bruises - james potter

By nevillescourage

Cassiopeia Black grew up with more on her plate than the usual teen girl. She didn't get to wear pink dresses... More

b r u i s e s
a e s t h e t i c s
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty
forty-one
forty-two
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty-four
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅
act two
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘆
𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
act three
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen

𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

45.5K 2.1K 4.3K
By nevillescourage

( chapter seventy )
tw: abuse

REGULUS BLACK DIDN'T PAY ANY attention to what he was throwing into the trunk that was open on his floor.

His eyes were still swimming with tears. The dull grey of his eye and the salty tears made his eyes look as if they were mirroring the storm that was going on his mind.

The storm that wouldn't settle.

Regulus let out a shaky breath as he stopped for a moment. He looked around his room, and quickly shook his head. He began to throw more clothes into the nearly full trunk.

He didn't have a plan - he had no idea what he was doing. All he knew is that he needed to do it.

He would do it.

There was a lump in his throat, perhaps a gathering of all the words he wanted to yell at his parents, all the things he wanted to say to them.

Or perhaps it was the anger that had been bubbling inside of him for so long, like a stove left on for too long and now it was going to overflow, and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

Cassies room was right next to Regulus' and his parents hadn't placed a silencing charm over her room.

Regulus had sat there for what seemed like hours listening to his sisters screams, her yells at her parents to stop, her pleas of help from anyone who was near.

Her pleas for them to just kill her instead.

Regulus had had enough.

He had had enough ages ago, but now he was doing something about it.

He stood up and ran a hand across his forehead, wiping away the layer of cold sweat that rested there.

Regulus was going to get the both of them out of Grimmauld Place that night.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Regulus stopped.

His back was pressed up against the cold wood of Cassies door. His eyes were wide, the tears that had been resting in them for so long fell down his cheeks, he didn't move to wipe them away.

His breathing was heavy and fast, it felt as if there was a large weight resting on his chest and stopping him from breathing properly. His heart was already beating rapidly in his chest, each beat was loud.

His watery eyes scanned over Cassies still body, the only signs of life in her was the way that her chest was raising and falling ever so slightly.

Regulus raised a hand to his mouth, trying to hold back a sob as he looked at her.

Regulus had only seen her injured a day or two ago, but this time it was much, much worse than he had ever seen before.

Her face was covered in dried blood, it made her face look as if it had been covered in red face-paint. Her top lip was burst, blood still coming out of it and pouring onto the outfit she was wearing at dinner the previous night. One of her eyes was swollen shut, asrge blue and yellow bruise covering the swollen skin. There was a large cut on her cheek, it had scabbed over, but blood still tried to escape the barrier that her skin had made.

Her arms were littered with bruises, some small and some large. Her left wrist was resting at an odd angle, once again telling Regulus that she had broken another bone. Small cuts were dotted around her arms, some of them still bleeding while others had stopped. Her legs were covered by a thin white sheet, but her feet were poking out the end of it, and he could tell by the direction of her foot, that, it too was broken.

He scrunched up his eyes, wanting what he was seeing to be an illusion. A fragment of imagination that was trying to play a bad joke on him.

But he knew it wasn't, he knew that it was real.

And that their parents had done that to her without a second of consideration or guilt running through their twisted minds.

Regulus opened his eyes, and quickly looked away from Cassie, instead he looked at the open trunk at the foot of her bed.

He quickly rushed over to it and began to throw Cassies clothes into it, squashing them down on top of the books and other school supply's that were already in the trunk.

He ignored the whimpers of pain that came from his sisters mouth, even though it hurt his heart to do so.

Regulus knew that he had to finish filling her trunk quickly, the sun was going to raise any moment, and their parents would wake not long after.

Regulus didn't even think he could call them parents anymore. They never had been parents towards the three of them. They never cared, or even acted like they did. They never loved them.

He was certain that the only reason they had kids in the first place was so that one day those kids could make their reputation better.

Well- Regulus thought, the smallest hint of a grin appearing on his face -

That plan didn't quite work, did it?

"Sirius?" Regulus stopped throwing clothes into Cassies trunk at the sound of her voice. It was hoarse and sounded scratchy.

He looked up.

Cassie was still lying down, but her head was up. Regulus could see that she was trying not to wince in pain, he rushed over to the side of her bed.

He tried to ignore the cuts on her face, that seemed much worse now that he was closer to her.

"Sirius?" She repeated, placing her head back down on the pillow and turning to face Regulus.

She let out a small gasp of pain as she did so.

"It's Reggie, Cass." Regulus said, his hand moving to gently grab hers. He ignored the fact that her hands felt very dry.

Cassie looked at him for a moment, a slight look of confusion on her face, before her mouth made a small 'o' shape.

