Chapter 3: Glomgold The Therapist

Mark sat in Ms. Kris' office. Alone. After last night's events, with the rave and Ellie's haircut breakdown, the two had gone to an emergency therapy session in the morning. After hearing the story, Ms. Kris thought it was a good idea to talk to them separately. Ellie had already gone so she was in the waiting room while Mark was in his current shit show of a situation with a woman he didn't necessarily think was the best therapist.

"I know I've already heard the story," She started, much to Mark's disappointment. A part of him hoped she wouldn't talk and they would just chill in some nice silence so he could check Twitter. He really wanted some praise from fangirls to cheer him up at the moment. "But I would like to hear your version of events. Your opinion on it, if you will. And how it did- does affect you. I know that's a lot to think about so you can begin wherever you want."

"Well, to be honest with you I was lowkey drunk the entire night but I sobered up enough when I found Ellie on the roof and when I drove us home. I dunno, when I found her she was just laughing to herself. It was freaking me out. Then she snapped out of it and then we left. That was about it." Mark was checking his phone for the time every 5 minutes. Therapy was awkward with Ellie in the room but now it was even worse when he was alone.

She nodded. Ms. Kris ran out of paper within 15 minutes after they showed up so she was writing on the back of old notebooks now. "Okay. Well... how does the situation affect you? How do you feel? I know it's hard but if I'm going to help you I need you to open up more." The question was broad as hell so Mark was even more nervous. Dude was put on the spot.

It was so easy for him to talk to Steelbeak he wasn't sure why he was having a rough time talking to his actual therapist. Maybe it was because he was close to dying? Who knows with this man. "Not Gucci I guess... I mean, I was really excited for us to go to a rave together and I hated that it backfired like it did. Ellie was pretty mad at me the whole ride home. We really haven't spoken much afterwards. I just hate that she's still struggling with the whole dictator thing..."

"Her being upset at the rave isn't your fault. PTSD works in many ways and there was something there that triggered her which sadly she wasn't willing to share..." Ms. Kris trailed off for a second. "Does the dictatorship affect you? You never talk about it and I know you were kidnapped as well."

"Eh, not really? It probably should but I've been kidnapped a couple of times so after the first few you get used to it I guess. Plus I'm rich so I knew I would get out of it somehow."

Ms. Kris wasn't go to comment on that last part because it was just plain stupid. But that was just Mark. "Okay. I have one more question for you before I start giving you my own advice. Why do you want to repair the relationship with Ellie? Why do you care for her?"

"Well, she's been the only one who actually cares about me and not social media me, ya dig? Typically people only like the image of me that I have of myself online but Ellie doesn't care about any of that and... I dunno, it's refreshing I guess. God, I could probably write a book, ew books I know, about all the things I love about her but I'm like, not a one-on-one people talker? Could I instead send you a pdf or something? I could make a really long Twitter post and dm it to you. Could that work?"

"Anything you like about her personality...?"

"...uhhhh....?"

"Let's just move on." Ms. Kris was still waiting for them to break up. She was a pretty shit therapist.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It was 11 am and Glomgold finally decided to waddle on down the mansion steps. "OI! ROBO-BABEH! MAKE ME BREAKFAST!" He cockroach crawled over to the kitchen when he didn't get the response he wanted. "ROBO BABEH? UGH! BEAKS?! UGHHHHHHHHH!"