Chapter 11: The Proposal

It was 4 am in the morning and Gloria and Gyro were chilling in a hot tub.

Why 4 am, you ask? Well Gyro, being the man that he is, insisted that early morning was the prime time to get in the hot tub because no one else would be there. All the drunks went back to their suites to pass out, but it was also too early for boomers to get up.

Gloria wasn't too happy about the idea, but she wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to get drunk in a hot tub when there were no little kids or snobby people around. Hell yeah. Homie grabbed herself a beer real quick.

Surprisingly, or maybe not surprisingly because it was so early, the two didn't really chat all that much. It had only been ten minutes and there was a quick comment here and there but that was about it. Gyro just enjoyed admiring how beautiful Gloria was and Gloria just enjoyed chugging down that beer that gave her killer burps. She loved smacking her chest to get those babies out.

Gyro finally decided to start a conversation because this was sorta a date. Kind of? He wasn't too sure.

"So you used to be a stripper?" Perfect question to start a romantic conversation. Killer move, Gyro.

"That doesn't gross you out, right?" Gloria already finished her first beer and she was too stupid or tired (or both) to think about getting another. Oh well. She yeeted her beer bottle at a nearby trashcan and missed. It broke, obviously but whatever. That wasn't her problem.

Gyro ignored that, because he was used to her by now, and thought about her question for a good few seconds. "No. It just surprised me. I guess I really don't know that much about you at all, huh?" It seemed like the conversation was going to end there so Gyro decided to ask another question. "Why?" God, that sounded kinda demeaning. "I mean, being a "professional dancer" is totally "chill", but how'd you get into that? A stripper to a scientist? I would've never guessed."

"Well I would've gone to college right out of highschool but I didn't have the money to do so so I just booked it to Vegas. It was only for a few months of my life."

"Why Vegas? Pretty crazy of a city."

She shrugged "I dunno. A change of pace I guess. Lots of losers go there and waste all of their money on gambing and strippers. It was pretty easy money, it just sucked as a job."

Gyro frowned. That sounded pretty... bad. Like there was something deeper to it. "So, you didn't enjoy it? You seemed pretty happy on stage."

Gloria laughed at that. "Yeah I guess so. I dunno it was different in Vegas. Guys can be total assholes but it's fine! I held my own and I booked it out of there when I had the chance."

"God. I know guys are pricks but I can't imagine what it's like in Vegas. I've never been. That's probably obvious." Gyro didn't know where to go with the conversation and he didn't want to push Gloria about her past unless she was willing to open up, so he just left it at that. Whether she wanted to continue or not was up to her.

She shrugged again. "You're not missing much. Now, New York! New York is where it's at! Did I tell you about my time in New York when I was part of a gang!?"

"What?!" Gyro coughed, basically choking on air. "What are you even talking about?!"

"I guess not... Okay so before I was a stripper in Vegas, I moved to New York first to live with some family upstate. Still didn't have a job and being a stripper sucks in New York because it's cold as hell in the winter! Well anyways, to get by I joined a gang for fun."

"...What did you do? If you don't mind me asking." It was dawning on Gyro that he really knew nothing about Gloria. It was debatable if that was for the better or worse. He wasn't going to lie to himself, he was a bit concerned and scared about her past.