Chapter 20: Well... That Was Anticlimactic

"I found a corner, mom!"

Ellie smiled and took the piece from him. "How helpful, Boyd! Thank you!"

The two were doing a puzzle on the floor of the suite. It was a portrait of Jimmy Buffett that Ellie found at the cruise gift shop. She wasn't a fan of him but she liked puzzles so it was a win lose.

There was a knock on the door and Ellie ignored it, Mark on the other did not. He almost threw his phone across the room in pure rage before stopping because he realized it was his precious phone. He settled on screaming into his pillow before turning to Ellie.

"GOD! IT'S THE FOURTH TIME THEY KNOCKED ON OUR DOOR! CAN THEY JUST, LIKE, NOT?!"

Ellie didn't bother to look at him because she was too focused on the puzzle. "If it bothers you so much, then actually answer this time."

"UGHHHHHH, FIIIIINEEEEEEE!" Mark groaned. He rolled off the bed and stomped his way over to the door. He threw open the door giving both Gyro and Gloria a very pissed off expression. "GOD, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT?! CAN'T YOU SEE WE DON'T WANT TO SEE YO UGLY ASSES!"

Gyro was first to snap back. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! WE'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR YOU EVERYWHERE AND WE STOPPED BY YOUR SUITE THREE OTHER TIMES!"

Mark laughed "Lmaooooooo yeahhhhh we've been chillin' in here the whole time ignoring you sooooooooo..."

"EXCUSE ME?! WHAT COULD BE MORE IMPORTANT THAN STOPPING THE SHIP FROM SINKING?!"

It should be mentioned that Ellie and Boyd were still on the floor doing the Jimmy Buffett puzzle like nothing was happening. They were almost done too!

Mark started to tap on the door frame, impatiently. "Ummmm like, anything else?"

"WE'RE GOING TO DIE IF WE DON'T DO ANYTHING YOU IMBECILE!"

"Woah woah could you just... not do that? You're bringing such bad vibes and also I don't really care what you have to say so ha ha byeeeeeeee!" Mark was about to close the door but Gloria's foot blocked it from closing.

Gloria was having none of this bullshit. She grabbed onto the door and threw it open for her to barge in. "LISTEN BITCH! YOU AND ELLIE ARE GOING TO HELP US TAKE THE SHIP BACK FROM MA BEAGLE OR SO HELP ME YOU WILL WAKE UP IN A TUB OF ICE! I KNOW A GUY, BEAKS! DON'T FUCKING TEST ME!"

When Ellie heard her name she finally looked over. "I do not understand what the big deal is. If the ship sinks, there are plenty of lifeboats."

Gloria turned her attention to Ellie. Good thing too for Mark's sake. One more comment from him and he would be dead."No that's the thing! They're all gone! Ma Beagle got rid of all but one and it's for her to escape!"

"Well..." Ellie thought for a second. "Why not enjoy our vacation and if the ship sinks, we get to the lifeboat first. Simple."

"But what about all the other people on board, Ellie?! Not only innocent people, but my friend Crystal and Jimmy Buffett are on board too!"

"I do not care for innocent people nor Jimmy Buffett." She said bluntly. But she did stand up. "But I will help you if it means that much to you. Crystal seems like a good person."

Mark chimed in again "Ughhhhhh whyyyyyyyyy? I don't want to deal with any of this! Can't we like, hire someone to throw her overboard or something? I want a nap."

Boyd looked up at him. "But, dad, you can't just leave our family to do it by themselves..." He pouted. "You aren't that type of person, are you?" Why Boyd hadn't roasted Ellie when she wasn't willing to help was unknown, but he didn't really respect Mark as much. Subconsciously.