Chapter 15: The Party

It was evening and the cruise had just docked at the first caribbean island. About fucking time. Arrival was a bit delayed due to yesterday's storm.

To work as a welcome, the cruise had set up some sort of "fancy" party on the beach. How fancy it was was unknown but Gyro got in his best attire anyway. Not that he brought anything too fancy so he would have to wait and see if he was out of place or not.

Gloria, on the other hand, looked nice as hell.

He held out his arm for Gloria as they were leaving the cabin. "M'lady."

"Ew." She hated the fact that this man was using neckbeard slang from 2009 but whatever, she locked arms with him anyways.

Gyro laughed awkwardly; he wasn't sure if Gloria said "ew" in a joking manner or not. Maybe "m'lady" was a bit too out there. Oh fucking well. He was used to Gloria spitting straight up facts. "I dunno about how I feel about the first island event being a fancy party. Doesn't sound too relaxing to me but I feel obliged to go." He looked over at her. "You, uh, look pretty by the way." Gyro forgot to mention that. M'ma could be anywhere. But he did truly think Gloria looked pretty.

"Thanks! You don't look too bad yourself." They continued walking to the party in silence before Gloria changed the subject. "So Boyd's still doing okay after you erased his memories last night? He doesn't remember anything?"

"Wha- no no. Ellie asked me to erase the traumatic events. Steelbeak, the gang, you get the idea. He remembers who we are and how he met us, etc. But, yeah, he seemed to be doing pretty chipper when I dropped him off at Ellie... and Mark's room." Gyro thought it was disgusting they got back together. He was sort of proud of Ellie but he took that back real quick. "I just hope he can make some friends tonight at the kid section of the party or something. I feel bad for him, ya know? He's just so nice he gets pushed around a lot. He's got Huey but that little dude isn't here so..."

"Wait wait, Boyd gets pushed around?! By who!? It wouldn't be the first time that I fought a child!"

Gyro laughed, thinking Gloria was joking. But then he realized she wasn't. "Don't worry. He hasn't been bullied, it just seems the other kids think he's weird. But he's too innocent to notice... I don't think he's bothered by it. He's happy enough to have us and Huey back home."

"Alright... But I'm going to keep my eye out for any little shits who try something. The strong must protect the sweet." Yes, that is a Simpsons quote.

When the two approached the party, which was candlelit and underneath a gorgeous canopy, Gyro's heart sank. He looked down at himself. Man, this fucker was so underdressed. At least he had his bowtie. Gloria would fit in perfectly so he looked like more of an idiot standing next to her. Sucks to be him.

Gloria was excited as hell. She had never been to a party this fancy. It was almost Miss Glamour level, which meant they were going to have killer food and drinks. She was totally going to ditch Gyro's ass and shove her mouth full of... whatever they have at fancy parties. Caviar? Yeah. That.

"Okay," Gloria looked at Gyro and did her evil smirk. "So, you can do nerdy socialization with the fancy people, I'm going to go try and gain 10 pounds in one night."

"Not even a slow dance? C'mon..."

She threw her head back. "Oh my GODDDDD! Fine. Aight. I can rock a pole so I can rock the floor too." Gloria grabbed his hand and dragged him inside, or still outside under shelter, to get the dancing game on. Other people were doing that stupid thing where they sway side to side or whatever. "Okay. 5 minutes then you can kiss me or whatever the hell, and then I peace out to eat crab cakes."