Chapter 44: Takedown

The hotel Gyro and Heidi walked to was extremely lavish. Holiday inn and Suites, the bougiest place to stay in all of Ohio.

Gyro was still on edge being around Heidi so he kept a close eye on her while keeping his distance from behind. "How did you know where we were anyway?"

"After I left Tampa I came here. Cincinnati is amazin! Who doesn't love Cincinnati?!"

"That didn't answer my question." He muttered. "And this city is shit by the way. Take it from the man who has a 200 IQ."

"I heard that my "old friends" were here and they had people with them. I assumed that they were you guys so I started snooping around without them knowing. I called the police as soon as I heard."

Gyro was now in the right state of mind, with PTSD of course, and he now realized how bad of an idea it was to get the police involved. Him and Ellie were murderers and they could've been the ones being retained. As for Heidi, well, Gyro wasn't so sure what she did during her gang days but she probably wasn't safe around the cops either.

"That was a risky move on your half." He crossed his arms and huffed. "But I appreciate it anyways I guess."

"Yeah it was risky but I knew I needed backup. I know those guys and I knew that I wouldn't be able to take them all down myself. It was really my only option."

"Well we're about to take on all of them alone so it looks like you aren't so smart after all, Heidi." Gyro spat out her name like it was a curse word. He almost hated her as much as he hated Mark, and that was saying a lot.

...it was probably bad to speak of Mark that way since he was dead but whatever. RIP. Goodbye Mark Beaks.

"Maybe not all of them. Vic is kind of a twink and I remember him trying to figure a way out of the gang for months. Maybe he can help us? Oh, also Dingles sucks ass too. Our real threats are T-bag and Tina. They don't fuck around."

"I figured that out when he forced me to take my son apart." He decided to stop digging into her and move on. "What's their room number?"

The two entered the elevator that was packed with mirrors.

"Dingles is always the one to make the room reservations whenever we travel so it's probably a stupid number like 666 or something."

He pressed the 6th floor. "You really think they're in the penthouse?"

"What? No, they've been low on money forever! I doubt they could afford a room like that. Maybe we should try another floor first."

"Hmmm..." With Gyro's high IQ level, he was able to figure something out. "They must've been lying to you Heidi. They've been renting places to keep us hostage left and right. Including that entire warehouse where I'm sure raves have been held. We're checking the penthouse."

"God, those bastards..." That pissed her off. She worked her ass off making sure she met her quota just to survive and they've been living like kings the whole time.

Gyro didn't feel the need to carry on the conversation so instead he started listening, along with Heidi, to Teenagers by My Chemical Romance that was playing through the elevator speakers. How classy.

Heidi nudged him with her elbow. "Perfect song to listen to before we die, ya?"

He stepped away from her. "Okay 1) don't touch me and 2) don't say we're going to die and 3) I don't know this song but it's horrid so far."

Heidi sneered. "God. Good thing I didn't fuck you. I wouldn't want to live with that."

"EXCUSE ME?!"