The Untold Story of Texas and...

By pokemonshadowhunter

"It doesn't matter how far you run, the past will always catch up with you." Texas had long since left the da... More

Poised to Strike
Part 1: It Starts With Recruitment
Lappland and Courier
Meeting Doctor [Y/N]
When the Wolves Meet
A Piece of her Mind
Days of Forgotten Past 1
The Dormitory is Meant for Relaxation
Not Confrontation
The Night Hours
Mission Reprieve
Days of Forgotten Past 2
Just Call Me Crazy
Antics at Breakfast
Dream of You
Sparring Match
Days of Forgotten Past 3
Stupid Spiders
Wake Up Call
Crownslayer Bully Squad
Days of Forgotten Past 4
Raise a Glass
Overlooking Files
The Pain of Loneliness
Days of Forgotten Past 5
Trading Post Meltdown
Days of Forgotten Past 6
Doctor's Decision
Chained Together Wolves
Days of Forgotten Past 7
On the Road Again
Penguin Logistics Headquarters
The Emperor
Late Night, Sleep Tight
Days of Forgotten Past 8
Making Way
A Hug and A Gig
Days of Forgotten Past 9
Back Stage Pass
Performance to Remember
Stage Chaos
Days of Forgotten Past 10
Admissions of Guilt
Days of Forgotten Past 11
From Pain Comes Comfort
Danger on the Horizon
Journey Into the Heart of Trouble
Battle the Frost
Days of Forgotten Past 12
LAPPLAND NO!!!
The Heart of Texas
The Might of Sword Rain
Aftermath
The Way Back
Understanding Reached
Part 2: A Summary
Code of Brawl
A Wolf Walks into an Alley
Days of Remembrance 1
Reunited
Confessions
Days of Remembrance 2
Trips and Kisses
Simping Time
Chaos in Lungmen
Who is Your Enemy?
Strange Warning
Days of Remembrance 3
What are Your Intentions?
What Went Wrong
Days of Remembrance 4
Embrace of a Loved One
Meetings and Then Some
Biting Letters
Keep Calm
Days of Remembrance 5
Out on the Town
Calls, Lanterns and Flirts poorly timed
Days of Remembrance 6
Whispered Promises
Drunken Actions are Sober Thoughts
Days of Remembrance 7
Crying, Contemplation, Carnage
Pressure
Pushing Down on Me
Truth Comes Out
Days of Remembrance 8
Parting Arguments (also T & D)
Travel Across the Land (plus Deleted Scene)
Searching Far and Wide
Days of Remembrance 9
Fog Shrouded Woods
Chilling Reflection
Days of Remembrance 10
Coming Home
Something's Not Quite Right
The Missing
The Mafia Council
Impossible
Shock and Runaway
The Past Bleeds into the Present

Preparations for Disaster?

701 27 21
By pokemonshadowhunter

"Why do we have to get dressed up?"

"Going out to a fancy restaurant requires a bit more decorum than our usual attire allows, so dressing up is a necessity." Texas told the white wolf from her spot on the bed. She had wasted no time in getting ready, whereas Lappland had procrastinated until thirty minutes out over what to wear. Which led them to now, with one of them in the bathroom and the other lounging amidst the many pillows. Any hopes of keeping the bed neatly made were practically vanished after their last few nights together, where Lappland messed them up at any available opportunity. She wished she could be annoyed but . . .

Some things never change.

"But getting dressed up is so ugh! How are we supposed to fight in high heels and dresses?!" Lappland continued to voice her complaints, voice somewhat muffled. Steam filtered out from under the cracks. Water continued to run from the sink. The faint zipping of metal teeth from a zipper as something was put on was heard too. Her gaze drifted to the couch, where that white slip of paper was tucked into her jacket pocket. An answer had to be given eventually. But am I ready? The clacking of heels brought her back to reality.

Texas shrugged. "You should ask that question to the television producers, game producers too." It had always seemed strange that they expected women to fight in such clothing and footwear. Fighting was dangerous enough as it was without the added trouble of fragile heels and dresses riding up to an unwanted degree. "And if the evening goes well then there won't be any fighting."

The door opened, Lappland sticking her head out to frown at her. "You don't sound very optimistic."

Texas shot her a wry grin. "I suppose I'm just being cautious. Even if Reunion doesn't ruin the evening there's always the chance—"

"That Mostima will." Lappland finished for her.

"Yes."