"Reg." She breathed out. Her words were becoming rather airy, as if she couldn't get enough air into her lungs. Regulus was really worried.

"Where's Sirius?" She asked, looking up at her younger brother. She closed both her eyes for a short moment, before she opened the one that wasn't swollen.

"At James' House Cass, don't worry." Regulus said, pressing a kiss to his sisters head. He didn't care about the blood.

"We'll be with him soon." He murmured against her skin.

When he pulled back, he saw that both her eyes were closed and her breathing was steady, while still shallow.

Regulus shook his head, wiping the few tears that had once again fallen from his eyes, before he returned to Cassies trunk.

He began to fill it quicker than ever, wanting to make sure that the two of then were long gone before Walburga and Orion woke up.

Regulus had only been packing for a few more minutes before a pop! filled his ears.

He turned around, startled.

Kreacher was standing in front of him, shock evident in his old face as he looked at the youngest Black child.

Regulus was just as shocked, his eyes darted to the small bottle that was in Kreachers hand and he rasied an eyebrow, his shock turning into confusion.

"Kreacher." He whispered, trying to be as quiet as possible but so that the house elf could still hear.

"Do you heal Cassie?"

Kreacher still stared at the boy, shock on his face.

"Kreacher?" The house elf shook his head, snapping out of his daze before looking back at Regulus.

He nodded once.

"Kreacher always heal Mistress Cassiopeia, Master Regulus." He said, trying his hardest to copy Regulus' whisper, but talker slightly louder.

"But not so much that Master Orion and Mistress Walburga find out."

Regulus didn't waste a moment before pulling the house elf into a hug, letting out a small sob as he did so.

Kreacher awkwardly patted Regulus back.

"Thank you, thank you so much." Regulus said, not pulling away for a moment.

It was when he was pulling away that Regulus has the idea, the idea that might just work.

He had a small smile on his as he held Kreacher by his shoulders.

"Kreacher," He said, rushed, "Can you apparate me and Cassie to the Potters?"

Kreacher thought for a moment, looking behind Regulus at Cassie, who let out another small whimper of pain.

Kreacher nodded once.

"Anything for Master Regulus and Misress Cassiopeia."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Regulus knocked loudly on the door.

He was holding Cassie up, his arm under her arms and wrapped around her waist, he was also trying to make sure that both her broken wrist and ankle didn't bump into anything or touch the ground.

Her head was slumped on his shoulder, her non-swollen eye open slightly, but it only stared at one spot. She kept letting out little whimpers of pain, each one made Regulus' heart break slightly.

Kreacher hadn't had time to heal her, at all.

A second after he had said yes to taking the two to the Potters, they had heard Orion walking on the ground above them.

Kreacher told Regulus to grab Cassie, while he closed her trunk and then apparated into Regulus' to grab his.

Kreacher had then apparated the two to the Potters house - Regulus was yet to pay attention to anything other than the door - before leaving straight away.

Regulus was gutted that he didn't even get a chance to say goodbye.

But no sad feeling could overrun the ecstatic feeling that he felt.

They had done it.

They'd finally done it.

They were free at last, they'd never have to go back there again.

A small smile made it's way onto his face, he couldn't help it, he was too happy. He didn't think he'd ever been happier.

Cassie let out another small whimper of pain, causing Regulus to shake his head and knock loudly on the white door again.

A yell came from inside the house, followed by a crash and a bark like laugh.

There was another yell, however that yell was cut off when the door opened.

James stood there.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

WE'RE GOING TO
IGNORE THE FACT I
STAYED UP TILL TEN PAST ONE
IN THE MORNING TO WRITE
THIS-

AND LITERALLY
HAD TO ASK MY BROTHER TO
HELP AS I WAS VERY STUCK
HE WAS NO HELP AT ALL

ANYWAYSS

THEY'RE FINALLY
FREE!!

I'M SO HAPPY,
AND KREACHER SEEMED
SO CUTE IN THIS CHAPTER
SJFKSLGM

LOTS OF ANGST TO
COME LOL, BE READY,
BUT THEN, HAPPINESS :D

(FOR A WHILE, ANYWAY)

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, AS USUAL PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT AND WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE NEXT TIME

AND UNTIL NEXT TIME

- Emily xx

p.s. I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT CHRISTMAS IF YOU CELEBRATE
IT! I'D LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU GOT <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 5.4K 62
Cassiopeia Black had never been one to follow her families beliefs, and the war was no different. Whilst her family were known supporters of Voldemo...
1.9M 119K 104
{𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟮} It all started with a kiss. Or better say, everything ended with a kiss. What Jenna Potter thought was going to lead her to a beautif...
53.1K 1.3K 64
For as long as Remus can remember he's had a hard life. Constant monthly mutilations of his skin, a absent father, and the trepidation of his blush i...
863K 20.5K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...