Chapter 25: The Rave 2.0

Gloria kicked the sand below her like a child throwing a temper tantrum, accidentally hitting a rock and tripping. "This is fucking STUPID!"

She was a bit tipsy after her 10 or so margaritas (yep, only tipsy) as she walked down the beach with Ellie outside of said Margaritaville.

"I can't believe Jimmy Fucking Buffett gave me a limit! I gave that man motherfucking Edible Goldfish! I should be getting all the free drinks I fucking want! Bullshit I tell you!"

Ellie frowned. "We can stop at another bar soon if you would like. Though it is bad for your liver."

"Man, who gives a shit. I can probably just get a liver transplant or whatever the hell it's called. Is that a thing? Whatever. I'll make it a thing."

"It is a thing. It is known as a hepatic transplantation." Ellie stated before quickly eyeing Gloria up and down. "Do you always get like this when you are upset? I have never seemed to notice before."

Gloria gave her a confused look "Get like fucking what?!"

Ellie ignored the sudden aggression. "The drinking." She pointed out.

"Bitch, I always drink. This shits ain't new."

"Not according to my observations. You usually absorb 27.6 ounces of alcoholic fluid per day, but you just consumed more than 80 ounces in one sitting."

"Yeah? And who cares if I did, they're just weak margaritas! No big deal!"

"I simply am just concerned for your well-being is all."

Gloria shrugged and frowned "I'm fine."

It was wise to leave it at that but Ellie wasn't good at picking up squat or staying out of a homie's business. "No you are not. Is it about Gyro?"

"Of course it's about him! That motherfucker fucking broke up with me! This whole thing is dumb as hell."

Ellie had no idea what to say to that, especially because Gloria was very angry compared to her usual self. Beside, every supportive thing Ellie could think of to say, she already said in Margaritaville. Her default mode was to start stating facts out of feeling awkward "Hell cannot be 'dumb' because it is a theoretical place."

Gloria's mood shifted from being very pissed off to very upset in a matter of moments. She immediately broke down crying and falling to sit on the sand. "THIS IS FUCKING STUPID! He didn't even fucking give me the fucking chance to let me correct myself! He said some fucked up shit to me and I forgave him! Did I say that we should take a break?! YEAH! But that was short lived! GOD DAMNIT! I SAY ONE WRONG THING THAT I IMMEDIATELY REGRETTED AND HE JUST-" Gloria wasn't even able to finish her sentence. She started to cry hander, burying her face in her hands. From all of the crying and drinking, she was starting to get another headache.

The two didn't speak for a while. Ellie was bereft of speech. She had never seen Gloria this upset before and was utterly stumped as she watched her friend become a mess like the sand around the two of them.

The only other sounds other than the ocean and Gloria's sobs, were drunk retired people and crying children walking on the beach in the background.

Eventually, Ellie convinced herself to move and sit beside Gloria. "This is very idiotic." Surprising even herself, she went the complete opposite route of comforting. Nothing seemed to be going right for the two of them so she wasn't going to pretend anymore. She laughed. "It is so funny that this was supposed to be a relaxing vacation. But the only thing we get is my Uncle Glomgold ruining everything, getting involved with drugs and gangs, having to save a cruise ship from sinking, killing more people, getting stranded, and THEN getting fucked over by our 'boyfriends' in Florida of all places. Camp Godgold central." Ellie scoffed. Now she was the one starting to get a bit pissed. "I thought all we needed was a break from villains but I suppose I was wrong. I now believe the villains kept us distracted from the obscure amount of fights we were supposed to be having with one another from the start. I do not understand what either of us did to deserve any of this."