Humming, Lappland ducked back inside. "I wouldn't worry about that. They won't make a scene. Not in a public place. It wouldn't be proper." The last sentence was said in a poor imitation of a posh accent (A/N: I'd say British but I'm not sure what counts as British in this world haha 😅).

"Hah. That it wouldn't." She agreed.

"You know we could always just ditch them all. Have some time to ourselves~"

She didn't miss the suggestiveness there, knew Lappland did it on purpose like she did a great many things. It was only matter of time before they talked about progress again. About when they'd be willing to take the next step. Texas remembered their first time, how it had felt like coming home. There was a certainty to it that refused to be denied just like a great many truths in her lifetime. I miss it but . . .

Her thoughts were shut off by Lappland walking out. In a strapless black dress no less. Texas stared at her girlfriend, taking in the smooth curves and toned arms. It was all too easy to be drawn in by the way the dress hugged those prominent breasts; the pressed bow in the design at the hip was cute without being overstated as it reminded her just how developed the white wolf was. Lappland met her gaze, a sky smirk popping up on her lips, those waiting lips that wanted and would want more. Her heart thudded loudly. Heat was welling up in that particular spot just like all those other times.

Flashback . . .

"Are you sure you're ready?" Lappland asked.

"Yeah. What about you?"

"I want this Texas. You know I do." The certainty in the white wolf's tone was unmistakable.

"Yeah, just thought I'd check. Consent is important." Their murmurs we're soft in the space between them. The ceiling fan spun lazily, breathing its cold chill on their partially revealed skin. No one else was home: the perfect opportunity.

"Of course. Gran wouldn't expect anything less of you."

Her face wrinkled. "Please don't bring her up. It ruins the mood."

Lappland laughed. "Sorry. That's my bad. Now where were we . . . ?"

"Right here."

And Texas leaned in, smirk evident on her features as she captured Lappland's lips with her own as hands roamed skin and pulled clothing off. Heat joined in the tight knit spaces as they made love for the first time.

Flashback end . . .

"See something you like?"

Texas huffed, hoping her face wasn't turning a noticeable pink. Lappland's keen smile suggested she failed. "What I see is someone who's making us late to dinner."

"Ouch. You wound me Texas." Lappland mock cried, but there was no truth to it as she extended her hand to pull Texas up.

She took it readily and was smoothly pulled onto her feet. The small heels she wore did little to affect her balance, nor did the slightly bigger ones Lappland wore. They were a matching pair aside from their different colors: silver and light blue.

"I didn't realize you were so easily hurt." She teased.

"Ah well, a pain like this only has one cure."

"And what would that be?" Texas asked as they began walking towards the door.

"A kiss." Lappland told her seriously.

"Oh really? That's the cure?"

"Yes."

"Fine. But close your eyes."

She watched Lappland close her eyes quickly. Rolling her own, Texas leaned in close. Breath ghosted over those pale lips for a second. Let her anticipate. The hand squeezing her own tightened its hold eagerly. Ah, maybe I'm being cruel but eh. She gave Lappland a kiss on the cheek before pulling away. The reacting pout was immediate.

"That's not what I meant!"

"Too bad."

******

She watched them out of the corner of her eye, trying to appear like she was not paying attention as she scanned through a magazine. Unsurprisingly, there was not much in the range of magazines coming in lately, what with all the chaos going on. The issue in her lap was well over a month old. Sora read through it anyways, though her mind was only half on the enlarged pictures of movie stars and models who had committed another scandal. It was weird for the lobby to be this empty after so many days of LGD company staying over. The police force was out tackling a sector under fire to her knowledge, but there hadn't been more information made known to them.

"I wish we didn't have to stay here."

"Of course."

"What was that?"

Sora leaned back in her reclining chair. Here in the lobby sound traveled decently enough. She thumbed the pages deftly, training her gaze forward. It was hard not to turn around. Mostima and Suffering were by the front desk. Their hushed tones had gradually grown louder as the conversation continued.

"Of course you would say that." Mostima elaborated. "It's not like this is my favorite place to be either."

Then what is she wondered, but did not dare ask. Perhaps her homeland? But judging by her splintered wings and fading halo Laterano did not seem like a likely safe haven for Mostima. Or Suffering for that matter.

"Odd for you to say that. You've got her fawning all over you."

Was that distaste she detected in Suffering's tone? The woman was a regular enigma, impossible to figure out at first glance. If the weird name was not clue enough, her disappearing act should clue someone the rest of the way in. Yet Mostima seemed to get along with her well enough. So who knows?

"What do you mean?"

