Chapter 33: Floridian Gas Stations

Glomgold hopped out of Sadie, straight into a puddle of gasoline. He grunted in scottish before sniffing the liquid. He nodded and began to drink it like a dog would while the rest of the Glomsquad exited the vehicle. Everyone just agreed nonverbally they would try to leave Glomgold every time they stopped.

"Alright..." Gyro 'carefully' stepped over Glomgold before stretching out. They had only been driving for three hours but none of them ever drove long distances like that. Ever. "You guys can grab snacks and I'll fill up the tank. Got it?" He was talking to Gloria in particular because Mark was occupied taking LGBT selfies, while Ellie was Boyd were content staying in the car. And Glomgold started to roll around in the puddle but who cares about him.

"Oh and... pick up a lighter while you're in there, Gloria."

"You're finally gonna take up smoking? I would start with weed first."

He scrunched up his face. "No. I mean we can use it to set Glomgold on fire." He gestured to the man rolling in gasoline. Gyro wasn't afraid to say that out loud because Glomgold was too dumb to pick up on anything. And even if he wasn't, it's not like he would give a shit. "Ellie can have the honors if she wants."

"Ohhhhhhhhhh okay yeah that sounds like a better plan than you picking up weed." She continued "I'm probably gonna steal shit. Probably some ICEEs. You want anything?"

The fact Gloria thought setting a man on fire was better than Gyro picking up weed was something he was going to ignore. He was going to ignore the fact she was going to steal shit, so he gave her a 'do whatever you want' wave of his hand before heading over to the pump.

The pump was grimey and made Gyro cringe inward. It was covered in what looked like old gum and maybe even old, dried up dog feces. Great. He sighed, knowing what he had to do. Gyro Gearloose took off his shirt to use as some sort of napkin while picking up the handle. Could he have asked the others to pick up napkins inside? Yes. But he would rather use his shirt than trust napkins from a Floridian gas station. He's seen some shit in the past, all related to Florida. People did things with those napkins before putting them back.

Mark walked around to the other side of the van to see what his "boyfriend" was up to. "Heyyyyyyyyyyy! What are you- oh my god YOU'RE SHIRTLESS! This would be GREAT for twitter!" Mark wrapped his arm around Gyro's shoulder to hold him in place while he started taking photos of the two of them.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!" Gyro shoved him away as best as he could with one hand, the other staying on the pump. He kept a close eye on Mark as he turned around to unscrew the gasoline cap on the van. "Why don't you just go into the gas station with Gloria or something? Florida is enough of a hell without you around."

Mark didn't listen to Gyro. Obviously. Instead, he directed his attention to the nearby gas station squeegee. He hiked up the crop top he was wearing and tied it in the front to make it look more like a bikini top. Mark then proceeded to grab the squeegee, taking it out of the small black box that held soapy water. He hopped up on the van's hood and started to seductively wash the windows. "Gyrooooooooooo! Look at meeeeeeeeee! Aren't I sexy?!" Mark made sure to also lift his ass up in the air while he cleaned. It should be noted that Mark Beaks has never washed a van ever in his life so it's not like he was even doing a good job.

Soap and water was going oh him more than the van itself. But perhaps he was doing that on purpose.

He couldn't help it, but a light blush crossed Gyro's cheeks, especially when everyone else filling up their car turned to stare at the two of them. Including Ellie and Boyd who were watching the entire thing go down. The only people not watching were those inside the gas station and Glomgold who was still rolling around and drinking gasoline.