Chapter 47: Ellie Kinda Sucks

"...so... you're leaving already? Why?"

Gloria could hear the pain in Heidi's tone that she was trying so hard to hide, but was also failing miserably.

"I'm sorry. I would love to stay and hang out with you longer but Boyd could be back in Duckburg already and we have to leave to make sure he's alright. I'll see you again though! You have my number so we can stay in touch." She gave Heidi a reassuring smile.

"I'll make sure Ding and V get the message." She smiled, but it was frail. "Good luck finding, Boyd. Poor kid... I would've never guessed."

Gyro was just standing in the background, with his arms cross, giving Heidi a death glare from behind. She was ignoring him for the most part but she definitely noticed.

"Alright, we should get going and find Ellie to let her know what's going on." He tried his best to not come off as, well, a bitch. But he failed. Needless to say, he turned to Fenton before he saw Gloria's reaction to his sudden mistake. "Promise to give us updates on the city and its surrounding areas. I know we all doubt he's here but you never know."

Fenton nodded. "Certainly, Dr. Gearloose. I'll continue searching after dinner. My familia believes I'm just doing science research at the city library or something of the sort."

Gloria gave Heidi a quick hug goodbye before walking over to Fenton and Gyro and giving Fenton a hug goodbye as well. "Thanks for all your help, guys!" She was talking to both Heidi and Fenton before turning her attention to Gyro. "Okay, we should get going.... Where's Launchpad?"

"Oh! I'm right here, Miss G!" Launchpad was as tall as a skyscraper but he was also the kind of person you want to ignore when given the opportunity so he was also just vibing in the background. He waved his hand in the air to signal where he was.

"Where did you say your plane was again?" Gloria asked him.

"It's in my hotel room!"

"...what?" Heidi was confused. She didn't understand how often Launchpad crashed so that statement does seem odd without any context of his character.

"It's in my-"

"Shut up." Gloria cut him off before he repeated himself. She took out her phone and started to text Ellie. "I'm letting Ellie know to meet us at Launchpad's hotel. Ready to go?" She looked up at Gyro again.

Gyro was trying to mentally prepare for the crash that was bound to happen in the next few hours, but he couldn't. No amount of preparation could stop his heart from dropping every single time Launchpad almost killed them. "...sure. Let's get going." He shot Launchpad a look before leading the way out.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ellie's flip phone buzzed in her pocket while her and Mark were walking around Cincinnati. He was very upset he had to use his feet but Ellie convinced him to continue walking because cameras could get better shots of him outside rather than in a vehicle. Really she just didn't want to deal with him complaining about a low class taxi.

The text was from Gloria. "The other organics- sorry, people on the show are meeting us at a hotel room. We were heading there already but it is nice to know they are on the way as well." While she was talking, she was constantly scanning the area around for any sign of Boyd. To the average person her eyes were just darting around frantically and she looked rather paranoid, like she was sure she was about to get jumped.

"Ugh! Why are we even going to a stupid hotel room?! This is so lame there are so many boring ass places here that I need to take a photo in front of. Ohio sucks!" Mark stuffed his hands into his new and expensive cardigan and kicked a pebble while he was walking to express his anger towards Cincinnati. Of course he went shopping for a whole new wardrobe after he was released from the hospital. His old clothes were ruined by his blood. Gross. There were a few high end stores like Gucci and Louis Vuitton for Mark to find some comfortable day wear until he got home.