Chapter 24: Margaritaville Gossip

Gyro, Mark, Ellie, Gloria, and Boyd were all now sitting in Margaritaville with Jimmy Buffett with their new Gucci Jimmy Buffett fits on. It was the theme of the entire gift shop so it was either that or they stayed in pajamas.

It should be mentioned all their money was left on the ship so they didn't really have a choice. Jimmy was the one paying sooooo...

They all wore dad beach shorts with hawaiin patterns on them and Jimmy Buffett themed shirts.

Ellie's had an illustration of "Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville" on the front, along with a parrot that sat on a sign that read "Key West: Changes in Latitude. Changes in Attitudes." She thought it was the stupidest fucking thing. There was also a margarita because DUH.

On the back was ANOTHER illustration of ANOTHER "Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville" with Jimmy Buffett himself on it. Another stupid quote was plastered on the back too to make it worse. "Nothing remains quite the same... if we weren't all crazy we would go insane!"

Ellie's face snarled up when she looked at it. And the fact the entire shirt was yellow... EW! Jimmy thought it looked fantastic on her for whatever reason. Maybe this was her personal hell.

Boyd was matching her which was pretty cute so that was a plus and the only benefit.

Gloria was also wearing a yellow Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville shirt. The front read "Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville Key West" with a margarita next to it. The back read "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" On the top with two parrots chilling and drinking margaritas in front of a sunset. There was a repeat of "Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville Key West" under the parrots. She thought it was pretty cute but nothing would compare to her original Jimmy Buffet that he personally signed. She planned on turning it into a crop top when she got the chance.

As for Mark, now that man picked out a revealing blue tank top that read. "Whatever. I'm on island time" with palm trees and the "Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville" logo of course.

Lastly Gyro was wearing a dark navy shirt that read "How I Got Here I Have No Clue" with a large beer beside the beach font. That was Jimmy's pick for him as well and he was not happy.

Where is Glomgold, you ask? Don't question it.

The waitress hadn't even come yet but Jimmy already had a Margarita that he pulled out of his short pockets. Don't question that either.

"So..." Jimmy was strumming on his guitar while he spoke. "Why are the guys at a separate table from us?" He nudged his head to Mark and Gyro who had requested to sit at a different table. They weren't too far away, but far enough for them to not hear their conversation and vice versa.

Ellie awkwardly tapped her fingers on the table. "I am not sure. I believe they just wanted to spend quality time together." She bluffed, and her lie was absolutely terrible as per usual, but Jimmy was too drunk on margaritas (also as per usual) to notice her obvious fake tone.

"I think they are starting to become close friends!" Boyd added while coloring in the parrots on his kid's menu. Poor baby believed that too...

"Hey, kid?"

Boyd lifted his head to raise a brow at Jimmy. "Yes, sir?"

"Wanna help me write my next song?!"

He gasped. "YES, SIR!"

Jimmy patted the booth next to him and Boyd went running over to the other side of the table.

While that was going on, Ellie took that as a cue to start talking to Gloria who was currently chugging down her fifth margarita. Jimmy had given her those from his pockets too.