, she'd rather fight kno...
13K 584 21
Remus Lupin's life is miserable. He was bitten by a werewolf at the age of five causing his lycanthropy and as a result ostracisation from both the w...