Chapter 46: No Title

Fenton rolled into Gyro, Gloria, and Ellie's hotel room that his family had bought for them because they really didn't like any of them which was of no surprise to Fenton.

He was adorned in full GizmoDuck gear, excluding the helmet he took off once he entered, holding it between his arm and side. The three stared at him and he eventually gave in to answer the question on their minds.

"No. There's still no sign of him. I'm guessing none of you have seen anything today either."

None of them answered at first so Gloria settled on being the first. "No, we split up to search different parts of the city today too. We even asked people. There was nothing..."

"God." Gyro was pacing the room, gnawing away at his tongue. He drew blood at one point but he had no idea when. His mouth had tasted like copper for hours. "What are we going to do? It's been three days! What if someone has kidnapped him by now?"

In his heart, Gyro knew that Boyd was fine. He had been on his own before, plus he had rocket feet. But the fact he was away from them for the first time in what felt like forever was horrifying. Boyd had truly never been alone except when Mark had found him in the dump all that time ago. Since then he had been tossed around. This time around, however, he chose his own path and flew off. He chose to be by himself and it came out of nowhere.

And... the things he had said to all of them. It was no surprise he hated Ellie and Mark if Gyro was being completely honest, but him and Gloria as well? They really fucked up. Boyd only confirmed Gyro's fear this whole time; he was indeed considered a villain for murdering so many people.

Fenton shook his head at Gyro's question. "He probably just flew back to Duckburg. There wouldn't be anywhere else for him to go."

Boyd had three days to go wherever he wanted to go with his rocket feet, meaning he could be literally anywhere in the world by now, and everyone knew that.

"Fenton's right. If anything, he probably flew to the McDuck Mansion to see Huey." Gloria agreed with Fenton and added along to what he was saying to help give Gyro and Ellie some ease over the situation. "But we can keep searching around Cincinnati, too."

"No. If he's Duckburg then we should leave now to meet up with him." Gyro continued to pace around the room. He wasn't fully convinced that Boyd would be back in Duckburg but it was a better explanation to his wearbouts than him staying around in Cincinnati for three days without anyone finding him.

Ellie was sitting by the window, somewhat out of it and ignoring everyone for the most part, but that caught her attention. She looked over at the three of them, though at no one in particular. "We cannot leave." She whispered, shaking her head. "Mark has not been released from the hospital just yet. I will not leave him here. We should continue to search Cincinnati until then."

After three days of searching for him in Cincinnati, none of them really felt like he was in the city anymore, making their searching feel more like a waste of time.

"Did the doctors tell you when he would be released from the hospital?" Gloria asked her.

Gyro wasn't happy that they were now stuck in Cincinnati just because of Mark but he kept his mouth shut. Ellie lost her husband and son in a matter of days. Even he knew that the last thing she needed to hear from him was a snarky remark. He would save his rants about that whenever he talked to Gloria privately.

Ellie shook her head again. "I have not heard anything from the doctor as of yet." She lied. In fact, Ellie had gotten multiple calls from the hospital on her new flip phone she had stolen, but refused to pick up every single time. She hadn't seen Mark or visited the hospital since she found out about his memory loss. She was ashamed of it, but she was scared to confront him again. The very thought was horrifying. But she knew she had to see him again at some point.