Chapter 43: The Fuzz

All of the blood on Tina's face and clothes was super gross. She wanted to wipe it off but decided against it. The more blood she had on her, the more Ellie would freak out.

Tina and Dingles walked back inside the warehouse where Gyro and Ellie were still sitting. "Did you miss us?" Tina said to grab their attention. Dingles stood beside her, not guarding the door.

She waited for a response from either of them while she casually took her phone back out to show Ellie the picture of Mark's head. She took her time though, she wanted Ellie to sit there and process all of the blood that she had on her before she hit her again with the trauma of seeing his dead body.

Gyro had mentally shut down long ago and wasn't looking. His eyes remained glued shut as they were earlier and he was now curled up in a ball.

Ellie was still on the floor where Tina had dropped her before she took Mark, so she had to strain her head up to look at Tina. She wouldn't have bothered to look at her but the way her voice rang gave Ellie the feeling that if she didn't look herself, Dingles would make her.

Whatever Ellie was expecting to see wasn't... that. Tina was soaked head to toe in dark, thick blood. It had to have been fake blood. If they took Mark outside, they were surely going to kill him somewhere else or torture him slowly with T-bag. But, against Ellie's better judgement for her sanity, she quickly scanned Tina. It was Mark's DNA.

Ellie's eyes drifted from Tina's blood soaked shirt to her face, to see that dirty amused expression. Ellie had no idea what expression she was making herself, but whatever it was made Tina start to laugh.

Ellie didn't scream or cry, instead she simply lowered her head onto the floor, wrapping her arms around her to shield whatever parts of her face were visible. She began shaking uncontrollably.

That wasn't good enough for Tina.

Tina walked closer to Ellie, kicking her with her foot to get her attention. Dingles followed behind her like he was a lost puppy. He didn't know what else to do. "Hey. Check this out."

Tina held her phone up to Ellie's face and waited for her to move her arms out of the way. If she wasn't going to she would have Dingles force her to look at it.

When Ellie didn't move, Dingles didn't have to be told what to do. He walked behind her before pulling her hair back to force her to look up at the screen.

Ellie knew that it was going to be a horrendous photo of whatever they did to Mark but what she saw was beyond her capacity to process. Tina didn't torture him, no. She shot him through the head with no mercy and didn't even bother to torture him beforehand based on how quickly she came back with Dingles.

Needless to say, Ellie didn't need to see Mark in person to know he was long gone. The way his forehead was caved in and the lifeless look in his eyes, even through a screen, was indescribable.

All this time, Ellie claimed that she was going to be the one to die, that the plot armor wouldn't work on her anymore. But it was Mark all along. It wasn't fair. She deserved to die way more than he did. She was the one who had more blood on her hands.

Ellie's shaking only grew worse and the sobs she held back only led to her heaving heavily before breaking out into a fit of coughs.

Dingles let go of her head to let her smash face first onto the floor as she continued to sob and cough violently.

Tina put her phone away and pulled out her knife. She held it up to her face and twisted it around in her hand to admire it. "So I know you don't feel pain, but that's not gonna stop me from taking off another chunk of your arm. Real people would die from blood loss before I can dismember them all the way. Not fun. But you? You'll be alive and conscious through the whole thing!"