Chapter 32: Farewell Tampa

"What do you mean you are a homosexual now?" Ellie stopped brushing her hair mid comb and turned around to look at Mark. Thankfully Boyd was still asleep and was spared from this very strange morning conversation. "Are you implying that you want to put my data in a male body?"

The look she gave him said 'I cannot believe I am programmed to love you because I would've left your dumbass ions ago'. Yep. All of that was said in one look. But you could dumb it down to a look of disgust.

Mark opened up the calendar app on his phone and showed Ellie how it's June, Pride Month. "Okayyyyy so like, because it's June, the entire rest of the month I have to be gay. So that means all of my photos, merch, profile icons, you name it, all have to be switched to rainbows!" Mark was changing his twitter icon to a picture of him with a rainbow background behind him as he spoke. He continued "And I was a few days late so I'm going to have to be SUPER gay to make up for lost time! Oh, and sorry but I can't post any photos of you and me until July? Cool? Cool."

"I do not understand. You are going to lie to the public about your sexuality to gain traffic on your social media? Is that what you are getting at? That is very disrespectful to the people of that community." She turned away from him and started brushing her hair again. "I advise against doing as such but do as you wish. I will wait patiently until it backfires."

During all of this, Glomgold was nibbling on his 10th packet of goldfish. Mark was forced to leave to go to a gas station with him at 1 am due to his constant whining for his "reward".

"OI!" Glomgold scrambled out from underneath the bed on all fours; a trail of goldfish being left behind him. "CAN I BE YOUR BOYFRIEND?!"

Mark looked over at him in disgust. "Ummmmm NO!" He finished changing all of his profile pictures and bios to represent pride month before looking back up at Ellie "Dude, this won't backfire on me! I do this shit every year and every year it's nothing but a huge success and marketing ploy from the LGBT peeps who want dope Waddle tote bags with their pride flag stamped on it!" He shut his phone off and started to rummage through his Jimmy Buffet shirts (the only shirts he had at the moment) before looking up at Ellie yet again with his dumbass self. "Yoooo also, could you find me a pair of scissors? I need to make crop tops."

Ellie sighed, knowing damn well it was going to backfire, before digging through her purse to pull out scissors. Yep, she always had those on her too, along with the pens. She figured it would be best to always keep a pair rather than resort to a broken mirror when someone needed to be stabbed. And yes, the scissors were from a Jimmy Buffett gift shop so the handles were nothing but palm trees and parrots.

"Make sure to return them just in case I must stab someone." She said while handing it over.

Mark did some type of excited, girly giggle as he yanked them away, immediately going to work on his soon to be crop tops.

Stepping over Glomgold who was now licking his ass on the floor, Ellie headed over to where Boyd was to wake him up for breakfast. As she gently shook him, someone knocked on the door. Ellie ignored it which was a silent command for Mark to get it. It was either Gyro or Gloria seeing if they were ready to head out.

Mark successfully cut one of his shirts into a crop top and put it on to replace the older, more hetero, shirt he was wearing. After admiring himself in the mirror and taking a selfie, he heard the door knock again. He huffed and answered the door. His eyes widened when he saw that it was Heidi. Mark was still not the biggest fan of Heidi and the fact that she was right in front of him again made the red flags in his head go up. "Ummmmm, hi?"

"Hey, Mar." Her smile was a bit unwieldy and she didn't make eye contact with him until after she spoke. "Sorry to bother you so early but I just wanted to apologize for, uh, literally everything. That wasn't cool of me, I guess."