"Like I need to spell it out for you. That silly angel has always been looking at you like you hung the moon. I'm sure you revel in it," Suffering said.

"I guess."

Sora felt her mouth twitch at the mention of Exusiai. The Sankta was up in her room getting ready still. Hearing these two speak about her this way left a bad taste in the mouth. What does Exusiai see in Mostima anyways? She'd be better off with someone else for sure. Admittedly, there had been a time when she wondered if that someone else was Texas. The signs certainly had been there; the two were so loyal, so trusting. As partners, Texas and Exusiai were an unbeatable pairing. It had been the first time she doubted if Texas would ever like her back. But then she came to understand just where the two fell in terms of relationships and feelings. And her own feelings resumed their strength thereafter. But I guess it built me up for more pain in the end. Because there's Lappland.

Getting over Texas in full would take time.

She was getting there.

"Where is the angel by the way? Weren't we all supposed to be going out?" Suffering asked.

Mostima sighed. "Well, that's the thing . . . it's supposedly going to be a couples only night. Or that's what Lappland implied."

Oh yes, she remembered that too. And she also remembered Texas smacking her girlfriend for her joke and telling everyone they were welcome to come. She knew the gesture was for her more than anything. I am the only single member available. Ugh. It really did suck that Emperor pulled another disappearing act. But if Suffering goes . . .

That could either be perfect or horrible; there was no in between.

"Hmm, well if anything I'm a more suitable partner for you than Exusiai." Suffering chuffed.

"Oh? And how exactly are you?" The slight interest Mostima held had Sora growling internally.

Really? You're entertaining this. JUST WHAT KIND OF—

Why was she getting so worked up? This really was none of her business after all. Exusiai's a friend, I guess I'm just concerned. It was hard not to be when her friend was clearly in such a terrible relationship. Even more surprising was how long it was continuing. After the confrontation at breakfast she expected Texas to forcibly end the toxic pairing. But then this had happened, making her question just what was going to come. And so she kept listening, gritting her teeth to keep from snapping an ill-advised response.

"This is why."

Oh no. She's not.

Sora quickly whipped her head around. Golden hair whipping in her eyes, she just managed to catch the tail end of what the pair was doing. Of Suffering pressing a delicate kiss on Mostima's awaiting lips.

"My my, that is very persuasive." Mostima mused when they parted.

Unable to take it any longer, she practically launched herself back up onto her feet and stalked off to the elevator. The pair paid her no mind as they continued conversing. And only once those elevator doors swung shut to shield her from them did she feel comfortable letting out a cry of rage. For whom it was unclear, but she felt it deep in her soul.

The illusion she wore rippled.

*****

Knock. Knock.

"Coming! Just one moment!"

Exusiai was surprised to see Sora waiting on the other side of the door when she opened it. The blonde was flushed, panting for air with a dazed expression she rarely saw. Taking all this in, Exusiai beckoned her friend inside without further preamble.

"There's something I have to tell you." Sora was saying, walking over to the couch and slumping into it.

Exusiai sat down next to her. "Is something the matter?" It was hard to fathom what might be bothering Sora, given everything that was going on recently. Hopefully it's not Texas. There was only so much she could deal with right now with her own problems circling like angry vultures. The buzzing of her phone on the nightstand was just another reminder of who was waiting for her in the lobby. I'm holding everyone up.

Sora rubbed at her wrist, eyes downcast. "I-I um . . . I . . ."

"Is this about Texas?" She put a comforting hand on the blonde's shoulder.

Sora went rigid. "No."

The amount of certainty in that tone had her hand retreating back to her lap. "Then what's going on?" How was she supposed to help when Sora was acting so strange?

"It's kind of hard to explain. I guess . . . I just have some concerns."

"About . . . ?"

"Mostima." Sora finally answered, tone clipped.

"Huh. Why am I not surprised?" Exusiai sighed. It seemed everyone and their cousin had problems with her girlfriend. They just don't see her the way I do. But when she thought of the night before, those teeth sinking into her neck. She inwardly shuddered. There was an image, well painted with time, beginning to warp as reality altered. The tides were beginning to change whether she liked it or not.

"Has someone else—"

"Approached me? Texas." She answered, not I'm the mood to make up a fib. Arms crossed tightly over her chest, Exusiai stared down the bridge of her nose at the off-kilter strap of her heel. She contemplated adjusting it but was unable to before Sora replied.

"I guess she'd know better than anyone."

