bruises - james potter

By nevillescourage

Cassiopeia Black grew up with more on her plate than the usual teen girl. She didn't get to wear pink dresses... More

b r u i s e s
a e s t h e t i c s
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty
forty-one
forty-two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
𝗳𝗼rty-four
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
act two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
act three
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen

π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…

47.9K 1.8K 7.4K
By nevillescourage

( chapter seventy-six )

"REG, CASSIE SAID ADD 3 EGG whites. The phrase egg whites does not include the words 'entire egg shell'."

"But the inside of the shell is white. The eggs guts are clear."

"Did you just call the egg whites, egg guts?"

"Yes, yes I did."

Cassie let out a small snort at the odd look on James' face as he looked across the kitchen at Regulus, who didn't pay any attention to what he was saying as he continued to crush the egg shells into the flour that was already resting in one of the bowls.

Sirius shook his head as he looked over Regulus' shoulder and into the bowl, shaking his head at the mixture that was still being mixed as if that would make it any better.

Euphemia had suggested that the four of them spend the afternoon making cakes, while her and Fleamont went shopping for Christmas - which was only in a few days.

She had then insisted that they do it when she found out that Regulus and Cassie had never baked a cake before, their parents not thinking that it was something they needed to do as they grew up.

That was the reason why the three Black siblings and James Potter were now in the kitchen. The four of them trying, but failing to make a cake for Euphemia and Fleamont when they got home.

So far, it seemed that the only thing that Euphemia and Fleamont would receive when they got home would be a sink full of dirty dishes and a kitchen that looked like a bomb had gone off in it.

Cassie was sitting on one of the counters, her legs were swinging back and forth, her feet hitting the door of the cabinet underneath her. She had a cookbook open in her lap and she was yelling out instructions to the other three in the room.

James was standing near Cassie, one of his hands resting on her knee as the other one cut the butter up into small squares with a nearly completely blunt knife.

Sirius and Regulus were the other side of the kitchen, Sirius was in charge of measuring the ingredients, so far he had spilled around half the bag of flour and most of the sugar - it was a miracle that they even had anything left to make any cakes.

Regulus was putting everything in the bowl and then mixing the mixture, rather violently as some of it was spilling over the sides of the glass bowl that they were using.

"That doesn't look like it does when Mia makes it." Sirius stated bluntly. He looked besides Regulus, where the egg yolk and whites were resting on the counter.

He shrugged, before picking up the bowl and sliding the egg into it.

Sirius then placed the bowl back in front of Regulus who began to mix once again.

"I'm sure a few egg shells won't harm anyone." James said, turning back to the butter and cutting it into even smaller squares.

Cassie looked over at him and rolled her eyes slightly, letting out another laugh. James looked up at her, before raising his eyebrows.

James then held the knife up at her, Cassie let out another laugh as she held her hands up in a mock surrender.

She was thankful that James was treating her as if not much was wrong. While he checked up on her every twenty minuets to see how she was feeling and if he could get anything for her, he also treated her like he did before she arrived at his.

Cassie appreciated it, as it showed that he didn't think any different of her now than he did before.

It made her heart flutter slightly and a  smile appear on her face, even if James didn't really do anything.

James' smile grew slightly as she laughed and he quickly pressed a kiss to her lips before he went back to cutting the butter.

"Okay," Cassie spoke, a small blush on her cheeks and nose as James' hand returned to her knee.

"Now we need to add 250 grams of sugar."

Sirius saluted Cassie, before he poured some of the sugar into the metal bowl above the scales.

He stared at the small numbers closely, before he quickly pulled the bag of sugar away.

Around three hours later, they took the cake out of the oven.

They all crowded around Regulus as he wore bright pink oven gloves, holding the metal tray that held their cake.

James' arm was around Cassie's waist and she was leaning her head into his side slightly.

The smiles on their faces turned into looks of disgust as Regulus pulled out the tray, the cake that was inside of it had been burned so much that it was pitch black and a few parts of burnt cake were flaking off the edge of it.

"It looks like something that fell from space." Cassie said, scrunching up her nose as the smell of burnt cake filled her nose.

She raised her hand, which was covered by the sleeve of one of James' quidditch jumpers to cover her nose and mouth.

"I kinda expect it to snap into two so a small alien can climb out of it."

She shrugged as the others turned to look at her, James slowly shaking his head while Sirius and Regulus laughed at the girls voice, which was rather high pitched due to her covered nose.

"We shouldn't have let you watch E.T last night."

Cassie let out a small laugh, before she covered her nose more.

"E.T phone home." She imitated.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

James and Cassie were sitting up in their bed.

James' back was supported by the mass of pillows that resided on his bed, most of them covered by a red cover and a gold Gryffindor lion embroidered into the fabric. Cassie was resting her back against James' bare chest, still wearing his jumper. Their legs were tangled beneath the duvet; one of James' hands resting on Cassies upper thigh.

His other hand was in Cassie's hand, he was making sure that his fingers were staying still as he let her paint his nails a dark red. He was resting his chin on the top of her head, he watched her paint his nails carefully.

