Chapter 22: Island "Paradise" (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

And yes, he did leave Gloria and Gyro behind in the water.

Gyro practically started sobbing. "God! I just wanted a vacation!" He turned to Gloria. "How the hell are we going to make it to shore now?!"

"... we swim."

"NO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN!" He screamed at her like the little fucker he was. It wasn't an excuse but he was still a bit unstable from the boat ride. Being stranded for a week and all. Gloria was doing better than him to be honest. She was a badass. "I mean we're weak and malnourished! It's going to be extremely difficult on our bodies!"

"You're thinking too hard, man. Look, just lay on your back like this." Gloria demonstrated by laying on top of the water on her back with her limbs spread out to help keep her afloat. "And just let the ride take us to shore."

"But the current-" Gyro cut himself off. "You know what. Fine." He did the same and the waves started pushing him down but he dealt with it to keep Gloria happy.

It took a good half hour, hell, maybe even an hour before they made it to shore. Glomgold had pushed the boat all the way onto the beach. I mean all the way. It clearly had been slammed into a tree and left a dent in the wood.

Boyd had been kind enough to start a fire with his laser eyes so they had warmth for the night but Glomgold ended up pushing him out of the way to start his rain dances.

He sighed, kicking the sand like the now sad child he was before walking over to Gloria and Gyro who were crawling onto the beach. "Are- are you two okay?" He was sniffling to himself after Glomgold literally just pushed him down to do rituals.

Just like back on the island, Gloria's face was flat on the ground but she did a "Surf's up" gesture to show that she was vibin and alive.

Gyro, on the other hand, actually pushed himself up and coughed up some sand. "Yeah. We're fine. Just a bit mad at your uncle is all." Even though he was wet and nasty, he brought Boyd into a hug. "I'm just glad you're alive."

Boyd laughed a little at that. "Why would I be dead, Dr. Dad?"

Gyro didn't feel like explaining that Glomgold literally hacked into his system with no issues after Gyro literally spent years studying how to do that. In response, he just shrugged. He countered Boyd's question with another. "Where's your other dad?" He didn't need to ask where Ellie was because after how hard Glomgold threw Boyd at her, she probably would be out cold for a while.

Boyd pointed toward the boat. "He's laying in the boat. I tried to talk to him but he just kept complaining how his complexion is ruined and that he doesn't have his Waddle Phone."

Before Gyro could make a snarky remark about how much of an asshole Mark was, Boyd scanned him like the little robo-child he was.

"I need to find food for you guys before the sun sets completely! And water!" He looked back at where his shit excuse of a father was. "Dad probably is in no better condition."

Gloria lifted her face from the sand. "Do you think they have veggie burgers around here? I like me some beans mixed with mayo on a sick bun." She was joking obviously but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Giving her a confused look, Boyd pointed to the jungle behind him. "I scanned the area. I cannot find any civilization for miles."

"WE'RE STRANDED BY A JUNGLE?!" Gyro almost passed out.

Boyd frowned. He knew why his Dr. Dad was so concerned. The jungle was a pretty dangerous place. "Sadly, yes. The whole island is abandoned. In fact, no intelligent organic life has ever settled here."