Chapter 35: The Most Filler Chapter To EVER Exist (Part 1)

"OI! ARE YOU DONE YET DR. FUCKFACE?!"

Gyro wiped his forehead, and yes, the cliche thing where oil smeared on his head did happen. He shot an angry look at Glomgold. "Fixing an engine doesn't happen in 3 hours! A good mechanic takes 8 hours to finish it at least. And I am a very good mechanic so how about you sit down and wait? We'll be on the road by lunch."

He didn't have the energy to flip out on Glomgold too much. Everyone was already fed up with him as is and yelling only made it worse. It could've been more unpleasant, as in Glomgold could have been nibbling on people's legs again, but so far he was only complaining about the morning humidity and lack of goldfish.

Mark walked over to stand next to Gyro to watch him work. He pointed to the engine and laughed "Wow, I think the engine looks worse than how it was before we crashed! No offense, but also highkey yes take offense, you suck at this!"

The wrench Gyro had for the plot was immediately thrown on the ground in a fit of anger. "ALL OF YOU SHUT UP! ONCE I FIX SADIE, I'LL HAPPILY LEAVE ANYONE WHO MOUTHS ME OFF BEHIND!"

Literally everyone had stopped paying attention and his current rant. He huffed, rolling up his already short sleeved Jimmy Buffet shirt and picked up the wrench to continue his 'engine work' that was very shitty.

"Dr. Gearloose?"

Gyro practically shit himself and looked down to see Boyd. The kid was sneaky but Gyro managed a welcoming smile anyway.

"Hey there, Boyd! What's going on?"

Boyd just stared at him. "You are an inventor, not a mechanic." It wasn't a question, just a statement. The sentence was pretty bland and emotionless so either he was picking up things from Ellie, which was very bad, or he was serious. It had to have been the latter.

"Um... excuse me?" Gyro didn't care if Boyd was a child; his sass remained. "I can be whoever I want to be, thank you very much."

Boyd simply pointed to the engine. "You're making Sadie's condition worse." He frowned as he attempted to peak over by the open hood to get a better look.

"Wha- no I'm not." Gyro waved him off. "You don't know what you're talking about."

Boyd politely pushed Gyro out of the way, it wasn't really a push, just a tap to get him to move.

"What are you doing?"

Ignoring him, because Boyd knew he wouldn't listen, he hopped up to stand on the car by the open engine. All he did was turn a bolt and then hopped back down. "That was all you needed to do, Dr. Gearloose. You weren't working on the right part of the engine. In fact, it was barely damaged at all."

Gyro's smile was fake as he bawled up his fists. "Thank you very much Boyd."

Fucking rude, but Gyro couldn't help it. Boyd literally made him look like an idiot. At least no one noticed.

"You are an idiot."

Gyro whipped around to see Ellie who was standing right beside him for god knows how long.

"DUCK JESUS! WHY WON'T YOU PEOPLE LEAVE ME ALONE?!"

"I assume we may enter the vehicle now."

He scoffed. "Yes, fine, whatever."

"WOT?!" Glomgold got on all fours and rammed his head into the door. "OPEN UP, SADIE! YOU BIG FAT BIATCH!"

Boyd found that very insulting on Sadie's behalf and opened the sliding door for Glomgold who grunted scottishly in thanks before crawling like a roach. He disappeared under the seats, making Boyd even more uncomfortable. He didn't want to sit on the seat above Glomgold, but there was no way to tell which one he resided under.