Chapter 6: The Chaotic Cruise Begins

It was 3 am, the haunting hour, and Mark couldn't sleep. Being him, he decided the perfect way to pass the time was to play Mario Kart and ramble to Ellie since she didn't really need to sleep. She didn't mind because she was the only one who actually enjoyed listening to him for some ungodly reason.

Glomgold was thankfully not in the room either so they could freely talk without being yelled and/or barked at.

"Man, when I was growing up my mom would've KILLED me if she found out I was up this late on my phone!" Mark just got to the last round of the map and he was currently in the lead. He always puts the settings on easy so he would win... for the most part.

"The blue light coming from your phone disrupts the production of melatonin, which is a hormone that regulates an organic body's sleep cycle. Your mother probably only got mad because she cared for your well being." Ellie said while watching him play his game.

"HA! Yeah right..." He slipped on a banana. Not IRL, in the game, stupid. He was still in first though so he really didn't care.

"Why do you say-" Ellie stopped when she realized that one conversation she had with Miss Glamour a few months back. She had indeed noticed how poorly his mother had treated him and that was why Mark craved so much attention. She just forgot about it after he had awoken from his coma and never brought it up. "...oh..."

Mark sighed "Yeah... I'll never understand that woman." He finished the round, winning second place again. There was a blue shell that got him right at the end. He started another map and continued playing.

Ellie turned her attention from the screen to him. "I am sorry I said all those mean things to you about craving attention." She laid her head on his shoulder despite them already laying down. "Why did you never bring it up in therapy?"

"Oh, I have mentioned it before in therapy but it wasn't with Ms. Kris. It was with Steelbeak."

"Is that a friend of yours?"

He forgot that all of her memories of Steelbeak were wiped. "Nevermind... I dunno why I never bring it up in therapy. It's too awkward and stupid I guess."

"You should-"

"WOT'S UP, BITCHES?!! TOP DADDY IS HERE!" Glomgold busted down the door, wearing Mark's bath robe and Ellie's slippers. He had a suitcase in hand, along with his stuffed animal, Crabby. There was a good chance that his suitcase was filled with rocks. Literal rocks. "YOU BETTER BE PACKED! WE'RE LEAVING FOR THE CRUISE IN 5 MINUTES WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!"

"WHAT?! BUT IT'S 3 AM!" If Mark didn't kill Glomgold now, he would on the cruise. He was planning to do it when the boat leaves the border and they are in open water where there are no laws, that's when he'll strike.

"WE GOTTA GET THERE EARLY! DUHHHHH!"

Ellie was able to forget, for just a moment, that Glomgold was going on the cruise with them until just now. Her mood quickly changed to a sour one. Sitting up, she glared at her Uncle for once and didn't just look at him emotionlessly. "Uncle Glomgold, the cruise will not allow us to board until 10 ante meridiem. If we show up this early we will only be standing in the dark. So please head back to your private quarters and go back to sleep before you wake Boyd up again."

"BUT IF WE AREN'T IN THE FRONT OF THE LINE THEN THEY WON'T LET US BOARD! STOOPID GORL!" Glomgold opened his suitcase and dumped all of his stuff on the floor. Yep, there were rocks in there but there was also a bottle of sunscreen. He opened the sunscreen and started to lather himself with it.

Ellie got up and went to the master bathroom. Did she need to use it? No. She's a robot duh. It was just her way of telling Mark to handle it.

Mark knew and turned his phone off. "Can you, like, leave already? It's bad enough you're coming on the cruise!"