Chapter 21: Stranded

"What the fuck?"

Gloria's instincts should have told her to scream, but she was still so groggy, especially with such a migraine. She pushed herself up to a sitting position, keeping her hand on her head as she looked around the small lifeboat and the ocean it floated upon.

It looked to be late morning. Maybe 10 am? Gloria didn't know times so fuck it. How she slept in so long without noticing that she wasn't in bed was unknown to her. It wasn't like anyone else woke up either so she kinda had an excuse. She would've guessed something was in that margarita if it wasn't for the fact that literally everyone else was still asleep; most importantly Ellie who literally couldn't drink so that gave away they weren't drugged. Most likely... right?

You know what? This was probably a dream. They saved the cruise from sinking so this made no sense.

Gloria pinched herself. It kinda hurt but not really. She did it again, but much harder, digging her nails into her skin. "FUCK!" She slapped a hand over her mouth. None of the others woke up which was good but, damn, now she was hella freaked out. Not only was she more awake, but now it dawned on her how fucked they were.

She could scream, waking everyone up at once, but she was smart enough (debatably) to know that would invoke chaos from everyone and end up tipping the boat over. Instead, she turned to Gyro who was right beside her and nudged his arm. "Yo, Gyro. Wake up, bitch." She whispered.

He stirred a bit but that was it.

She nudged him harder. "Yoooooo, my dude, you should probably wake up."

He groaned. "What?"

It was clear he was still half asleep and wasn't fully aware Gloria was speaking to him quite yet.

"We're stranded."

"Okay." Gyro yawned before curling himself up more into a bawl. He tried to pull up a blanket but when his hand grasped at nothing but air, he actually sat up and gave Gloria a peaved look. "What did I say about sharing the blanket?"

Gloria rolled her eyes before gesturing wildly around her.

Rubbing his eyes and adjusting his glasses, Gyro finally picked up what she was laying down in front of him. He opened his mouth, obviously about to scream, when Gloria clamped his beak shut.

"Don't you dare." She whispered; pretty aggressively at that. Homegirl was cranky as hell with the migraine she had going on. "I know you don't want the others to wake up and start screaming either." She slowly let go of his beak before pointing a thumb toward Mark and the fam.

Gyro gulped. "W-what happened?"

"How the hell would I know, dude? Who do I look like? Picasso?"

"Pica- do you mean Einstein?"

"Whatever. Same thing."

"It isn't really."

Gloria scoffed. Her mood was lightening a bit but she still wasn't happy to be stranded in the ocean for unknown reasons, which is understandable. "Are we going to argue about how Picasso and Einstein are the same person or are we going to figure out what's going on? My brain hurts too much to think."

Gyro ignored that horrid statement that would haunt him and focused on his own migraine for a moment.

"Now that you say it..." Gyro rubbed his eyes again, but a lot harder like he was trying to rub his brain. "Mine does too. I've gotten hangovers before... but, my goodness."

"Fuuuuuckkkkk... do you think we were drugged?"

"Maybe?" He started looking around at the ocean too. He was remaining calm but he felt like he was going to shit himself. Figuratively and literally because that margarita was indeed shit. "Doesn't explain why Ellie and Boyd aren't awake but... I think we were. There's no way I would have this bad of a migraine. I only had half of one margarita and that was it!" His voice rose for a second before he brought it back down, again, not wanting to disturb the others. "Oh my god. What if Magica was pissed Ma Beagle was killed and put us on the lifeboat in our sleep?"