"Texas is smart." Exusiai agreed. "I guess that's one of the things you like about her hmm?" Maybe it was wrong to move the attention off of her relationship. Maybe, but she did not want another lecture. Not that Sora looks the type to deliver one.

"W-well yeah. I do, did. Still do. But not that way." The 'not anymore' hung in the open space.

"I'm proud of you. For getting over her." Exusiai told her, meaning it.

Sora chuckled. It was a quiet, pleasant noise she found herself rarely privy to. When had been the last time they had been alone like this? In her room? She did not recall such a time existing. It's nice.

"I wouldn't say I'm fully over her yet." Sora warned. "But I am working on it."

"I'm glad."

"Me too."

They sat in silence for a moment. She reached down and fixed the strap, the curve of smooth leather looping through the metal buckle clasped around her leg. It was a notch tighter than normal, the sensation grounding for for she would deal with tonight.

"Does she make you happy?" Sora asked.

The question seemed so out of the blue. "Mostima? Make me happy?" She tasted the words, the mix of coolness and something else. Like a sweet candy turning sour.

Sora waved a hand, elaborating further. "When I was little my parents always said that when it came to finding someone, a partner who would love me as I loved them, it was most important that they made me happy. They also need to add to your life. Not take away."

Not take away. The more she thought about it . . .

"I see," Exusiai said after a moment. Like everyone else, it appeared Sora had bad blood with Mostima now. The question was why?

"I'm only saying this because I want you to be happy."

But then that sentence was flooring. Me. She's just thinking about me. Texas had been much the same overall, but . . .

"This isn't because of Mostima. Just for me?" She had to be sure.

Sora's face twisted for a moment, darkening a degree. "I'm not sure what I think about her to be honest. But I consider you to be a-a good friend. So I want to make sure you're happy, regardless of who you're with."

"Thank you. A lot of people don't seem to like her, but I'm glad you aren't making judgement of her yet. That you're giving her a chance." If at least one of her friends was okay with Mostima, it would make her feel better.

Sora tilted her head thoughtfully. "If it means so much to you it's no problem at all."

Exusiai grabbed Sora's hand, squeezing those slender musician fingers. While the blonde was known for her singing talent mainly, she was also skilled in the art of playing instruments. The piano was a particular favorite. There was one in the music room a few levels below. Recording equipment was there too, prepared in the eventuality Sora might want to make a song. Blue eyes stared down at their joined hands. Fingertips weaved together as the room gave a collective sigh. Warmth jumped between the two of them. Her heart hitched up a pace with those thumps in her ears. The pleasant echoes radiated into tingles along her spine as the soft cushions of the couch hugged at her back. This sense of comfort was hard to explain. The words fumbled in her exhale as she told Sora.

"It really does mean a lot."

*****

Lappland growled in annoyance as the door finally opened under her ministrations. Everyone else was waiting for her in the lobby floor, but her she was heading back to the room to get something she'd forgotten. The necklace. Can't forget the necklace. What would she think if I forgot? With the dresses they both wore being low cut it would be easy to notice the missing accessory. So she had to go back to get it.

"Where could it be? Where could it be?" She pondered aloud.

Ducking her head into the bathroom, Lappland was met with steam and the calming scent of lavender. Bath suds stuck to the wet glass of the shower. Wet towels were curled in corners and flopped on the sink unceremoniously. She peeked under them, growling with each failure to locate the precious object.

"Grrr . . . come out come out wherever you are." She sing-songed, aggravation starting to slip through.

The room that had been so pristine before was now what she fondly described "organized chaos". But chaos is still chaos so where are you? She lifted up Texas's jacket in the hopes it might be there. To her dismay, all this revealed was the couch cushions and a pillow.

Thump.

The faint noise of paper hitting the floor. Lappland swiveled her head down, spotting the neatly folded up piece of paper. The piece of paper which had unfurled. She scooped it up with a frown, wolf ears tilting curiously.

"I didn't realize Texas carried mail around with her. I wonder who it's from?"

And just as she said that, she caught sight of the name on the end. It was at the bottom of a myriad of words with its elegant script. Lappland knew it, had seen it years before like all those billboards and old car models residing in abandoned factories. The name came out in a gasp that reflected her surprise.

"Amarillo."

******

A/N: Soooooo lots to come in the next chapters! Let me know what y'all think in the comments! And of course, don't forget to vote and post your theories as I love reading them! As we're approaching 40k reads I'm thinking we'll be having a double update on the way. So stay tuned!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 4.4K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
159K 5.7K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
75.4K 1.7K 32
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
228K 7.9K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...