Chapter 23: Island "Paradise" (Part 2)

Boyd handed Gyro his food first. The reason behind it being our baby boy felt extremely guilty that all the bees stung his Dr. Dad and made him cry like a baby. He was still crying, but his sobs were muffled because of how swollen he was. He didn't look like a complete oompa loompa since he wasn't allergic, he just looked like someone who skipped their daily gym workout and ate too many carbs in one sitting. Specifically Pop-Tarts.

He handed a large slab of wood over to Gyro, one he had found on the beach, and pointed to the food on it. "I managed to shoot a family of crabs with my laser eyes! So I gave you the largest!" He pointed to the red crab on the side of the plate. The crab looked really upset. Probably because it's last moments were watching it's family get shot by a robot. "And over here is the warmed up honey. Be careful so it doesn't spill. I didn't have enough time to carve a wooden bowl."

Boyd knew how to do that. It was in the Junior Woodchuck guidebook. Duh. Why wouldn't you need to know how to make eating utensils in the wild?

"And finally!" He held up a coconut that was sliced in half and handed it over. "I found some coconuts! Make sure you drink the water and then eat all the white stuff inside! You need as many calories as possible!" Boyd stepped back and smiled, waiting for Gyro to say something.

"Wow, thanks Boyd... I don't know what to say." There were sniffles between every word. Not because of Boyd's kind gesture, it was still because of the bee stings. "But, yeah, thank you sport."

"UMMMMMM EXCUSE ME?!" Mark crossed his arms. "I call him 'sport', not you!"

Everyone ignored Mark but that wasn't anything new.

"No problem, Dr. Dad! It was no big deal!" Boyd beamed before walking over to get the rest of the food. "And I got to give everyone a larger serving since Uncle Glomgold isn't here!"

Thank god. Maybe he finally would become one with the monkeys.

"Wait a second..." Gloria's eyes lit up. "Where is that little bitch?! Is he dead?!"

"I beat him up and then he ran into the jungle. He was yelling about finding a new family of monkeys or something of the sort." Ellie stated matter-of-factly, but she wasn't too pleased because she knew he would be back within the next few days at most. He just rolled that way.

"OH HELL YEAH! DUCK JESUS IS ON OUR SIDE!" Gloria made the sign of the cross and pointed to the air, as if she was thanking the actual Duck Jesus, before picking up her own crab and ripping it in half with her hands.

Good thing Gyro's crab was dead because he was the husband and Gloria had the wife crab. He would've just witnessed his wife being torn apart. Duck Jesus spared neither of them. Or the children. He was a ruthless God.

Gyro, on the other hand, understood what Ellie was trying to say without saying it. "...No. He's going to be back most likely."

"GOD! THAT'S WHAT I SAID EARLIER! STOP COPYING ME!" Mark pouted. He got his food last and some of the honey spilled on his Gucci pajamas so he was even more pissed than usual.

"Mark, why would I copy you?"

Now that offended Mark. "Ummmm because I'm awesome? Duh!"

After that there was thankfully a few minutes of silence, excluding Mark mumbling under his breath.

"Boyd?"

Boyd shot his head up. "Yes, dad?"

"Is there, like, any other options?" Mark scrunched up his face as he picked at the steamed crab. He also only liked eating food that had the color red on Tuesdays. And it was fucking Wednesday.