The two of them sat in silence for a while, neither of them wanting to disturb the comfortable silence that they were sitting in.

The sun outside was just beginning to set, most of the blue sky still covered by the dark clouds that hung low in the sky. The clouds in front of the sun were lighter than the sky around, showing the position of the sun hanging low in the sky. Wind blew the remaining leaves off the tress, branches reaching for them as they fall and disappear in the carpet of leaves that had already fallen off the trees. Orange light reflected in the icy ground, making it look like glitter had been thrown all over the floor.

The couple sat in silence for a few more minuets, until James finally broke the silence.

"Hey, love?" He asked, squeezing her thigh softly.

Cassie let out a small hum in response, but she didn't look up from James' nails, where she was now adding another layer of nail varnish.

"You know when I asked if you were okay before? When you were in the kitchen with mum?"
Cassie froze for a very short moment, but it didn't go un noticed by James. She quickly returned to painting his nails.

"Yeah. . ?" She asked, already knowing what this conversation was going to be about.

She was also thankful that James talked about feelings first, as she knew that she would probably never bring them up unless someone else talked about them first.

Cassie knew that keeping how she felt to herself wasn't good, it wasn't a healthy thing to do emotionally; so she was thankful that James seemed to know that about her.

"You lied when you said you were okay, do you know why?"

James felt Cassie's head nod under his chin, he frowned slightly as he squeezed her thigh yet again.

"Do you want to tell me why?"

James felt Cassie shake her head, then she froze for a moment before she nodded slowly.

The dark-haired girl let out a small shy, not looking up from James' nails as she began to speak.

She told James about all of her worries, that she was afraid that they would find her weak or needy and that she hated relying on others as she hadn't had anyone to rely on throughout her entire her life.

She told her how she felt and she was proud of herself for doing so. While Cassie knew that she still had to learn to talk first, and not let others always ask her first, she was still proud that she had at least spoken about her feelings.

Little did she know, that James was proud of her too; and while he hated how she was feeling, the smallest hint of a smile made its way onto his face as she opened up to him for what seemed only like the second time ever.

"Cass, you're not weak. You never could be. What you went through, hardly anyone can say they went through that and lived and no, that's not because they cant speak seeing as they're dead." James added when Cassie opened her mouth, she let out a small laugh.

"You are the strongest person I know and no one will ever take that title from you, as I don't think anyone out there is as brave as you."

James took a small breath before he continued.

"And you're not needy love, you couldn't be even if you tried. You are in pain, we want to know when you are so that we can help you feel better. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask, as we want to know what yo want or need."

James kissed the top of Cassie's head, before he rested his cheek against it, he continued to speak.

"I know that you don't like to rely on people love and I'm not saying that you have to as I love how independent you are, but I am saying that you should know that you can always rely on me, a I'm not going anywhere and I'm always going to be here when you need me."

Cassie let go of James' hand, and she placed the kid back on the nail varnish before she turned around, she straddled her waist and pressed a kiss to his lips.

The two kissed for a minuet or two, before they pulled apart, Cassie rested her head against James' chest as she didn't move.

James ran his hands through her hair as she wrapped her arms awkwardly around his torso.

Cassie listened to James' heart beating in his chest and it brought her comfort.

She couldn't explain why it did, all she knew was that when her head was resting against James' chest and she was listening to his heart beat, she felt as if she had found somewhere she finally belonged.

She didn't know that home could be a person until she met James.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE
THAT ALREADY FOLLOWED
MY NEW INSTA
ACC, IT HONESTLY MEANS
SO MUCH TO ME <33

I MADE A JASSIE
MANIP

I WAS BORED LOL

ANYWAYS, IDK
WHAT NUMBER CHAPTER
THIS IS THIS WEEK
BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT

I THOUGHT IT
WAS CUTE HAVING
MOMENTS BETWEEN THEM
ALL, LIKE VERY CUTE

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED
THIS CHAPTER AND AS USUAL PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT

UNTIL NEXT TIME

- Emily xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 394 37
*** A girl with a scarred brain who wanted nothing more than her brothers to be safe. A boy with scarred skin who wanted nothing more than the girl t...
31.2K 978 41
"π‘π‡πˆπ€πππŽπ π‘πˆππ†π’ π‹πˆπŠπ„ 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππˆπ†π‡π“, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 π–πŽπ”π‹πƒπ'𝐓 π˜πŽπ” π‹πŽπ•π„ π“πŽ π‹πŽπ•π„ 𝐇𝐄𝐑?" rhiannon was...
731K 22.2K 50
πš‚πš˜ πš–πšžπšŒπš‘ πšπš˜πš› πšœπšžπš–πš–πšŽπš› πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πšœπšŠπš’πš’πš—πš "𝚞𝚜" 'π™²πšŠπšžπšœπšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πšŽπš›πšŽπš—'𝚝 πš–πš’πš—πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš•πš˜πšœπšŽ qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜†γ€€γ€€ qο½₯:...
27.5K 854 25
A girl who is different. Damaged. Alexa was tortured by death eaters at 8 years old, leaving her damaged both physically and mentally. She was sent t...